Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 3:07 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Why does this happen occasionally? (Certain walls/floors not showing up)
Hi,

I've got a question, not a particularly urgent one, just something that annoys me which I'm curious about.

Very rarely, but still every now and then, certain floors or walls I downloaded absolutely refuse to show up in game, no matter what I do. All other CC will be there, just a specific wall or floor I downloaded aren't anywhere to be found, even if I take everything else out, etc.

As an example, I recently downloaded these prison height chart walls by @fanseelamb http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=72986
They do not show up in my game. I checked the comments for this download and at least two or three other people also comment that they're not showing up in their game.
But they seem to work for everyone else?
So what gives? Why do these walls not show up for me and the couple of people in the comments there, but do work for everyone else?

(Those fanseelamb walls are just an example, it has happened to me before with some other walls/floors as well, although not very often thankfully.)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 5:55 AM
Have you observed that the files in the rar-file are Sims2pack-archives which you have to unpack to get your walls show up ingame. Use Sims2Pack Clean Installer to unpack Sims2Pack-files http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=409950 .
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 2:17 PM
Also, if you have a Mac, you need to use walls which have specifically been made to be Mac-compatible.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.