Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1840
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 3 (Who?), Viewed: 3970 times.
Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2016, 7:47 PM DefaultCan't create lots in CAW? #1
QueeneB
Original Poster

Test Subject

So, my game is updated to 1.67, and my CAW version is 0.2.0.197. I have not updated to the most recent versions due to various reports that the latest patch causes the game to stop working for many people. Also, the first time I noticed this issue I was working with Windows 8.1 on a desktop computer, currently having the SAME issue on a new laptop running Windows 10, on a brand new installation of Sims 3 and all expansions and stuff packs. I have not even played the game, nor do I have any custom content installed at this time.

Some weeks back I was working on a new world and my CAW did something it had never done before: It would allow me to create 7 and only 7 empty lots. It didn't matter if I was creating residential or community lots. It didn't matter what world size or geography I was using. I even attempted to edit a different premade world (Riverview, which I did have installed at the time) and the same issue happened. If there were seven lots on the world, no more would be created.

I didn't worry about this so much at the time; I thought perhaps some piece of custom content I had installed was preventing CAW from working correctly, and I knew that it wouldn't be long before I was going to be buying a new computer, so I thought with a fresh installation and no CC I might be able to build the world I wanted and have no further issues.

However, the other day when I got my new laptop up and running, and installed my game, expansions, and stuff packs, then downloaded CAW, I started it up, and... same weird glitch. Has anybody else experienced this? If so, is there a solution?
Old 20th Jul 2016, 1:49 AM #2
QueeneB
Original Poster

Test Subject

I see this has had a lot of views... nobody has any clue what the problem is?
Old 20th Jul 2016, 2:31 PM #3
ruffdog24
Field Researcher

I've never had that happen before. What happens if you export the world, open it up in game, then and more lots via world editor?
Also 1.67 is the latest sims 3 update. Try updating CAW I know it's been buggy since the latest patch update, I'm personally saving up to repurchase supernatural, and waiting for it to become cheaper, so I can revert back to 1.66 and not have to have 1.67 to play.
Old 23rd Jul 2016, 1:45 AM #4
QueeneB
Original Poster

Test Subject

I had tried opening up a premade and also a user-made world in CAW and it's still doing the same thing. It's quite discouraging. I have since tried updated CAW and experiencing the same issue. I just have no idea what could be the issue. I have searched this problem and can't find anyone else with the same problem. I have been wanting to build a world for my own use for quite a while, but this is making things impossible.

Section jump: