Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#10976 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 5:04 AM
I found a great TS3 building tip in the TS4 discussion forum:
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
While I can't say that I played WA that much, I got a LOT of use out of the hidden room marker in my builds. It was great for creating recesses behind fireplaces and having the walls stay up around them. It brought quite a lot of good building mechanics with it. The trigger system was great too although I never got that involved with using that.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#10977 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 2:45 PM
It's nice to know something I said has been of use to someone. If you are the type of player that likes to construct your own 1x1 "columns" it works well for those as well.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Instructor
#10978 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
I found a great TS3 building tip in the TS4 discussion forum:

Would that be the 'Tomb Room' markers?
Lab Assistant
#10979 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Poisi
Would that be the 'Tomb Room' markers?

Nope, they are actually called 'Hidden Room Markers' and are base game rather than WA :D

I discovered the joys of CFE :D

omnis mundi creatura
Instructor
#10980 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 10:09 PM
That's why I asked, since the 'Hidden Room' aren't WA and I'm pretty sure the walls still go down with them, at least in my game? But I've seen the Tomb Room ones used in the same way to black out rooms, though I've never noticed the walls' behaviour with them.
Scholar
#10981 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 11:22 PM
You can CAST handrails and staircases! I had no idea.
Scholar
#10982 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 3:50 AM
I discovered that even though it's been YEARS since I made the switch from TS2 to TS3, I still get confused over which CC belongs to which game, and keep looking for TS2 items in the TS3 catalogue.

Today's culprit: Ambular's Dummy Doors . On the plus side, I at least remembered that she was the same person who made that bedroom set I was obsessed with, which helped me track them down quicker and made it possible for me to link to them in my WCIF for something similar for TS3!

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#10983 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 9:42 PM Last edited by Don Babilon : 11th Feb 2018 at 11:58 PM.
Today I discovered two oddities with regard to University Life features.

I always thought that the skill bar appearing while performing an ink blot test would raise my Sims' science skill, as it is that skill that unlocks the interaction in the first place; well, my Sim just earned his first charisma skill point

The nerd group is supposed to unlock the ability to play games online on a game console after reaching level 2. But my Sim can already play online at level 1; but what makes this odd is that as soon as he loses all nerd levels he loses that perk even after he had it permanently unlocked at level 2. Social group perks usually stay with a Sim even after they lose all affiliation with a group - something I discovered to my dismay some years ago when, after removing all jock levels they had, my Sims continued to practice those stupid school cheers that I foolishly allowed them to learn.

Ah yes, and I almost forgot my third discovery: I've been observing and suspecting this for a while and now I'm pretty sure that Sims with certain traits will qualify for the benefits of the charisma skill challenges without a single point in that skill. My current Sim, who is a Hopeless Romantic, now receives a relationship value boost of 25 points on meeting someone for the first time and jumps from Friends to Best Friends in an instant as if he had completed both the Celebrity and the Everybody's Best Friend challenges in charisma even though he has no skill points in that skill.
I've had other Hopeless Romantics with that perk as well as Flirty Sims and they always seem to behave that way; but as far as I remember and funnily enough, Charismatic Sims don't do that.
Instructor
#10984 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 8:45 AM
Quote:
What did you discover today while playing TS3?

I don't know if I should put it here or there in the debate room.

But I think I just discovered that TS3 is actually telling the truth, that the earth is not round like a globe, it's more like a flat or hilly surface but not round like the globe
Inventor
#10985 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 2:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
I don't know if I should put it here or there in the debate room.

But I think I just discovered that TS3 is actually telling the truth, that the earth is not round like a globe, it's more like a flat or hilly surface but not round like the globe

Lies! This is the true shape!
Test Subject
#10986 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 4:49 PM
I discovered in my never ending quest to fill my world with townies and playable families I can create a household with only a teen sim, no adult needed. Not sure if it's the mods I have installed, but it sure helped adding a teen sibling to an existing household that now needs furniture. Let's see how long that takes me to finish.
Instructor
#10987 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chokolady
Lies! This is the true shape!

nah.. you can't go out of space and take the camera and make that picture in TS3, this is as far as we can go even in TS3

look at the horizon, it's flat!!
Scholar
#10988 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 4:27 AM
Kama Simtra shows up in the "Tutor" menu for your highly skilled logicians. So many questions...
Mad Poster
#10989 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 5:37 AM Last edited by igazor : 13th Feb 2018 at 8:27 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
Kama Simtra shows up in the "Tutor" menu for your highly skilled logicians. So many questions...

