Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

BAKERY BONANZA Part 6: Cookies

by InLovewithRed Posted 17th Mar 2018 at 6:00 AM - Updated 25th Mar 2018 at 9:45 PM by InLovewithRed

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 8:11 AM
Goodness the peanut butter cookies looked too good at midnight on a Friday. I'm hungry now! lol
Thank you heaps. Every plate of cookies looks yummy. I had to download the entire set.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 1:28 PM
I am really enjoying these! I have them all and love them. Thank you so much
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 6:03 PM
Red Velvet Chip Cookies?!!! I'm about to slap somebody. Oooo lawd ham mercy.
Instructor
#5 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 8:33 PM
Hey I just had to delete these cookies cause they were making all my lots crash when I tried to play them.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 8:51 PM
Thank you
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 9:10 PM
I liked the colors and ideas in the design!
Good luck in your creation!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 2:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fearless Butterfly
Hey I just had to delete these cookies cause they were making all my lots crash when I tried to play them.

Oh my goodness! I am really sorry, that is strange...I don't know what would have caused that!! Did AdeLanaSP's originals cookies work for you? Because I did not tweak her original mesh other than change the textures and guids.
Instructor
#9 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 3:55 AM
Ah sorry didnt read that i had to download the mesh my bad, that must have been what caused it sorry about that.
Instructor
#10 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 4:16 AM
ok i just tried one of them with the mesh and it still crashed so i dont know what the problem is.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 5:08 AM
It's causing crashes for me as well. I have AdeLanaSP's cookies. If it helps, here's the error log:

Code:
Exception time: 03/18/2018, at 01:03:59.
Exception code: 0xC0000005 (-1073741819) ACCESS_VIOLATION.
Current thread ID: 4976 (0x00001370).
Version information:
Application/module path: C:\Games\The Sims\The Sims 2\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe
Application/module version name: The Sims 2 EP9
Application/module version: 1.17.0.66
System version: Windows NT 6.0
System memory: 4096 Megabytes total, 1344 Megabytes free.
Application/module configuration: ReleaseSRT

Extra Exception Data:

Shutdown: 0
HostName: [PC name]
MemoryUsage: 579380K
Neighborhood Name: Emerald Heights
Neighborhood Prefix: N004
Lot Name: 13 Old Cedar Lane
Family Name: Rotspatz
Extra Exception Data End:

Exception module:  C:\Games\The Sims\The Sims 2\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe.
Exception address: 0x00418929. Section:Offset: 0x01:0x00017929.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 2:25 PM
Cookies!!!!!! *squee* They. Look. Amazing. Omgosh, thanks so much! I was wanting new cookies for the longest time. The lemon drop cookies remind me of eggs - so cute, haha! Again, thank you - these are the perfect ending to your bakery run. <3
Test Subject
#13 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 5:45 PM
Looking at that error log, it appears they have Mansion and Garden installed? So do I, and I'm having the issue too, though it doesn't make sense at all that it would have anything to do with it. I am interested to know the expansions of anyone who got this to work, though, just in case.

I tested the halloween cookie by itself and it worked. I tested each of yours individually with no other mods installed and got the same error every time. (With the halloween cookie installed too.) Maybe we can find a common thread in here somewhere and figure this out.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 6:19 PM
This is very interesting. I am very sorry everyone!!! I promise I tested them thoroughly. Let's get this figured out! I have the Mansion and Garden expansion pack and they worked just fine in testing. Also, my beta tested them in hers and she has that expansion pack as well. Thank you for posting the error log, hopefully this can all get straightened out! I don't want to crash anyone's games! Although I don't have the slightest idea why Mansion and Garden would have anything to do with it...

Was tested with: Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Apartment Life, University, Nightlife, Celebration Stuff, the Happy Holiday pack, Mansion and Garden, and Family Fun stuff packs.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#15 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 8:05 PM
Crashes for me as well when I try to load a lot (checked it in my test game just to be on the safe side). I have all EPs and all SPs except Family Fun and Celebration.

Question: Did you compress the files after editing them? I had a look at one of the files in SimPE, and by the looks of it, the original file was compressed (resources are in blue), but two of the BHAVs ("CT - Factory - Food" and "CT - GUID - Menu") are NOT compressed (they're black). Which usually means they've been edited, but the file wasn't compressed again afterwards. And I know from experience that some games (but not all) don't take kindly to compressed files not being recompressed after editing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NixNivis
Crashes for me as well when I try to load a lot (checked it in my test game just to be on the safe side). I have all EPs and all SPs except Family Fun and Celebration.

Question: Did you compress the files after editing them? I had a look at one of the files in SimPE, and by the looks of it, the original file was compressed (resources are in blue), but two of the BHAVs ("CT - Factory - Food" and "CT - GUID - Menu") are NOT compressed (they're black). Which usually means they've been edited, but the file wasn't compressed again afterwards. And I know from experience that some games (but not all) don't take kindly to compressed files not being recompressed after editing.

Ah that might be it! Come to think of it, that would make a lot of sense. Thank you. Because I can't think of anything else, and nothing else about the files looks abnormal. Not to mention it working for some games and not others. Will go ahead and compress the files and reupload guys!
Mad Poster
#17 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 9:36 PM
@InLovewithRed. I have all EPs and SPs installed, if that's any assistance. I'll test again when you get it re-uploaded.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
THANKS POST
#18 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 12:22 AM
i also have all eps and sps
Instructor
#19 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 11:11 AM
Great work! It looks so delicious.
Instructor
#20 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 9:29 AM
Default Game Crash
Didn't realize others where having this problem, spent the last two days scouring out my dl folder because it never occurred to me the cookies were the source. I compressed them before I put them in the game and the game still crashed. I have Ultimate Collection. I already had the mesh in my game so I could not connect why cookies would stop me from entering any lot. This is a first really weird one for me and I don't have the technical expertise to lend a hand.
I hope someone will crack the case because the cookies are too adorable not to be in the game.
Keeping my fingers crossed.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 11:06 PM
To all of those who were having crashing issues, I HAVE RE-UPLOADED a compressed version of the files as of 10PM, 3/21/18!! They should be okay now!! Let me know if there are any further issues (I sure hope not lol) And also, thank you guys for your support and patience.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#22 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 11:20 PM
Just wanted to report that I tried the reuploaded files in my test game, and the Randoms are now enjoying a batch of freshly baked Lemon Drop Cookies. The only problem is... now I want some IRL! They look delicious!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NixNivis
Just wanted to report that I tried the reuploaded files in my test game, and the Randoms are now enjoying a batch of freshly baked Lemon Drop Cookies. The only problem is... now I want some IRL! They look delicious!

SOOOOO glad to hear that!! :D
Test Subject
#24 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 3:30 PM
I cannot help myself but laugh thinking it was these cookies that were making my game crash
I downloaded them the day they were uploaded and I was trying to figure out what was going wrong with my game ever since

Glad it's fixed now
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 23rd May 2018 at 12:52 PM
Owl sugar cookies! I think I'm in love!
Page 1 of 2