Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 3:35 PM Last edited by Numenor : 9th Dec 2006 at 2:43 AM.
Default "Is Chair a Booth" / "Is Sofa a Sectional" global patches - Discussion thread
EDIT by Numenor: the actual packages can be downloaded from this thread in the Downloads forum.

-------------------------------------------------------------

These two patches enable the game to recognise cloned booth chairs and sectional sofas as such, provided you have not changed the Proxy GUID values in the OBJD resource (you should never have reason to change these values anyway)

Both are compatible with all games up to and including Pets, but of course you need an EP that knows about sectionals in order to use a cloned sectional in the first place!

Place the packages in your Downloads folder, as normal.

SharedIsChairABoothGlobal.zip
hacked global BHAV 0x0433 "EP2 - Is Chair a Booth?"

SharedIsSofaASectionalGlobal.zip
hacked global BHAV 0x0478 "EP2 - Is Chair a Sectional Sofa?"

If you are cloning a booth or sectional sofa to share, point your users to this thread to download the patch. It's best not to include it with your object, in case the patch needs updating. Having several versions of it could cause problems.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 6:59 PM
Do what now? I'm making a picnic table with the bench made out of a booth.

Worship4Ever0227 ~ Visit My Site! SimSafe2.com
Please Check Out The Prayer Room.
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 7:40 PM
Edited: post no longer relevant
Field Researcher
#4 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 7:49 PM
Uhm... I'm still not sure I understand, but here is the GUID: 0x0025354C

Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 8:05 PM
Ok download the file in the first message, unzip it and put it in your downloads folder with your new seat. That *should* make them work.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 8:09 PM
Okay, I'll give that a shot. thanks

Field Researcher
#7 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 8:23 PM
Okay, either your hack or my bench crashes the game.

Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 8:29 PM
Well if you did anything wrong in your scenegraph thing, that will crash the game now as the bench is *trying* to work.

What I would be inclined to do is make a bench from a decoration and use some normal booth seats coloured invisible to put in the same place (using move_objects).

But if you want to, you could send me your bench and it might help us both understand why it's not working. Do you have anyone else's cloned booths in your game? Send it to me at [email protected]
Field Researcher
#9 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 8:33 PM
All I messed with was the GMDC, TXTR, OBJD, and Object Description files... right now I'm testing the game w/o my bench to see what happens.

EDIT: It was my bench.

oh, and no I don't have anyone else's custom booth.

Thanks

Field Researcher
#10 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 3:05 AM
It's fixed and all done, thanks for your help

Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#11 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 4:55 AM
If you really want to make some kind of globally-compatible version for custom chairbooths, why not use a CT test so anyone can plug in a "Return true" answer? Then you won't need to collect all the GUIDs. Alternatively, test the fallback GUID instead. If creators don't change those, the game will still be able to read that it was originally cloned from a Maxian chairbooth.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 7:20 AM
Well as I was saying to Peter yesterday that was one of the many things Maxis could have done that would have been better than what they did. Or they could have used a proper class scheme. Either way would have been also helpful in other ways, as in "find me all the possible toilets" when a sim needs to go, rather than looking at all the objects including tables and working out how much bladder they offer etc. At least that way it would be possible to ask maids to prioritise their cleaning.

The fallback GUID might work, but the CT adding would probably stump a lot of meshers. I'll have a think about that one, but in the meantime what I've started doing won't stop that working if we change over to it.
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 12:16 PM
Ok Pes I have changed it to test for Proxy GUID and it is certainly working for my bench and Worship's. It's probably not quite as foolproof as adding the GUIDs, but one hell of a lot more convenient :D
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th Dec 2006 at 1:33 PM
I have added the counterpart patch for sectional sofas, to the first post.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 4th Dec 2006 at 2:32 PM
beautiful work, thanks inge
Test Subject
#16 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 5:01 PM
Great work Inge, thank you so much.
Test Subject
#17 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 6:19 PM
I downloaded this mod so i could use it for blake boy's new Dana modular sofa, but i dont know if it is this mod or the sofa that is crashing my computer.(computer restarts on its own). i have the sims 2 and nightlife ep. Did i do smth wrong??
Original Poster
#18 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 7:29 PM
Well it's obviously not crashing his computer, cos he tested with my patch. So that rules out a just plain flakey patch or sofa.

Usually when there is an error in the code of a hack, the game can crash but it would not normally crash the computer. Can you describe what you have to have just done in order to get this crash?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#19 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 8:14 PM
thank you for replying so quick.!

yesterday i downloaded his sofa and ur patch..installed to the downloads folder .and my computer crashed 3 times while in the game of course.then this morning i removed the patch and sofa files from the downloads file and it has stopped crashing. i know its not the lot i was trying to put the sofas into because it plays just fine now
Original Poster
#20 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 8:50 PM
Could you do me a favour please and put in my patch but leave out Blake Boy's sofa and just try to play with a Maxis sectional sofa for a little while and let me know if it still crashes?

Test Subject
#21 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 11:18 PM
Thank you
Test Subject
#22 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 11:47 PM
ok i put back the patch .and forgot to also include the crash or restart is only happening when i push the save button..*SORRY* but yes it still happened
Original Poster
#23 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 8:42 AM
!! In all my years modding I cannot think of any modding bug that can cause a crash only when saving!! Did your sims manage to sit on the hacked sofa ok before you pressed Save?

Unfortunately because of the peculiarity of your report and that there would be no error report to send me (it doesn't get logged when there is a full computer crash) I don't think I will be able to analyse this unless someone else reports similar, upon which time I can begin to look for a common factor.

Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 4:32 PM
Ok, no problem, i guess ill just have to live without ur patches and blake boy's new sofas. thank you so much for replying so quick .
Test Subject
#25 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 7:55 PM
Is this global hack compatible with the file that comes with Shaklin's sectional chairs? I think this might be the problem because my game has begun crashing as well when I added this patch. I hope this is not the case because it would mean having to choose between sectionals. I'm off to thes this out.

-- Cynna
Page 1 of 2