Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#676 Old 8th Dec 2023 at 8:20 PM
I did the things mentioned last time and wrote a pretty good motivation letter. Obviously got the generic we've decided to move forwards with applications that fit more closely with our needs. First of all, we all know that's a lie. Matching 100% is a big no no because that's basically being immediately "overqualified" (I was like 75% there). Second of all, those few things I wasn't qualified for? They're company specific, so like an outsider wouldn't know those things. And lastly, everyone knows they're gonna pick the internal candidate You know, unless its not just an eternally open position on their website because that's a thing they'd totally do.

I swear I roll my eyes so often its a wonder they're still in my head!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#677 Old 8th Dec 2023 at 9:14 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 9th Dec 2023 at 12:28 AM.
Backuping mom's phone pictures, and then making christmas cards with mom. Took 2+ hours. It's a bit like dragging my brain backwards through a very long stretch of barbed wire fencing, because she barely knows what we're doing, and still needs to discuss every single picture and every single tiny thing at least 10 times (Eventually I had to make a few executive decisions - deciding on a base design and moving stuff around, then wait for a final approval - or we'd probably not be done until sometime after New Year)

Good thing it's a year until next time...

(But she did bake buns this morning, which were really yummy, so the day wasn't too bad, I guess).
Mad Poster
#678 Old 10th Dec 2023 at 11:27 AM
The dogs been struggling with incontinence lately. He's 13 and been showing a few signs of dementia so we really need to get him to the vet for a proper examination. Yesterday I came home from work and the entry way stinks of fishy stale urine. Husband claims the dog hasn't peed anywhere today so I'm thinking maybe he (the dog, not the husband) peed a few days before but got confused and licked it up before we got home because we were out all day Thursday and it's only just started to smell now? Either way, I spent today scrubbing the floors in the hallway and entry way, and then just to be sure I scrubbed the livingroom and the kitchen (especially near the back door, because he goes out to pee, pees all over his feet and then walks back into the house!). I've managed to do all this while my newly-2 year old screeched because he wants to be on me 24/7 and my 4 year old continuously asked for snacks. Today has already been a long day and I've only been up 3 hours.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#679 Old 14th Dec 2023 at 5:45 AM
I had gotten scared when the side effects of the COVID shot included vomiting (I have emetophobia, a fear of vomiting, which my parents are NEVER sympathetic about.)

So I had them test me to check if I caught COVID. I also didn't get my pneumonia shot.

As far as things went...this month was ad hoc. What was supposed to be refunded on the 11th, I ended up in limbo waiting for money that should have been refunded ASAP.

I am going to die. I don't have any presents for my parents, I lost my job because of an injury and now only have 3¢ to my name. My parents are going to call me a jerk and kill me for not following through.

At least I feel like it's the same feeling I had as a child when "kill" was not so literal and meant harsh, Old Testament style punishment where consequences outweighed the crimes

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
#680 Old 16th Dec 2023 at 3:53 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 16th Dec 2023 at 4:24 PM.
Technically not ruined my day, but the package delivery services don't seem to agree on where it would be convenient for me to pick up packages. They also very much like to make it into a mystery tour every time.

The past few times I've had them delivered to my mailbox (which is fine when they're small enough to fit... which isn't always possible), plus at least 3-4 different places all over town (and they get more creative every time).

One I didn't even know had a pickup place - today's adventure (usually would need to take a bus - and on a Saturday, so there are fewer buses. Luckily I found someone who could drive me, since the weather was quite awful...)

One of them in walking distance (but heavy, in a lot of snow, pitch darkness, and I had to download an figure out how to use an app with frozen fingers to get it out of a package box outside) - last year. Didn't even know there was a pickup place there, so I think I spent a good half hour in the freezing cold just searching around. Wouldn't really have minded having it delivered there this time (no snow and warmer weather this time around).

A few at a pickup place about the furthest you can get from my home (need to take a bus). They tend to end up there from time to time.

They rarely if ever deliver to my door any longer, which is a bit annoying. They used to, at least sometimes.
Test Subject
#681 Old 16th Dec 2023 at 10:54 PM
Well, it's not really an issue of one day, but a few days ago weird mold have started to appear on the walls and ceilings of my house. It's impossible to clean with basically anything and it reproduces, so it's annoying. I guess this is the price to pay if you live in a very humid area.
Mad Poster
#682 Old 18th Dec 2023 at 5:43 PM
Barely slept the previous night (woke up from some stupid dream after a couple or so hours, and couldn't get back to sleep), and didn't get a lot of sleep last night either (I probably WOULD have slept more, but had to get up way too early), so I've been in zombie mode all day at work... Probably will fall asleep several times the rest of the evening...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#683 Old 18th Dec 2023 at 6:58 PM
Well, my father's car battery died on us in the driveway as we were starting up, so collecting my gift from United Way had to be rescheduled 23 hours from the original appointment.

