Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 4:31 PM
Fertility treatment?
I was just curious if anyone knows the answer to this question.

I created a male sim - Adrian. I've been working on him for quite a while. He reached the top of the athletic career, has autograph sessions, check's himself out in the mirror, is an excellent cook and handy in the garden, and just recently got married.

Since I've had him so long, I have 90% of the lifetime rewards - including fertility treatment. His wife, Adrianna, and he just had twin boys - Angel and Ashton.

My question is this: I've had twins once and Adrian is the only one that has the treatment ( I had triplet girls in another game before when they both had it) but now that I want to have another baby I'm afraid I'm going to have triplets or even twins again. Is there a way to turn this off once you get it the first time?

Twins wouldn't be horrible, but triplets again scares me, lol.

Thanks for the help!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 4:36 PM
I only bought ferility treatment once and my sims then had three sets of twin girls.
I don't think you can turn it off. Maybe try saving before the labor and then (if you get triplets) do not save and just try again...

EDIT: BTW, has anyone had boy and girl twins? I keep getting girls :S
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 4:39 PM
Thanks, Lenoba. I'll give that a try.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 4:49 PM
I had same sex twins several times, but once I had triplets with two boys and one girl.
Test Subject
#5 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 1:59 AM
All my multiple births have been the same sex
Stupid people are stupid
#6 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 10:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lenoba
Maybe try saving before the labor and then (if you get triplets) do not save and just try again...

I read somewhere that doesn't work. It didn't work like that in TS2 either, so i doubt it works here.

For the record, i'm currently playing a family where both have the fertility treatment. They had 2 single births, 1 set of twins and then 1 single birth again.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 3:00 PM
I usually get the fertility treatment for both Sims of a couple when they can afford more than one baby, but it has always been same-sex sets, no matter if they're twins or triplets. Kind of disappointing, but I don't mind it too much because they can share a room and not complain that it's too girly/too boyish because they're either or.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lenoba
I only bought ferility treatment once and my sims then had three sets of twin girls.
I don't think you can turn it off. Maybe try saving before the labor and then (if you get triplets) do not save and just try again...

EDIT: BTW, has anyone had boy and girl twins? I keep getting girls :S

yeah me too! i was doing the "Family Man" challange
i got 17 daughter and 2 son...omg

Quote:
Call me Jarod , Jad , Jar , Jaro , Rod....
If you r a GUY , why don't you come and join us , the group "JUST FOR GUYS" :D
Test Subject
#9 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 3:09 AM
Get McCommand this helps with the Pregnancy you can find out how many the woman or male is having and if they are having more than 1 you can change it back to 1 if you like and also change the baby to a Boy or Girl,also has a lot of other Super COOL things with this Mod I know a lot of you guys on here don't liking Mods but a lot of you guys been wanting a Mod that will Turn OFF Aging for Each Sim and this Mod will also do that...But make sure to turn OFF in Population Setting or this Mod will Fill in your Houses even if you have the EA Setting set OFF,I'm telling ya know the ones that Don't want MODS Your Missing OUT on this 1 MOD and also the Ultrasound Mod shows you close to a REAL baby just Google Ultrasound for sims 4 should take ya right to it also there is a Miscarriage Mod now I know little sad to have in GAME but makes it More to REAL Life for me !!!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Heather141424
Get McCommand this helps with the Pregnancy you can find out how many the woman or male is having and if they are having more than 1 you can change it back to 1 if you like and also change the baby to a Boy or Girl,also has a lot of other Super COOL things with this Mod I know a lot of you guys on here don't liking Mods but a lot of you guys been wanting a Mod that will Turn OFF Aging for Each Sim and this Mod will also do that...But make sure to turn OFF in Population Setting or this Mod will Fill in your Houses even if you have the EA Setting set OFF,I'm telling ya know the ones that Don't want MODS Your Missing OUT on this 1 MOD and also the Ultrasound Mod shows you close to a REAL baby just Google Ultrasound for sims 4 should take ya right to it also there is a Miscarriage Mod now I know little sad to have in GAME but makes it More to REAL Life for me !!!

It's been nine years.. I don't think they're still having the issue, let alone even playing the same family.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Heather141424

Right, players who don't like mods tend to hang out on Mod The Sims' message boards.

Not to be unkind or anything, but perhaps we could keep the TS4 solutions and mods over in the TS4 section of the forum? This is TS3, we have entirely different sets of such tools to work with here.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 4:16 PM
I rolled 4 babies with both sims with the fertility treatment LTW and "Wished for Large Family" from the genie and the fertility elixir.
I played that a little while.
Close game.
Delete save.

Sims are better than us.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 7:17 PM
NRAAS Master Controller lets you set the chance of multiple births for each pregnancy (you have to use the "Baby" option when the Sim is pregnant), I believe.