Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 2:39 PM Last edited by Sim Libby : 4th Feb 2021 at 9:27 PM. Reason: Replaced link to old website with new link
Default Resources all worlds: textures, heightmaps, DT, INI & colour ramps
Hi,

I have a Dutch website called SimsExpressie with, among other things, resources that I have extracted from EA worlds: textures (roads and terrain paint), height maps, INI files and colour ramps. These downloads are scattered around my site, with the appropriate Dutch tutorial. So I decided to bundle them in one place for those who might be interested in downloading them. The resources can be downloaded for free from my Box account. It's not necessary to register. I also included distant terrain: links to downloads when it needs to be downloaded, coordinates and previews.

I don't place pics of the resources in this topic, hope that's ok, because they are on my site and with the downloads. You can also find English tutorials and instructions on my site and all downloads have readme files so you know what to do (just in case you don't know that). The downloads and site are made suited for English and Dutch speaking players.

Hope you will enjoy them.

EDIT:
I just learned my free Box account, where I host all the CAW resources, has a bandwidth limit of 10 GB each month. When the limit is reached, you will not be able to download files. The download will appear to initiate, but will not complete. The bandwidth limit is reset on the first day of each month. Which means you should be able to download from my account again. Just try to download. When it's not possible, you know why. So please try again at the beginning of a new month.

EDIT II:
New link: SimsExpressie CAW Resources
Please also see my message #11 for important information about SimsExpressie CAW Resources.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim Libby
Hi,

I have a Dutch website called SimsExpressie with, among other things, resources that I have extracted from EA worlds: textures (roads and terrain paint), height maps, INI files and colour ramps. These downloads are scattered around my site, with the appropriate Dutch tutorial. So I decided to bundle them in one place for those who might be interested in downloading them. The resources can be downloaded for free from my Box account. It's not necessary to register. I also included distant terrain: links to downloads when it needs to be downloaded, coordinates and previews.

SimsExpressie CAW Resources

I don't place pics of the resources in this topic, hope that's ok, because they are on my site and with the downloads. You can also find English tutorials and instructions on my site and all downloads have readme files so you know what to do (just in case you don't know that). The downloads and site are made suited for English and Dutch speaking players.

Thanks! It was so nice to find everything well organized and labeled! Also, I know you already have done a ton of work making everything presentable (in two languages, no less!), but just thought I'd mention that you may want to add an English translation for the Distant Terrain names in CAW, since you kind of need to know that to search for it in the program. Not a big deal, though.

Again, thanks for the neat, orderly design of your site. Just very nice!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 1:44 PM
Thank you and you're very welcome.

The "problem" was, I didn't knew the English names because I have CAW installed in Dutch and I couldn't just translate the Dutch names because I couldn't check if they where the same as the English names or not. Yesterday I installed CAW in English: I had to re-install all my Sim stuff and some EP's (I don't have everything installed anymore because it's a little to much for my sweet computer) so I could install the Base Game in English so CAW would be in English too (only re-install CAW didn't work because it gets installed in the Base Game language and I wasn't comfortable to try to change the language settings in the registry).

So, I have all the English names on my site. Most names turned out to be the same as the Dutch names but there are small differences. I also discovered I had the wrong DT preview of Appaloosa Plains so I corrected it. I wouldn't have noticed that if I hadn't re-installed.
Test Subject
#4 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 3:50 PM
Thank you. This was amazing resource.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Mar 2015 at 11:55 PM
You're welcome.

There was an MTS attention notification: "This thread has not had a reply for 4 months".
So I just want to say that I frequently take a look at this thread, just in case there are questions or something like that.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim Libby
Hi,

I have a Dutch website (---)

And that I did. Thank you very much.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 10:32 PM
^ Cool. That makes me smile.
Test Subject
#8 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 1:14 PM
Great! Wow!

Just all I`ve been looking for! Really!
Read Me-s, sorted.....

Big hug!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 9:00 PM
Yesterday I could use a hug so thank you for that.

And you're very welcome. Enjoy!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th May 2016 at 5:27 PM
Just a quick note.

I just learned my free Box account, where I host all the CAW resources, has a bandwidth limit of 10 GB each month. When the limit is reached, you will not be able to download files. The download will appear to initiate, but will not complete. The bandwidth limit is reset on the first day of each month. Which means you should be able to download from my account again. Just try to download. When it's not possible, you know why. So please try again at the beginning of a new month.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 10:30 PM Last edited by Sim Libby : 1st Aug 2020 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Decided on a date
New link to CAW Resources
Hi guys,

After almost 7 years (in 2016) I decided to stop with SimsExpressie. Two years later (in 2020) I decided to take my websites offline.
Some simmers talk about how life got in the way of The Sims. For me it always very much felt the other way around: The Sims got in the way of my life.
When I stopped with my websites, back in 2016, I was not ready to let it go (that's why I kept them online). Now I am.
Therefore I'm going to take SimsExpressie and SimsExpressie CAW Resources offline.
I have not yet a precise date, I'm in the midst of wrapping things up, but it will be soon. EDIT: It will be August 24th 2020.

However, I will keep the CAW Resources available in my Box account for anyone to be downloaded:

SimsExpressie CAW Resources

If you encounter somebody who can't find SimsExpressie CAW Resources anymore, please inform them about this message and the new link. Thank you.

Take care!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 10:47 PM
Damn. Didn't know there were any Dutch-language Sims websites other than Penguintech.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
#13 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 5:28 AM
Do the Oasis Landing INI files also have the INI files for Dystopian Oasis Landing?

I need the dirtied up sky and water.