Sure, as long as the logician sim has a higher KS skill than the target. Have to admit that I usually feel less than comfortable instructing parents to tutor their (old enough to be appropriate) kids on that subject, but uncles and aunts, cousins, siblings-in-law, etc. I have a bit less of a problem with. They have to learn it somewhere, it's not a subject taught in the public schools, so better from a trusted source than out on the streets.
Field Researcher
#10990 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Sure, as long as the logician sim has a higher KS skill than the target. Have to admit that I usually feel less than comfortable instructing parents to tutor their (old enough to be appropriate) kids on that subject, but uncles and aunts, cousins, siblings-in-law, etc. I have a bit less of a problem with. They have to learn it somewhere, it's not a subject taught in the public schools, so better from a trusted source than out on the streets.

I am forever grateful that I am from the country where we have a great free education system that also covers this subject. Rather hear it from my teacher than my relative.
Site Helper
#10991 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 1:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor

Your parents never had the "Birds and the bees" talk with you?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#10992 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 1:34 PM Last edited by igazor : 13th Feb 2018 at 2:58 PM.
At the risk of taking all of this a little more seriously than it was intended, I think there may be something of a disconnect here. KamaSimtra is all about how to please your partner. It is a custom skill provided by the mod's add-on, the high levels for which more typically than tutoring come with experience and will make a sim more attractive to those with whom they would like to be romantic (among other things probably best discussed elsewhere such as at NRaas). It's not about birds, bees, or any other form of biology or that which should be and is taught in health classes in I hope at least most countries. In the case of sims, they do manage to fumble their way through and figure out how to "do it" on some base level and/or reproduce with or without the skill, often whether we want them to or not.

Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Your parents never had the "Birds and the bees" talk with you?

Now we're getting a bit personal. But the answer is yes, they seemed a little disgusted at first but soon got over it, and were very grateful for all that I had to teach them at the time.
Scholar
#10993 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 6:19 PM
Kama Simtra also shows up as a subject to lecture about on the podium. Now I really want my sim to lecture others in the coffee shop about kama simtra like someone's pervy uncle.
Lab Assistant
#10994 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 7:39 PM
Today I discovered that the toys from the inventing table can actually be placed inside toyboxes. Toddlers will autonomously retrieve them like any other toy, play with them or make them disappear with wicked witchy witchcraft Also, the robot toy still wiggles while being held. Yeah, how did I only find this out today? ^^;

omnis mundi creatura
Scholar
#10995 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 6:56 PM Last edited by Elynda : 26th Feb 2018 at 3:22 AM.
Discovered today that my hydrophobic student won't attend class activities, which are of course outdoors, when it is raining. At least that's what appeared to be the problem, since I cheated a quick change in the weather and she attended, albeit late. Luckily she didn't suffer too much of a hit to her performance which was already high.

EDIT. Whoops sorry! I was wrong. It was a 'no idles' mod that I was using that conflicted with the umbrellas. Nothing to do with her being hydrophobic.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Scholar
#10996 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 9:43 PM
I usually use the time machine when making babies because, well, I hate raising babies. After many babies made I learned apparently you can have twins pop out. Well SURPRISE!

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Scholar
#10997 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 11:31 PM
I discovered that some dogs have a habit of running off when there's thunder. x( This is the second time she has run all the way to literally the end of the world, only stopping when she was hours away from death. In TS2, I've had cats run away because of fires a couple of times, but this dog took off both times just because the clouds went boom.
Scholar
#10998 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 8:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
Discovered today that my hydrophobic student won't attend class activities, which are of course outdoors, when it is raining. At least that's what appeared to be the problem, since I cheated a quick change in the weather and she attended, albeit late. Luckily she didn't suffer too much of a hit to her performance which was already high.

EDIT. Whoops sorry! I was wrong. It was a 'no idles' mod that I was using that conflicted with the umbrellas. Nothing to do with her being hydrophobic.

Just to be clear about that: it was this mod:http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=444943. I was using the 'no all idles' version, which includes 'no martial arts idles', the latter being what conflicts with the umbrellas. Whenever it was raining sims all over town were standing by the roadside repeatedly trying to use umbrellas, which would immediately vanish.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Scholar
#10999 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TigerAnne
I discovered that some dogs have a habit of running off when there's thunder. x( This is the second time she has run all the way to literally the end of the world, only stopping when she was hours away from death. In TS2, I've had cats run away because of fires a couple of times, but this dog took off both times just because the clouds went boom.

I hate "startle" you can't X out of it either. Have you tried putting the dog beds in the basement or second floor? If there's a staircase it seems to slow them down. If they're outside when it happens, then they run off to the ends of the earth.
Top Secret Researcher
#11000 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 2:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrowningFishy
I usually use the time machine when making babies because, well, I hate raising babies. After many babies made I learned apparently you can have twins pop out. Well SURPRISE!

What's bad is when you lose track of time... I forget how long it takes before you get a "Elder baby" from the future coming back... Sometimes I keep trying and then old guys start popping out of the time machine and suddenly I'm playing an old folks home.

Sims are better than us.
Page 440 of 490