Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
just a girl
#176 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 11:15 PM
In cases like this, hiders are "safer" then defaults. You get improved outfit, hide the original, and everything referencing original mesh stays as it should be.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#177 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 1:48 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 12th Aug 2017 at 2:08 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
No, I'm not saying it would but if you're remapping the feet (which I guess you are), then all recolours of that mesh someone already has will get something like this..

This is why I am not remeshing the feet. @maxon
The original feet mesh is gone in my package, and replaced by the sexyfeet mesh(either mine of bloom, and it is further edited). Only part that remain is the part that actually show the shoe texture. I kill the painting on skin sandal/flip flop, and replace by a real sandal/flip flop. Basically, all recolor of these sandal/flip flop will stop showing on the feet(because it is gone) but will show on my new...sandal/flip flop mesh.
Or, in this case below, my sandal mesh is an alpha I added to the base game outfit. It has its own texture, the original default one. See rather...
This is one of my very first recolor for this game. (don't laugh)
See my new shoe texture, compare to the original.

What then happens, once I default it..the way I default it. :

No big mess. My old pink shoe texture does not even show anymore, like the picture you posted..because it has nothing to apply on anymore.
Only the part that remains is showing, and since the default textures of that outfit aren't changed..well, my sandal is showing the original, still.

Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
In cases like this, hiders are "safer" then defaults. You get improved outfit, hide the original, and everything referencing original mesh stays as it should be.

Thank you for the tip! Sometimes I need to read it to consider it or just remember it can be done another way..lol
That would be perfect if I didn't want defaults in my game. But I do want them, and they are much less trouble than creating new independent clothing. I understand maxon's concerns, her and other's probably, but this is a project I create for myself first, that I thought I'd share as well. The only recolors and default I have are the ones I made, with the exception of Bloom's feet.
What I could do though, would be to share the feet/sandal/flip flop part separately..for people who would not want the whole default, but would want to add that part to meshes of their choice etc. They aren't complete clothing, and are useless alone but could accommodate the simmers who are willing to create.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Instructor
#178 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 2:26 AM
Since I'm a woodworker of sorts and have been know to make a rocking horse or two, I was kinda planning to clone the bouncy riding toy to make a rocking horse for the maternity and beyond, but I see it's already been done. So...I'm ... thinking...

Not my strong suit, so I moved on. The solution to that problem will sort itself out better if I turn my attention to something else. I thought it might be cool to make some recolors for my comput0r - like maybe a gamer's rig or steampunk... and I got a little carried away. Looks like I'll be making a completely new computer mesh - Steampunk Style. So far I have this mouse and a keyboard mock-up.

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#179 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 6:57 PM
Oh my!..this thread have had no replies for 18 days..I hope I'm not breaking anything.
So I'm now working on making separates, but in a funny way. I discovered this was possible so...
I made 3 different overalls meshes for female adult/YA, using my toddler overalls as a base, yes I did just that.
Turn them all into bottom. Then I made a top.
So far, the shirt has only one recolor, but I will make more, I focused on the overalls first.
Bottom overalls have one recolor each, will make more as well. I am planing on having a lot of mix & match options...
For now, 3 bottom meshes with one recolor each + one shirt mesh with only one recolor, gives me 3 options.
I plan to have at least 48 different possibilities.
So I need : one more recolor for each overalls bottom, so 3 more,
3 new top meshes (t-shirt/tank top/sweater-like), so 3 more meshes + 2 recolors for each,
and of course, a second recolor for the top already made. This is a 48 wardrobe options - 7 meshes.

Shoes are still attached to the mesh package for now, but once turned into Accessory, count even more options.
If it is possible to add an alpha to an accessory that is, as some of my shoes requires them, such as my combat boot one (shown on the short overalls version).

I made the bottoms and the top available for Maternity, and all have a preg morph. Will have to test this out. All have a fat morph, and that works well.
This is exciting.
Screenshots

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#180 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 7:25 PM
Oh I like tops and bottoms stuff - nice job. I thought about swappable shoes as an accessory. You'd have to make them layerable with other accessories.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#181 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 8:45 PM
Yes!, like I did for that cardigan(??) that I had also set as outerwear, so my children could keep their everyday clothes and just put that on top if it gets cold.
Thank you.
Screenshots

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#182 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 9:17 PM
I actually put that idea out on tumblr @maxon about people making barefooted meshes, and then shoes could be put on as accessories :P

@Rosebine that is super exciting you are doing that! I am not good at clothing meshing...
just a girl
#183 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Yes!, like I did for that cardigan(??) that I had also set as outerwear, so my children could keep their everyday clothes and just put that on top if it gets cold.

