Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 4:40 PM
Default What's your idea for a 'Vacation'?
What do your sims do in/for a vacation other than tomb raiding? Do you have any resorts built or anything for your sims to do in terms of relaxing and letting worries drift off? Perhaps you have a different world set as a custom destination? Do you try make the holiday for your sim be less like a chore? Any recommendation for new recreational stuff?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 6:30 PM
I typically use NRAAS Traveler to send my Sims to Suva Diva Resort (it's a small world).
Mad Poster
#3 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 8:13 PM
I'm not the most goal-oriented player in the world, but things accumulate that even with NRaas Relativity in play that there just isn't enough time during a typical work/school week to get through especially if there are busy teens in the household. These skills need learning by at least a couple of more levels, those relationships (friendly, romantic, or both) need some definite tending to, some sims never get to work on the more complicated wishes I have promised for them, and some sims never have time for much fun with too much else to do. After a while that all adds up to a vacation being very much being needed so that the clock (calendar) can stop and everyone at least has a chance to catch up to where I wanted them. Besides being able to vacation in any installed worlds and let my storylines cross over within the same game, Traveler also lets us bring along friends from other households whom we've never played actively before and it's fun controlling them for a while as temporary members of the household.

I just brought my active household back from a long vacation in Dragon Valley. There isn't much there that they can't get at home in Bridgeport except maybe for archery and the bowling alley I had placed in DV, but it was very nice to take a time out so they could all have a chance to regroup.
Alchemist
#4 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 9:05 PM
I normally add a Beach lot (if the world allows it) and a club/hangout. Most vacation activities are decided based on the wishes that the sim rolls; if they want to sit and read books, I'll let them read at the basecamp or send them to the local bookstore. If they want to sightsee, I send them to the location they want to see. There's usually some realism too - in Shang Simla, for example, the tourist attractions are far from each other, so I have sims visit 1-2 per day at most, and maybe camp out at one if it gets too dark to go back.

I also make it a point for sims to only cook at the basecamp if they're really strapped for cash, or Natural Cooks. Otherwise they eat out all the time, and only local food (or at most their favorite food once or twice).

For worlds with beaches, I reserve at least a day for sunbathing, drinking cocktails and swimming/snorkeling

I don't worry too much about money or time anymore; it's very easy to make money in the game, and the long lifespan (around 20 days for YA and Adults) allows for multiple trips. I also have a mod that changes the default vacation time to 5 days instead of 3.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 7:07 AM
I've had my sims go camping before on a random park lot in their home world over the weekend. it's been a while so I don't quite remember exactly what they did but I think they took a baseball? and there might've been swings? another time I sent them to a resort (still in their home world) that was modeled after a lake resort type place. the kids played at the park, the adults fished and read books (basically what my own family's yearly summer vacation was like).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 8:15 PM
If anyone have custom resorts/basecamps, I would love to see pictures of those :D

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.