The mechanic warned us that the battery was on its last legs, but it was just our luck to end up staying home and rescheduling the appointment so my father can get the battery changed in time for tomorrow morning.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Mad Poster
#684 Old 20th Dec 2023 at 7:43 PM
Leaving my laptop for a short time just to get some food and such, having nothing running except an empty browser tab.
Coming back and seeing the screen black, saying "reboot or put in a booting thingy then hit a key".

I have ABSOLUTELY no idea what happened

But rebooting worked, the laptop seems fine, no other notices. Nothing weird going on.
I guess it's time for a full backup again...

(I've had it do the "crash/black screen-reboot" thing on random occasions, and a couple were scarier, since it seemed like some Windows files were broken and needed auto-fixing, but it's been a good long while since the last time. I think the last was in the middle of when I had issues with some Windows updates).
Scholar
#685 Old 20th Dec 2023 at 9:58 PM
The office was freezing all afternoon even with the thermostat turned on to maximum and me wearing my layers and fingerless gloves. Was really wondering if the heating had gone on holiday like half the office
By time time I left, standing outside in the wind felt more or less the same as being at my desk.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#686 Old 23rd Dec 2023 at 3:45 AM
Still having pain when I walk and put weight on my sprained left ankle.

It's not really fun to spend the holidays with such injury. 🤕

Mad Poster
#687 Old 23rd Dec 2023 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
Still having pain when I walk and put weight on my sprained left ankle.

It's not really fun to spend the holidays with such injury. 🤕
OMG - I did the same thing!!!! Actually, mine is a reinjury that happened just days after graduating PT from an ankle and back injury from last year. Good grief! Hope yours heals quickly.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#688 Old 23rd Dec 2023 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
OMG - I did the same thing!!!! Actually, mine is a reinjury that happened just days after graduating PT from an ankle and back injury from last year. Good grief! Hope yours heals quickly.

I fell off a toilet the day before Thanksgiving, I hit the drywall with my forehead at an angle that left a bruise on my head and a dent in the wall. My body crumpled like a rag doll and I injured my back and left ankle. They put me on a muscle relaxant and I take half a tablet (it's powerful)

Mad Poster
#689 Old 24th Dec 2023 at 8:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
I fell off a toilet the day before Thanksgiving, I hit the drywall with my forehead at an angle that left a bruise on my head and a dent in the wall. My body crumpled like a rag doll and I injured my back and left ankle. They put me on a muscle relaxant and I take half a tablet (it's powerful)

Owww! Sounds like a complicated injury. My original injury was from slipping on wet leaves as my dog pulled me over a small hill. The reinjury was when I simply stepped off of my door's threshold onto my porch. It's been a week and I should be at the stretching and strengthening phase, but simply walking around wrapping gifts and cooking has caused enough swelling that I am not ready for exercises.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#690 Old 24th Dec 2023 at 5:06 PM
This morning, my Dad is due at my house at 9am. At 8:45, my child spills a massive bowl of cocopops all over herself (bare in mind she was already dressed nicely) and all over the sofa and floor. Luckily I cleaned it up before he arrived. Not that he would've minded anyway, but it sucks that I spent money on a lovely Christmas jumper and leggings for her to spill milk all over it 15 mins into wearing for the first time

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#691 Old 26th Dec 2023 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Owww! Sounds like a complicated injury. My original injury was from slipping on wet leaves as my dog pulled me over a small hill. The reinjury was when I simply stepped off of my door's threshold onto my porch. It's been a week and I should be at the stretching and strengthening phase, but simply walking around wrapping gifts and cooking has caused enough swelling that I am not ready for exercises.

I have a X-Ray appointment on Friday at the podiatrist on the clinic's second floor suite.

Mad Poster
#692 Old 28th Dec 2023 at 1:53 PM
The dog got himself trapped in my daughters room while we were out. See he can headbutt the door to get in but it closed behind him and he couldn't get out. So he tried to eat his way out. He's completely destroyed her toy boxes, doll house, lots of her toys, her chest of drawers is knocked over, he's eaten her shoe rack and her cabinet thing. He's also pissed all over her bed, clothes that fell out her chest of drawers and all over the floor near the door. Fucksake. We were out for 2 hours tops

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#693 Old 30th Dec 2023 at 5:10 PM
My mom still has the debit card.

My parents share the debit card.

She is currently at work.

I am running out of food.

I'm starting to think my therapist was right on the whole "food insecurity" issues.