Wow, how did you do that? So the game thinks the sim changed his outfit without actual clothes change? How does that work?
Mad Poster
#184 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 10:29 PM
Oh no..I am not that good..lol @Lamare
The outfit this child is wearing is simply set as everyday and outerwear.
I choose the same outfit for both category, so it looks like he keeps the same outfit, and since my accessory cardigan is only available as outerwear, he wears it when he wears outerwear. And, as it is layerable, he can also wear glasses or else.
And for the barefeet meshes, I'd say it is better to not have feet at all, to avoid bleedthroughz. But if you do that, then you absolutely need, accessory shoes.
I already made some, but it was high suede Kicker(insert registred trademark sign) boots for girls.

just a girl
#185 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 10:44 PM
So to be able to use this cardigan with other everyday clothes you set them all to outerwear as well? That's a bummer, haha)

Interesting stuff anyway. Overalls and shoes, too. Opens many options
Mad Poster
#186 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 10:51 PM
You could use this cardigan as you would any other accessory, but only when your sim wears outerwear. Normal outerwear outfits aren't skin tight, they look warm and chubby...so this cardigan would not fit well. But nothing stops you. lol
I did that because I liked the idea of not changing the whole outfit, just because I put a winter jacket on!..I mean who does that?

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#187 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
I actually put that idea out on tumblr @maxon about people making barefooted meshes, and then shoes could be put on as accessories :P

I don't think you'd need to have barefoot meshes as a base - basically just have an accessory that replaces the foot of any mesh.

I confess I have thought in the past of replacing all the skins I have with top and bottom versions.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#188 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 11:14 PM
And for the barefeet meshes, I'd say it is better to not have feet at all, to avoid bleedthroughz. But if you do that, then you absolutely need, accessory shoes.
I already made some, but it was high suede Kicker(insert registred trademark sign) boots for girls.

I don't think you'd need to have barefoot meshes as a base - basically just have an accessory that replaces the foot of any mesh.

I confess I have thought in the past of replacing all the skins I have with top and bottom versions.

This concludes, we both agree. lol
Big project huh? But it would be worth it for me, as I could then use the ea stuff I never use now. And of course, i would redo everything I ever made.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#189 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 11:18 PM
This concludes, we both agree. lol
Big project huh? But it would be worth it for me, as I could then use the ea stuff I never use now. And of course, i would redo everything I ever made.

Well yes, we do agree on that don't we?

I'm not sure it's a big project - in the sense it would take a lot of work - just find a method to hide the regular feet from any mesh and replace it with the accessory and build that into the file. If you could do that, I'd guarantee people would be making shoes left, right and centre. We could all get rid of those multiple versions of clothes with different footwear (including some of your sexy feet so sims could go barefoot).

It would save me having to do another project I had in mind which was to replace a pile of shoes on older meshes where I like the dress (or whatever) but the shoes are horrid.

Mad Poster
#190 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 11:44 PM
just find a method to hide the regular feet from any mesh and replace it with the accessory and build that into the file.

But how could you have a mesh that is..part body/top/bottom and part accessory? Unless I do not understand what you meant.
The only way I see, would be to default all maxis meshes by simply deleting the feet part from them, then make a package file containing all of them. or by gender/age..like Bloom did.
Or, hiding them all, well, just the body and bottom ones, and remaking all of them, without the feet part.---------------------> *Lamare would probably go that route*

After that, you'd need to remake all the ea shoes into accessory, categorizing them appropriately, so they show in...proper categories.

When I realized this could be done, i thought Townifying my bottoms would be a very silly idea. Unless you really want to see Goopy showing up with one of my bottoms, but without feet. 0_o
But then i remembered seeing this...
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...p?topic=11419.0
Glasses ARE shoes, in this case.
There is hope see?

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#191 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 12:03 AM
Yes, I think that's the issue. One possible method might be to default the body meshes with the bottom split into two meshes (if that were possible). You need a way to identify the foot mesh so you could then get the accessory shoe to replace it by getting the accessory to hide it (I'd do it from the knee down maybe to allow for knee-high boots?). I think this is what happens in TS3 and 4.

