Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 10:02 PM Last edited by tiggerypum : 19th May 2007 at 8:02 PM.
Default Tutorial: Assigning Swimwear, Formal and Workout Outfits To Toddlers (works for all ages)
Edit by Tiggerypum: Added Outerwear code

Requirements

Body Shop
SimPe
Change Clothes OFB
Hacked Dresser

Step One

Load Body Shop.

Step Two

Click on create parts.

Step Three

Click on start new project.

Step Four

Click on create clothing. Select toddler male and highlight the Baby Blue Tuxedo

Step Five

Click on export selected textures.

Step Six

Give your project a name. I used PTS_(my site identifier please do not use)BBTuxFIXED. You can use whatever you want.

Step Seven

Enter a name for the tool tip. I used Baby Blue Tux *FIXED*

Step Eight

Import back into the game.

Step Nine

Close Body Shop. We won't be needing it anymore.

Step Ten

Open SimPe.

Step Eleven

Open your newly cloned package located in My Documents/Ea Games/The Sims2/Saved Sims. You can right click and select arrange by modified to find it easily. It should be the last one on your list if you do it once, first on the list if you do it twice.

Step Twelve

Select the property set (GZPS) and located the line "flags" located below species normally. Change the value to 0x00000010.

Step Thirteen

Locate the line "category" and change the value to 0x0000027F. This will place the tux in all categories. The others are as follows...

Everyday 0x00000007
Formal 0x00000020
Undies 0x00000040
PJ 0x00000010
Swim 0x00000008
Workout 0x00000200
Outerwear 0x00001000

If you only want it as just formal than use the formal code and not 0x0000027F. I've read the way to do multiple ones is to add the numbers together but I haven't really tried it. Example Undies 0x00000040 + Swim 0x00000008 = 0x00000048. Like I said I never tried it so I'm not 100% certain. But Everyday 0x00000007 + Formal 0x00000020 + Undies 0x00000040 + PJ 0x00000010 + Swim 0x00000008 + Workout 0x00000200 = 0x0000027F when added using a hexidecimal calculator. There's one included with Windows that can add hexidecimal when set to scientific mode and then hex. Once you're done here commit and save.

Added Info

From the property set you can also change other things and here's the information for that.

The age controls the age the clothing will be used on. I wouldn't recommend trying this on anything other than adults and young adults as it can have some weird effects but here are the codes for that.

Adult: 0x00000008
Young adult: 0x00000040
Teen: 0x00000004
Child: 0x00000002
Toddler: 0x00000001
Elder: 0x00000010

So Adult: 0x00000008 + Young adult: 0x00000040 = 0x00000048

The gender line controls, well the gender. This can make a specific clothing item work for either or both genders. This works best on toddlers and children since their bodies are the same. Older than that you could have some weird things like you males having breasts, females having penises, etc. If you're interested in that type of thing this might come in handy. The codes are...

Female: 0x00000001
Male: 0x00000002

What's 0x00000001 + 0x00000002 boys and girls? 0x00000003 is the code for both genders.

Step Fourteen

Close SimPE and go to test in the game they will not show up in Body Shop. Go on a shopping trip or create a new toddler and your clothing should appear in the proper category.

Closing

You can assign the clothing to newly created Sims as you would any other piece of clothing in CAS. For sims you've already created you need hacked dresser linked to above in order to use the plan outfit option for toddlers. Please note that when using the plan outfit option on the dresser you must have more than one item of that type in your dresser. So if you want to change swimsuits you need to buy two of them, two formal, two work out, etc.

These have no real practical use in the game but they make nice little bits for stories and such instead of having to have swimwear and formal as everyday attire. You can use the change clothes hack linked to above to change the toddler into which ever piece of clothing you wish them to wear. You can also access the change clothes option without the hack by typing boolprop testingcheatsenabled true and shift clicking on your toddler and selecting change clothes. This is availible for all versions of the game while the hack I can only guarantee works with all expansions installed.

I hope this has been somewhat helpful for those of you wishing to have your items categorized properly and usable in game. This tutorial was written with the complete modding dullard in mind (hence why it took one to write it), so hopefully it's pretty easy to follow. Please feel free to pm me if you have any questions or troubles with this tutorial.

Added note by Tiggerypum:
This is also very useful when you have an already finished bodyshop recolor and realize the categories are not what you'd like - you can just go in and change it without making a new recolor.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 1:36 AM
Very useful, thanks.