Mad Poster
#694 Old 31st Dec 2023 at 5:22 PM Last edited by Bigsimsfan12 : 31st Dec 2023 at 5:37 PM.
Ugh, husband is ill. I feel bad but honestly I don't even care. I cannot be sympathetic at all. It just feels like he's always ill. Like he works 5 days and I work 2, the only time we get off together is Sunday afternoon and Thursday afternoon. Nothing else. So somehow we have to fit into those few hours everything we want to do as a couple/family and all the cleaning jobs we can't do while the kids are climbing around us. But here he is wasting our Sunday afternoon together in bed being all ill. And a few weeks ago he had annual leave off work and he was ill the whole time. It's just making me feel frustrated because it means I'm doing all the childcare and all the housework and somehow trying to do tasks that he was either suppose to do, or tasks I wanted to do while he watched the kids. I know he's actually ill, because often I'm ill before/after him... but even when I'm ill I still have to do EVERYTHING because he's at work. Right now I have a really bad toothache that is making the whole right side of my face radiate with pain, I'm also having a heavy period where I'm bleeding through everything and I've got a dog who's pissing everywhere and keeps trying to eat from the bin and a toddler who is "potty training" (2 3 accidents today and 1 pee on the potty. Yay.) And I've been tidying up my daughters room that got trashed and binning all the chewed up toys as the kids make more mess and I've been at work the past 2 days and there's mountains of laundry and dishes and clothes left on the sofa despite me saying "all clothes need to go in the hamper because the dog keeps peeing on his feet or having accidents and then sitting on the sofa and making a bed out of any clothes left there". And I do not care that my husband is ill.

Mad Poster
#695 Old 1st Jan 2024 at 6:05 PM
Fell on the ice (solid ice outside work while walking to a waiting car) and hit my shoulder/side, so now it aches when I move my shoulder. Nothing broken, pretty sure of that, but I'm likely going to be quite bruised tomorrow...

At least I've got several days off before work again (need my arms)...
Mad Poster
#696 Old 4th Jan 2024 at 4:04 PM
Stood on my glasses. Thought "ugh now I'll have to wear my spare pair". Broke a statue while trying to reach on a shelf (because my house was built for my 6ft something step-MIL so I can't reach anything) only to realise my backup pair wasn't there. Tried navigating the house without glasses to find my backup pair. Found them. Opened the case. They are broken too.

I have 2 days worth of work before I can get to an optician and I can't see a damn thing.

Mad Poster
#697 Old 6th Jan 2024 at 4:34 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 6th Jan 2024 at 6:04 PM.
So we've got this direct TV streaming service that's connected to the TV. I use the streaming site, mom uses the TV.

The website has... issues.
Some days I can log in directly.
Some days it takes a couple or so tries before it goes to the password and then to the site (like today).

Yesterday I don't know how many times I tried, but probably upwards of 20-30 times, reloaded the window 5-6 times, even closed down the window (which logs me out of EVERYTHING ELSE, so I try avoid doing that ), even tried waiting about half an hour in between there. And all through that (until the final one where it actually works) it doesn't get as far as to the password - just the username. I mean - how difficult can a login page be?
Scholar
#698 Old 13th Jan 2024 at 8:16 PM
Boss person and I were having a chat and all was well until they turned their laptop to me and were like

read this, you like?
though really it was more like
cos my contract got extended
ive wanted to be gone since like week 1

(nothing against them I'm just like that sometimes) and reading through the review they def like my work to keep me around so yay? Guess I gotta step up my game and actually apply for stuff now.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#699 Old 23rd Jan 2024 at 11:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Noa1500
Boss person and I were having a chat and all was well until they turned their laptop to me and were like

read this, you like?
though really it was more like
cos my contract got extended
ive wanted to be gone since like week 1

(nothing against them I'm just like that sometimes) and reading through the review they def like my work to keep me around so yay? Guess I gotta step up my game and actually apply for stuff now.

Nothing worse than a plan to escape (or any plan for freedom) backfiring.

I freaked out at my father touching a delicate shipping bag that was part of the unboxing and he snapped a pair of scissors at me and I shrieked.

I shouted "What the hell?" I wasn't in the mood to fight because I had to make myself a lunch that afternoon.

My father does random shit that scares me and I don't know why, but I wish he'd knocked it off because I can't handle a heart attack. I'm 36 years old and can't handle this shit.

Mad Poster
#700 Old 24th Jan 2024 at 8:07 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 25th Jan 2024 at 5:03 AM.
Apparently, spider season starts earlly this year. Already found two in the span of a couple days. It even snowed some 30-40 cm just last week, dunno what they're doing out of their hidey-holes this early!

Just taught one of them how to sit, stay and play dead (don't know about the "play" bit, though... :/ But it did get a trip down the waterslide afterward, so spooder go weeeeee!)

---

Also, the TV streaming we use completely redid their UI, and it's absolutely horrendous (like most streaming UIs these days). I've completely lost the nice overview I had of recordings, half the "next" episodes aren't showing, lots of the older functions seem to be missing, and it's all a huge mess. Probably so they'll look like all the other streaming services...

The only thing that's vaguely useful (although I'm still not sure - I'll have to use it a bit more to figure out all the flaws first - is the channel overview which isn't the worst they could've done, but the major flaw there is that I can't go directly to the overview of all the episodes for a series - it just shows the horrible new overview that has everything I need missing.

I hate it when they mess up something that's working fine
Page 28 of 32