Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 7:47 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 6th Feb 2014 at 8:43 PM.
Default Hostage: a kinda twisted twist on the asylum challenge

My first challenge*squee* if I’ve made any giant cock ups or there is a duplicate of this exact thing somewhere set me straight, also feel free to make suggestions, ask any questions, tweak and post it again for your own preferences and of course post pictures /experiences in the thread .

(if you don’t want to read the story scroll down to the challenge sub-heading)

The gates open and with careful strides she steps into the open world: She, being a forty something psychopath just released from her 20 year sentence at SimCity asylum. Now 20 years with good doctors, psychiatrists and therapists can straighten some people out, but unfortunately for you lady X is not one of those few.

Lady X (her name concealed for security purposes) was sentenced to life in an asylum after police found 5 young men locked up in the attic of her home, the men oblivious to their treatment seemed to have been brainwashed into thinking the attic was the room; the only room, they could survive in and that somehow lady x was their saviour...

they of course where released and are now living quite normal lives under the witness protection program, unfortunately a whole new group of men have been captured and are now are the pawns in lady X’s sick little game, your job my friend is to help those men escape, help them while making sure you are not caught.

challenge

Goal

The goal of this challenge is to escape from the hidden room lady x has made your prison, sound simple? Well it isn’t unfortunately Lady X isn’t stupid and has chosen you poor guys knowing full well you are really rather dumb and of course rather gullible. Making escape a rather long progress with only a few options...

Ways to escape

you have two ways to escape; the sane persons way and the way for all you people who like impossible challanges.

1: (the easiest) you are not quite up to the task of escaping but you know with some hard studying on those all important logic and mechanical skills you can get there. To escape you must maximize both of these skills WHILE maintaining best friend relations with all 4 hostages(if one dies sucks for them but great for you :D) if you start your plan to escape (start studying) before you have made the other guys your bezzie mates, they will I am afraid tattle on you to the grand lady x and you will be executed. If you lose best friend status with a hostage sim the same applies (you fail). If you complete this task you win (go you!) and you can move out to live your lives.
(You are in control of two Sims lady x and one hostage)

2: (hard as hell) lady x has got a soft spot for flattery and in this challenge you can take advantage of that. For this challenge you can control all 6 Sims and your goal is to make lady x fall in love with every single hostage, without having anyone get caught cheating . If you manage this task lady x will hand herself in realising her mistake, leaving you guys with the money and the house, so this has the best outcome.

Basic Rules

1: You must make 6 sims in cas, one lady x (you can name her) with zero nice points and zero playful points(the rest are up to you) and an aspiration of your choice. You must also make five “hostages” (all adult males) you can choose to dice roll for their aspirations, or simply choose yourself, depending on your difficulty preferences. (Same with personality points)

2: You must build a house with a secret room of your size preferences (you can build walls for a bathroom inside this room but no other walls: no breaking up the space between TV’s and beds now no, no we can’t have that :D), entrance and exit to this room can only be made by lady x ( as I have apartment life I have made it with the secret bookcase but a door locked for only lady X’s use will do swimmingly) ooh and no windows please it is a secret room after all.

edit: walls/half walls/fences for decoration are fine as long as they dont partition areas

e.g

half walls behind counters= Good

one of those little fence's segregating the tv from the beds= Bad

3: money is of no problem for lady x motherlode as you like, when you like, and give lady X a grand palace if you so desire; money for your hostages however is rather scant, in the secret room you are permitted

1 toilet (only a cheap one)

1 shower (again only a cheap one this goes for every item)

1 sink

5 beds (max three energy)

1 table

5 seats (sofa, dining chairs make that up as you wish)

1 cooker OR microwave

1 fridge (lady X must refill this herself only by ordering groceries over the phone no fridge replacements here)

3 counters/islands

1 bookcase or mechanical building item

1 logic building item

1 fun item (i recommend things that wont wake up sims)

1 trash removal item and compost bin (trash can, garbage shoot, trash compacter etc) again unless you lucky enough you have the garbage shoot lady X must be used for emptying purposes. A great tip posted by Sidneydoj.

"If you have Seasons, putting a compost bin next to the trash can works nicely to avoid having someone take the trash out."

1 light for the main room and one for the bathroom

No aspiration rewards or objects which do something special (eg a sculpture that helps with motives or a bed with instant energy renewal)

You are allowed decorative items but remember the money-less business :P

lifetime rewards and secondary asp' are allowed

if your hostage sims paint or make novels etc any money they make can go into upgrading their furniture

4: rather obvious, but your hostages cannot leave the room without penalty of death (failure of challenge)

5: lady x is a recluse, scared of once again being caught, because of that no friends (outside the hostages) community lot visits, holidays, or jobs for her.

6: no dogs or cats but lady x, and the hostages can have as many womrats, fish or birds as they desire.

Gameplay rules

1: (ignore for challenge 2) You are in control of two Sims lady x and one hostage of your choosing no other Sims can be controlled and maxmotives carries a serious penalty.

