Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 24th May 2018 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I've also learned to save Uni dorms between midnight and 4 a.m. to avoid the dorm cook getting reset - it's fixable, but annoying, so best avoided.
What happens if the dorm cook gets reset? Does she not just start cooking again?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 24th May 2018 at 3:35 AM
If food is out, including in preparation, when a neighborhood resets, it becomes spoiled and untouchable - the sim can't finish it, remove it from the stove, or throw it away. So the dorm cook, who is constantly producing and setting out food, is likely to have an unusable kitchen if active when the reset happens. This is why the Nerdists in LGU start in the middle of the night instead of in the morning like everyone else.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#28 Old 24th May 2018 at 11:57 AM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 24th May 2018 at 12:19 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
What happens if the dorm cook gets reset? Does she not just start cooking again?

The dorm cook will act like a guest if reset and eventually leave the dorm at some point, never to return. If I find that the cook has been reset (has menu options when clicked that a dorm cook shouldn't have), I have to use a teleporter to clear the cook off the dorm lot and then use the batbox to Nuke > Sim schedulers. The cook will then return and act normally, but it can take about a sim-hour half a sim hour (I just tested it) to come back to the dorm. This is annoying and it's much easier to just prevent the problem by saving the dorm lot when the cook is gone (midnight to 4 a.m.).

Note that a lot reset will do this to any service NPC who is on the lot when it's saved (maid, gardener, butler, etc.) In the case of these service NPCs, nuking the sim schedulers effectively fires them and you'll have to hire them all over again.

EDIT: I found a dorm in Testing Town that had been reset with a cook on the lot and took a screen shot of the menu. Note that you should NOT normally get the option to greet a dorm cook who's working properly.

EDIT again:
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
If food is out, including in preparation, when a neighborhood resets, it becomes spoiled and untouchable - the sim can't finish it, remove it from the stove, or throw it away.

Pescado made a mod called "dontshootfood" that deals with this quite well. It protects any food that's been left out from being "shot" by a lot reset. This mod seems to only be available in the Director's Cuts for OFB and later - it's not listed individually.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/index.php?dir=
Screenshots
Page 2 of 2