Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 2:35 AM Last edited by ShadowsMystery : 11th Oct 2013 at 3:58 AM.
Default Lines appearing on edges of object
So, I've been working on this bar stool all day (an edited version of a FT bar stool), and one fix led to another problem that needed to be fixed, and so on and so on. And just when I thought it was done, I noticed that, in game, these thin lines appear along the edges of the seat (as shown in the pic) and only go away if you zoom in really close. I'm thinking it has to do something with the UV map, as the stool was fine until I created new maps and textures, but I'm so new to doing UV maps, I have no idea what I did wrong. Help?

A complete list of what I've done so far:
-deleted the glass and metal backing
-fixed the back of the seat (where the metal backing was against the frame)
-deleted the glass subset, textures, etc.
-made the seat cushion recolorable
-created new UV maps with 3ds Max

(as a random side note, is a 512 texture too much for the cushion?)
Screenshots

My LJ / My Simblr
Formerly known as ShadowsMystery
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 3:20 AM
it can either be fixed by scaling the uvcoordinates a little bit smaller so they fit within the texture or expand the edges of the textures a little.(dont forget to do the alphachannel aswell if used.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 3:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
it can either be fixed by scaling the uvcoordinates a little bit smaller so they fit within the texture or expand the edges of the textures a little.(dont forget to do the alphachannel aswell if used.)

Ah, that's what it was. Even though I had it in the uv map lines, it seems the lines were off. Thanks ^.^

My LJ / My Simblr
Formerly known as ShadowsMystery
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 5:13 AM
you always have to give the coordinates a few more pixels