2: You are fragile sims with fragile minds so if your aspiration reaches red, lady x’s mind control takes over making escape seem ridiculous until your back in green (basically no skill building or relationship building when in red asp)

3: when you reach elder age you cannot escape you are too weak and your mind is too far gone to contemplate leaving your prison, if you reach this stage you fail.

4: no hired help after all lady x is a recluse, also no greeting the welcome wagon, or walk by’s

5: if a sim dies you must place its urn in the secret room so no escaping the challenging part by killing off everyone, you have ghosts to deal with. :P

6: the challenge ends when you meet the requirements to escape, or your chosen hostage dies or fails in some way. After you have completed the challenge your Sims can do what they like.

7: if lady x dies you fail, you have no way to escape and remain locked in until your final days.
300 points for escaping using option 1

500 points for escaping using option 2

100 points if you never use a cheat (not including motherlode and snap obj etc)

100 points for every hostage to hostage romance you make again without getting caught (option 2) this is so high because uncontrolled Sims have a habit of romancing autonomously.

100 points for every sim saved from death

10 for every skill point other hostages receive

10 for every 1000 asp points other hostages receive

5 points for every 1000 asp points your chosen hostage receives

10 points for every skill point you receive which isn’t logic or mechanical (option 1)

-5 points for every day you spend imprisoned

-20 for every dead sim

-30 for every time you receive red aspiration

-50 for every psychiatrist visit

-50 for every maxmotives use

-50 for every testing cheats use, unless using to solve a glitch

-50 for every unsaved exit to stop bad happenings, again glitch fixes do not
apply

p.s feel free to have a mr x, female hostages etc i wrote it as one plot for ease of read

edit: for funs here are some pictures of ma hostage homes, a sweet little shack on the outside with a terrible, terrible secret within. I havn't put any secret room pics in cause dey is kinda boring but the pictures go
1.living room, 2.bedroom, 3.kitchen, 4."surveilance room", 5.entrance hall.
i as showed you mine so show me yurs :P
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 7:53 PM
this sound great!
i'm deff going to give this ago sometime soon! :D
btw, great idea for your first challenge, well done!

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Forum Resident
#3 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 8:10 PM
I agree, this is a really cool idea for a challenge! I'm not one for challenges but I may give this a go, the story behind it's really well thought out. :D
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 8:20 PM
Quote:

No aspiration rewards or objects which do something special (eg a sculpture that helps with motives or a bed with instant energy renewal)

Sorry lady X is a mean laydee she dosn't like the hostages having luxurys :P

thankyou for your complimets guys i'm glad you like it *hugs*
Forum Resident
#5 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 1:36 AM
So the "no aspiration rewards" rule include the five aspiration points that help each aspiration out like making friends easier or learning quicker as well as the objects like the thinking cap and energizer, right?

This is a great challenge idea. I will definitely have to try it both ways.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 2:18 AM
Oh, it's ON! Starting this right now.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 8:04 AM
My Lady X, putting the final touches on her secret attic dungeon. :P

http://www.modyourpanties.com/image...stagebefore.JPG
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 11:07 AM
omg i love that room (and lady X) Astillac very hospital styley tis awsome, Ciane i completley forgot about lifetime asp rewards they are allowed i shall add that to the rules.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 12:02 PM
This is an epic idea! I'm a little confused though do I control all hostages and Lady X or just one hostage and Lady X?
I'm doing challenge 1. Sorry if this is a stupid question, I may have missed something somewhere!
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 1:29 PM
for challenge 1 just one hostage (of your choice) and lady X, for challenge 2 you control everyone (or everyone exept lady X if you want an extra challenge)
Site Helper
#11 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 2:24 PM
Hey, this is a bit like something I was already doing with one of my vampires! (Until all his victims ended up pregnant, anyway. He was bringing townie women home with him, seducing them, and then they wake up in a locked room with a bed, trash can, compost bin, table, chair, and easel. As long as he wasn't angry with them he would deliver food.)

If you have Seasons, putting a compost bin next to the trash can works nicely to avoid having someone take the trash out.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Forum Resident
#12 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 3:54 PM
Oh okay, great. I'll go tweak those now.
Also, is a fire alarm NOT allowed for the stove in the secret room?

Here's the crew I made with the tombstone of life and death to keep them all totally random. I got four red heads and two family sims; but a fairly good mix other than that. One is even a knowledge sim if I wanted to do the first challenge. One is popularity and one romance. I am thinking of packaging them and trying it both ways, but I'll try the second challenge first.

I didn't take a picture of Cruella DeVille or her place yet.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 3:54 PM
Can Madam X allow each hostage out of the main hostage room, so they can "charm" her, or must this be done in the room, with all the other hostages?

The second part of the challenge seems really hard, I think I wil do the first part along with Ciane's Round Robin Challenge, which is great fun to do.