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
Test Subject
#3 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 5:17 PM
So for Season to add it to all categories instead of 27F it's 127F right?
Plus all the zeros and stuff
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th May 2007 at 5:06 PM
Sorry, for my lack of reply jedi_knight I somehow became unsubscribed from this topic and didn't realize anyone had posted.

Yes, 0x0000127F would be the correct number for Seasons.

Thanks Tiggerypum for editing in the outwear code.

Thank for the comment roxxy. After a year of no replies I was beginning to wonder if anyone but myself found this information useful
Forum Resident
#5 Old 11th May 2007 at 7:14 PM
Oh yes this is useful!

thank you. I'm bookmarking this.

I was wondering what told the game where a texture should be applied. Clearly it is not the "flag" info.

Like Pitch Black and CoR?
Visit GM_Andy's. My Home on the Web! My Sims2 stuff and files I'm caretaker of can be found here

Need a way to open that .rar file? Use the Sims2 File Maid.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#6 Old 19th May 2007 at 8:00 PM
Thomas, when I'm having a braindead moment (I don't keep all these things memorized) I come back here to double check the codes. It's very useful

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#7 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 5:45 AM
Step Ten

Open SimPe.

I must be having a blonde moment, because...what's SimPe? Is that the expansion pack you use to play? Is it the base game? As I said, having a blonde moment.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 10:31 PM
SimPE is the package editing tool you'll need to actually do this tutorial. you can download it at http://sims.ambertation.de/

Like Pitch Black and CoR?
Visit GM_Andy's. My Home on the Web! My Sims2 stuff and files I'm caretaker of can be found here

Need a way to open that .rar file? Use the Sims2 File Maid.
Test Subject
#9 Old 18th Nov 2007 at 5:43 PM
Ooh, I like this! Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#10 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 4:55 AM
thank you !
Test Subject
#11 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 8:55 PM
Hi!
Today at least I could put my recolors for children in the athletic category!
And it was my first time modding with SimPE ^^
I'm very happy!! :D
thank very much for the tutorial!
Test Subject
#12 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 11:29 AM
Thanks for this. I mesh, and I needed the info for categories and ages. Much appreciated!
Test Subject
#13 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 3:20 AM

Thank for this~!~

But if you can show the pictues for this ,will more usuful~~

because I only know a little English
Test Subject
#14 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 11:15 AM
Thank you very much!
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 12:39 AM
I can not understand The step N 12. IT is about changing the value to 0x00000010. Somebody can tell more about it ? IT is always nessesary? Why?
ЗЫ Thanks for tutorial it is really usefull.
Test Subject
#16 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 8:36 PM
Thank you!!!!! Very helpful.
Test Subject
#17 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 5:39 AM
Does anyone know odf an alternate place to d/l Change Clothes OFB? The site is till down.
Test Subject
#18 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 5:18 AM
ok when i export then import theres now 2 of the same clothes in one catagory can i delete it or will they all disappear?
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 7:31 AM
OMFG THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU XD
I found another tutorial but it was too confusing. This made it nice and simple and I was able to change an outfit to all the catagories that I needed for all the catagories XD
Test Subject
#20 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 2:55 AM Last edited by PhoenixDiv2 : 10th Jan 2010 at 9:23 AM.
uhhh i cant find the stuuff u said and its kinda complicating,i opened it up and i dont understand it at all,plssss reply
Test Subject
#21 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 12:17 AM
i dont get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#22 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 1:17 AM
Patience candycane911, and please don't double post. If someone can help they will post. And chances are it will take longer than 2 minutes!

If you really want help you need to be much more specific about what your confused with. Mind readers we are not.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 1:09 AM
At this point it's probably just as easy to use Jfade's Wardrobe Wrangler to do this. It's much easier to use and a much faster process.

The change clothes mod is most likely gone for good. I made it so long ago that the only version I still have is the Apartment Life version which will most likely not work with earlier expansion packs and I wouldn't recommend it anyways since it'd probably add a bunch of useless pie menus if it doesn't just cause the game to crash outright.
Test Subject
#24 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 4:02 AM
Oh wowww!!! Thanks a lot, it has been very useful.. I can use it, and, wow, it's just awesome.
Test Subject
#25 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 2:48 PM
Hurrah! Finally a tutorial on this! Not that I don't love Paenoh and her clothing migration, but I don't agree with her on everything and it will be great to be able to do this myself. Many thanks!!!
Page 1 of 2