Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#176 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 3:03 PM
Just wanted to say I'm looking forward to the new version as well. Hate I missed the beta testing sign up.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#177 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 11:21 PM
Still beta testing, send an email to me at [email protected] with Sim Tracker in the subject, and I'll send you a link to the beta version.

It gets updated often, so if you have the beta version be sure to use the update check in the help menu.

And yes, the new version has an import function "File > Import" that has been thoroughly tested, and finally seems to be working right.

It's your life, live it your way!
Want to see what else I make, go to www.rlm-soft.com and check it out.
Find out what's happening with Sim Tracker
---
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#178 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 9:56 PM
Sim Tracker has a redesigned interface to allow for smaller screens.
I also plan to make a touch version for tablets.

---
Test Subject
#179 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 11:44 PM
By import, do you mean import datas from the game?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#180 Old 16th Jul 2013 at 1:52 PM
At present, it only imports data from the old version of Sim Tracker. I hope, eventually, it will be able to import information from the game, even if I have to let someone else add the feature.

---
Test Subject
#181 Old 17th Jul 2013 at 9:59 PM
Well, I may have something that could help, one of my explore test program exports a lot of datas from game hoods, it produce an xml output and a directory tree for image extraction (sims and lot pictures like SimPE does + an option to export some icons from games resources itself). Currently it's not very usable except for me (lots of settings are hardcoded, and building the tool is quite hard, and some bugs have to be fixed too). If you are interested to see what it can do, I can civilize it, and give you an experimental copy.
Test Subject
#182 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 9:33 PM
I've started the "civilizing" procédure, things are going well, except for game localization. If you're interested to help and that your game is not running with french settings under a Windows 7 64 bits operating system, you can help me to detect accuratly game installation language.
Inventor
#183 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 1:49 AM
@int21h: I've got US English settings under Windows 7 64 bit OS. If I can help let me know what you need me to tell you. Having an import from game feature would be awesome. ~VP

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Test Subject
#184 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 5:21 AM
I just need Locale and Language values stored in registry under the key:
HKEY_LOCALE_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA GAMES\{The most recent Sim2 EP/SP for example: The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff}\

In facts, all EP/Sp have these values and they should all be the same. I need them to deduce the language code used by the game to display localized strings like hood names, sims/families/lots names, sims memories decoding, inventory objects, career datas... I guess yours are "en_en" for Locale and "English" for Language, if you can confirm that would be great
Lab Assistant
#185 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 5:14 AM
I've been Beta testing this for a little while and have A LOT of feedback.

Just take each day 24 minutes at a time... Unless you hit pause, then you could be there for hours!

Sims 2 Pinterest Profile: https://www.pinterest.com/tullulabell1894/
In the process of moving all Sims 2 pins from my personal Pinterest
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#186 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 9:00 PM
Tulluabell, email it to me any time [email protected], be sure to put Sim Tracker in the subject (Also make sure you have the latest version 1054a).

int21h & Violet, Once I get the basic program up and running, then I will start looking into adding game file import.

One thing I need to know, is where to find the source code for SIMPE, I can't seem to find it.

int21h, I'd love to see that program.

Sorry it took me so long to respond, I have been working on ST2 a lot lately.

---
Inventor
#187 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 3:13 AM
@int21h: After trying to remember just how to view the registry keys (I've done it a bunch before and was totally blanking on how to find the darn things) and finally finding it on Wikipedia, here's the info you asked for. Language in indeed "English" Locale is "en_us" Again I'm playing with US English settings. ~VP

Test Subject
#188 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 2:29 PM
I didn't forget about my exporter, it just take more time than I expected. I'm currently fixing memory issues, and working on ways to reduce memory footprint, in order to allow the exporter to run with the game itself (My idea is, you save your game, switch to exporter, export what you want and switch back to the game and continue playing). Currently, custom content handling takes too much memory to play in good conditions. I've already a solution that seems to work, but nasty bugs to fix in it...
Test Subject
#189 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 11:24 AM
I have two suggestions:
- the possibility to choose "custom" in the career field
- the possibility to remove a sim from any career (or an "unemployed" option)
Field Researcher
#190 Old 20th Mar 2014 at 10:20 AM Last edited by delonariel : 21st Mar 2014 at 9:53 PM.
What a great program, thank you so much for all the time you've put into making this accessible for all of us.

I do have one suggestion though, could it be possible to add more relationship options to the social tab or some kind of system for remote family members? Something to keep tabs on cousins and in-laws and step-children, etc.

Edit: I'm also having a problem with siblings and half-siblings not showing up properly. Does anyone know if there's a way around that?

~~like a dirty dog
Test Subject
#191 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 8:49 PM
I have a question about Sim Tracker. I searched the download comments but couldn't find my answer there or in the Help part of the program. If I advance the calendar, does that advance for all households or just the one you select? Thanks for any help.
Inventor
#192 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by justwright62
I have a question about Sim Tracker. I searched the download comments but couldn't find my answer there or in the Help part of the program. If I advance the calendar, does that advance for all households or just the one you select? Thanks for any help.
Just the one household. I wish it did all of them, then I could do my entire neighborhood at once.

Instructor
#193 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 10:02 AM
Does anyone know the latest update to this?

When will the Sim Tracker be ready?

Thanks.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#194 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 9:45 PM
Sorry, I've been very ill for a while, and not been able to work on this project. I am going to post the source code in case someone wants to try to work on it.

---
Lab Assistant
#195 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 6:04 AM
Sorry that you have been ill. I know that you have been having a tough time. Hopefully you are keeping strong.

If I knew how to program, I would love to view the source code and try to work on it. As is the case, I don't really have a whole lot of knowledge in programming except for a few tweaking here and there. I must say that I have enjoyed using Sim Tracker 2 even with its bugs.
Inventor
#196 Old 30th Sep 2015 at 3:31 AM
I have very slight knowledge in programming (took a class in high school, but didn't have the elective space open the next year to continue), but I'd love to see the source code and see if it's anything i can understand. And if I don't it'll give me something new to learn.

Lab Assistant
#197 Old 16th Dec 2015 at 4:26 AM
Could we possibly use this program for ts3 or 4, since we do have the option to delete stuff?

What is a beginner to do? My Website My TOT My Forum My website
Inventor
#198 Old 17th Dec 2015 at 6:21 AM
@bnymph I'm sure you could use it for sims 3 and 4, it just wont be able to track anything that was introduced in 3 or 4, except in notes you make yourself. ~VP

Test Subject
#199 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 11:17 AM
Literally just discovered this - strange even for an out-of-the-loop lurker - and now I wish I'd known about it way earlier. (Would have come in handy trying to run a Prosperity Challenge). However, from now on it will be at least as useful to me as SimPE is. This is the best thing I've discovered during the hunt for supplements, so thank you! :lovestruc
On a different note, I was sorry to see you've had health issues, and I do hope you're feeling better.
Test Subject
#200 Old 8th May 2016 at 6:35 AM
This is an awesome program. I would have loved to see SimTracker 2.0. I am have been working on a similar project for Sims 3 that is in the rough beginning stages. I decided to make it a desktop application with a focus on tracking sims, but also tracking challenge progress and addition of new challenges with tracking statistics. If this is something the community is still interested in then let me know and I will look at posting it here. I will also need beta testers for working out bugs and issues. I would also consider making it an open source GitHub project if other developers are interested.
Page 8 of 9