Thanks for the interesting challenge.
Original Poster
#14 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 4:08 PM
oh that's a great tip sidney thankyou

Quote: Originally posted by Ciane
Oh okay, great. I'll go tweak those now.
Also, is a fire alarm NOT allowed for the stove in the secret room?

see i don't know about this so it's up to you, i would say no, buuuut if your really struggling to keep your sims alive then get one (beware of secret bookcases not fireman friendly)

Quote:

Can Madam X allow each hostage out of the main hostage room, so they can "charm" her, or must this be done in the room, with all the other hostages?

this challenge must be done only in the secret room, it's seriously hard which is why its worth almost twice as many points compared to challenge one I completed it... just, but i may have made a couple of unsaved quits .

ooh ciane good idea it really frustrates me making all the sims in cas i hope to see more pictures :D
Forum Resident
#15 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 4:15 PM
Thanks for answering so quickly. I was thinking NOT too. I just thought I'd get it clarified right away as I haven't put in furniture yet. I made the house and people last night between thunderstorms and want to get as much playing in today as I can (if weather allows).

Thanks for the comment on the Round Robin challenge. I am glad you are enjoying that. I'll check back in to see if there are any new developments later.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 6:16 PM
Okay, back from running errands, now to moar challenge!

The first hour, everyone is pretty calm. Spawned our boys using the Tombstone. I'm controlling the first one down the list from Lady X, Mr Blue Shirt.
http://www.modyourpanties.com/image...-Screenshot.bmp

I did put in the sprinkler. I figured, if she wanted to keep them, she'd have to keep them from roasting themselves. But no alarms, because, who are they going to alert? They're SEKRIT.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 9:15 PM
Great idea on the sprinkler Astillac! I like the fact that you used the tombstone too.

Here's my Lady X, the random Sim generated by my CAS, that I altered by moving all nice and playful points to outgoing and active:

This is the house I built for her:

If you are curious, this is the layout:

I haven't really started yet. But I am doing the second challenge first, so I am controlling them all this time around. I made them all have a romance secondary aspiration, if it wasn't their aspiration already, and I used any extra points to just decrease their needs for fun, social, bladder, hunger, and energy. I did let my knowledge sim have the opportunity to learn faster and my popularity sim the chance to make friends faster, so we'll see how that plays out.
Original Poster
#18 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 9:51 PM
ooh i love your challenges astilac and ciane, ciane that house is awsome
Forum Resident
#19 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 1:19 AM
Thanks. I really like the way it turned out as well.

I made it through the first day. They watched a lot of the cooking channel together, ate sandwiches and jello, and even played a bit of chess. Some chef from Sue's kitchen came over four times, and everyone made friends with at least three of the others. My popularity sim is already friends with everyone. They have four to six skill points each, so it was a good first day. I am definitely finding this fun so far.

Here's just a random pic of them all watching t.v. together.

I'm looking forward to Astilac's update on how the first challenge is going.

So... I played another day. They watched some more t.v. together.

The last of them got a visit from the chef so everyone has membership now to Sue's kitchen.

And Todd, my romance sim, wanted to study lifetime happiness. So keeping him platinum longer will be nice.

At the end of the second day, they are all friends. They all have at least eight skill points and as many as ten.
Original Poster
#20 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 12:20 PM
wow your a quick worker ciane i cant belive how many skills points they have! that chefs a bad piece a work, finding five hostages and not doing a thing to help XD
Forum Resident
#21 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 1:43 PM
The chef probably didn't know they were locked in. He just picks the lock to get in and then he doesn't stick around long enough to talk to anyone you know. He must be a busy man, just delivering membership cards and returning as quickly as possible to his baking.

Also, it's fall right now, so that helps. They watch t.v. for a long time together because the only other fun thing is the chess set and I haven't had them play red hands with each other as their long-term friendship scores aren't that high yet. I figure by the time they max their cooking skills, they should be best friends and then the fun will really start. (Of course, if I were playing the first challenge, my guy wouldn't even be allowed to skill build yet as he's only friends with everyone, not best friends.)
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 6:53 PM
Saturday morning, and the boys are all best friends! It's time for skilling to start!
:D

http://www.modyourpanties.com/image...6-hostagebf.JPG

EDIT:
Also, just for flavor, here's Lady X's "real" house.
http://www.modyourpanties.com/image...-ladyxhouse.JPG
Forum Resident
#23 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 9:50 PM
Great job, Astillac! I do truly love that attic space.

My Sims are on Thursday morning and are at 100 with everyone on the daily status, but only around 30-45 on the long-term relationship. I think they may start making best friends later in the day.

Todd was the first to be visited by the gaming guy. They don't play chess that much, so who knows if they'll all get recognized or not.

Now they have between 10-13 skill points each. Some want to max their cuisine interest and are at 8 out of 10.

Cruella just may start flirting with the guys a bit.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 11:26 PM
oooh! this is so awesome! Can you have by-gender prisoners, as in a few guys and girls?
Forum Resident
#25 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 3:56 AM
Cruella and Todd have three bolts for each other. I am tempted to give up the challenge and let them play out a normal life together. They are both romance sims, so who knows what a normal life would be.

hmm...
Page 1 of 2