Mad Poster
#192 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 12:14 AM
Default body mesh needs to remain *body*..so I do not think this would be possible. Or else, maybe a body could become a bottom..but certainly not a bottom and a top within the same mesh package.
As for cutting at the knees, no need
Because the vertices of the shin/calf part are all assigned to the same bone. As you know, this part does not bend. Only the ankle/feet/toes does, and could create bleedingz if the ankle/feet/toes of a shoe accessory was put over it. (hence why barefeet would not work as well)
Since the tall boot part and the leg's shin/calf would be assign identically, are basically the same mesh, there is not much room for bleeding.

just a girl
#193 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 12:20 AM
You need a way to identify the foot mesh so you could then get the accessory shoe to replace it by getting the accessory to hide it

Accessories can do that? Hide a part of body mesh just like that? Like applying an invisible recolor of sorts?
Mad Poster
#194 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 12:23 AM
Problem is, a foot mesh does not exist in this game. Only body, top and bottom.
In my opinion, there is no use in hiding bare feet under a shoe accessory if it will create bleeding anyway. If you want barefeet, make them as accessory, or simply leave them on your body mesh. Pajamas and underwear for instance would keep their bare feet on. I rarely go to the store in my underwear, and barely wear my Doc Martens with my nightgown...dunno about you guys?

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#195 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 12:34 AM Last edited by maxon : 15th Sep 2017 at 12:45 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
Accessories can do that? Hide a part of body mesh just like that? Like applying an invisible recolor of sorts?

Probably not - I'm thinking speculatively rather than thinking specifically about meshing for the game. I'm trying to think about how to solve a problem. But that works for objects - hiding by applying an invisible recolour. That's sort of what I had in mind though - making the shoe accessory apply an invisible foot and then applying the shoe mesh layered on top.

It's always seemed to me that the most interesting mods and hacks we have come from thinking about the game systems in a way that's beyond 'tutorial methods' type thinking, if you see what I mean. Not 'how do you do this?' but 'how can this be done?' It's probably not appropriate here but I'm interested in exploring those ideas.

Default body mesh needs to remain *body*..so I do not think this would be possible. Or else, maybe a body could become a bottom..but certainly not a bottom and a top within the same mesh package.

I wasn't thinking about the body - as in naked - mesh. For casual wear we already have a top and bottom half (and we know those can also be used in other clothing categories - as you demonstrated above).

What I meant by foot mesh Rose, is that in creating a two part bottom mesh (preferably as a default so it works for all clothes - I realise now, you'd have to do one for every existing unique type of bottom mesh), you create a foot mesh.

Mad Poster
#196 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 1:14 AM
Oh! I get it now and I totally agree on 'how can this be done?' philosophy.
A bottom/body mesh could have an alpha editable feet mesh part. This is what my bottom overalls are. Though not exactly editable, since i did not keep the legs part all the way. but if I do, then yes.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#197 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 1:26 AM
Well that sounds potentially interesting Rose

Lab Assistant
#198 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 8:25 PM
Hey, thought I would give a bump to the thread since there has not been a post for awhile. Recently, I have been working on mock Goth inspired crop tops. I am pretty excited with how they have turned out. One of my teenage sims is going through a goth phase and so I felt the need to start a new project. Here is an example of what I have:

I have made 7 goth colors, all with the same studded leather.
Mad Poster
#199 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 9:19 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 29th Sep 2017 at 9:50 PM.
Just a small project I did for my own sake - a name tag and pen/paper for Skell's version of scrubs, converted from another game (and heavily modified). I'd previously made textures with these accessories for the scrubs, but thought these might add some dimension. The name tags are customized for my story, with the names and professions for the various sims, plus pictures (yes, I actually did a photoshoot to take pics for the name tags that really are way too small to see clearly ingame, anyway - mostly because I only had a single picture I could use for one of the characters, and it was kinda goofy). I'm also working on some generic ones, in case I'll ever need that - not that anyone would notice... I may add a uniform watch to the ansamble to complete it, but haven't gotten that far yet. Thought it would add a little bit of realism, since that's more or less what I usually have on my uniform at work.

I made two designs, one based on the original texture (bottom), and one from back when I tinkered with a different design for ID-badges (never got as far as to make the mesh for it until now). IThe custom one even got a background pic of the ingame hospital. And because I can be nitpicky when I decide to, all of the characters have different ID numbers that repeat for both designs. Won't show ingame except for in an extreme closeup, but eh...
just a girl
#200 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 10:39 PM

Found a way to view student's job panel. Sticked an interaction in Sim Blender, since it's most popular object on almost all my lots. Still unsure what's best for sharing - to upload modified Sim Blender or do something else.
Page 8 of 22