2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#7676 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
Then again, if you consider a Sim day to be roughly equivalent to a human year, they spend three months in bed. Hope you don't get that equivalent!

Plus if a Sim day was a year, they'd be pregnant for 3 years straight!

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#7677 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 5:29 PM
I love it so much when a Sim comes back from work late at night and their child runs out of the house to hug them. That's so adorable.
Mad Poster
#7678 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 7:10 PM
Been humming this song out of random (maybe when TS2 is loaded lol, probably subconscious associating with the simlish track)

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Top Secret Researcher
#7679 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Misaki Chan
I love it so much when a Sim comes back from work late at night and their child runs out of the house to hug them. That's so adorable.

I'd love it more if said kid didn't lose their queue in the process.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#7680 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 9:38 PM
And I'd love it more if all children of an household would do it too...instead of just one.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Alchemist
#7681 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
And I'd love it more if all children of an household would do it too...instead of just one.

I'd like more joining with kids, in general. I'd love if three or more could play catch and cops and robbers or whatever, at least more like kicky bag.
Mad Poster
#7682 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 11:19 PM Last edited by HarVee : 30th Mar 2019 at 11:42 PM.
I wonder if it would be possible to make a community lot speaker that'll play any of your created FT custom stations sort of like how the TS3 community lot speaker can.

Kind of like the lack of a college rock community speaker, I just don't get how EA could overlook giving us a speaker.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Forum Resident
#7683 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 4:30 AM Last edited by inspiredzone : 31st Mar 2019 at 5:14 AM.
I opened up an old community lot I built for the first time in probably 5 years and it's so hideous. It's functional to the point of mechanical. I think there's like 3 decorations on the entire lot. No quartertileplacement, no 45degrees rotation. It's also a 4-story, 2X3 rectangle.

Terrible as it was, it actually made me feel better to realize how much I've progressed since then.
Top Secret Researcher
#7684 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 9:25 PM
I wonder if there's a way to make objects increase in value over time rather than decrease...

=^..^=
Mad Poster
#7685 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
I wonder if there's a way to make objects increase in value over time rather than decrease...

Isin't it already the case with paintings? the code is there.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Alchemist
#7686 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Isin't it already the case with paintings? the code is there.

And the dream catcher does.
Mad Poster
#7687 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick

Try giving an object a negative decimal deprecation value under the OBJD tag in SimPE. I believe that would do it. So it'd be like -85 daily value, so instead of deducting it would be adding 85.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#7688 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 1:29 AM
I'm pretty sure this couch car appreciates over time. I haven't used it in awhile, but I seem to remember that I got bored and went to sell it and was shocked at the new sale price.

http://www.modthesims.info/d/203254/couch-car.html
Field Researcher
#7689 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Misaki Chan
Have you ever made a sim identical to someone you know in real life without telling them? I feel like creating a sim based entirely on a girl I see sometimes, but I feel like I'd be unable to look her in the eye after that, especially if the sim does something silly!

Ok, this will probably earn me the title of the creepiest person around here, but I'll say it anyway. In a very low point of my life, while I was severely depressed and overwhelmed with lovesickness, I made a self-sim and a sim based on the man I was in love with and painfully longing for. "Playing" the life we will never have, gave me a temporary relief and a much needed escape from the reality. We were close, he knew I played this game and that I had his self-sim in it. He even knew I was coping with loss and pain while seeking comfort in virtual fantasy. But what he didn't know was that I named our imaginary child after his deceased parent he loved and missed dearly. I guess I wanted to honor him and express how much he meant to me, but nonetheless I feel it was inappropriate and creepily overstepping the boundary. In one moment it was too painful for me to continue that game, so I saved it and never returned since. This memory actually still makes me uncomfortable.

Is there some kind of "emotion vomiting" thread around here? So I could avoid creeping out normal people in this subforum who are here just to share normal lighthearted fun?
Top Secret Researcher
#7690 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MystAngel
Ok, this will probably earn me the title of the creepiest person around here, but I'll say it anyway. In a very low point of my life, while I was severely depressed and overwhelmed with lovesickness, I made a self-sim and a sim based on the man I was in love with and painfully longing for. "Playing" the life we will never have, gave me a temporary relief and a much needed escape from the reality. We were close, he knew I played this game and that I had his self-sim in it. He even knew I was coping with loss and pain while seeking comfort in virtual fantasy. But what he didn't know was that I named our imaginary child after his deceased parent he loved and missed dearly. I guess I wanted to honor him and express how much he meant to me, but nonetheless I feel it was inappropriate and creepily overstepping the boundary. In one moment it was too painful for me to continue that game, so I saved it and never returned since. This memory actually still makes me uncomfortable.

Is there some kind of "emotion vomiting" thread around here? So I could avoid creeping out normal people in this subforum who are here just to share normal lighthearted fun?

@MystAngel

I think that this thread is OK for what you want to post or you could look at some others Vent! or How Are You Today?

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7691 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 9:04 PM
Apologies for my absence over the last week. My hard disk, which has been giving trouble for months, finally packed in completely on Sunday night last week. My PC is away for repair. I shall have to restore from backup. Will possibly lose some gameplay. Will see what can be recovered from the old disk. Am very much missing my Sims!

Special apologies if you've been trying to send me a PM. I'll clear some stuff out of my In Box when I get my computer back. Am writing this post on my mother's iPad.

Hope I might be back later this week.

Yours,
AndrewGloria

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Top Secret Researcher
#7692 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Try giving an object a negative decimal deprecation value under the OBJD tag in SimPE. I believe that would do it. So it'd be like -85 daily value, so instead of deducting it would be adding 85.

Well now...I set it so the catalog price was $10, and set it to increase by $10 daily. After plunking one down on a test lot and waiting 24 sim-hours, I went to sell it...for $402.
Will this game ever make sense? Your guess is as good as mine.

=^..^=
Inventor
#7693 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 1:46 AM
Had the ingenious idea of remodeling (and deleting some I don't like/won't use) all of the lots in Jawusa's empty templates and then plopping them in my NeighTemp folder/zipping them for later use after compressing them so my new uberhood will be more to my liking. My future self would probably thank me or throttle me regarding the results if this venture was a successful one . I have 3 more subhoods to do and then I'll move on to the uni hoods.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#7694 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 6:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Apologies for my absence over the last week. My hard disk, which has been giving trouble for months, finally packed in completely on Sunday night last week. My PC is away for repair. I shall have to restore from backup. Will possibly lose some gameplay. Will see what can be recovered from the old disk. Am very much missing my Sims!

Special apologies if you've been trying to send me a PM. I'll clear some stuff out of my In Box when I get my computer back. Am writing this post on my mother's iPad.

Hope I might be back later this week.

Yours,
AndrewGloria

Hasn't that got to the point where it's cheaper to buy a new one? Think of the better graphics you could have and all the EPs.
Top Secret Researcher
#7695 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 12:42 PM
I bought a new one when my computer started making beeping noises every time I tried to open it, and it took several hours until I managed to actually open it. I also had to kick it for the fan to start spinning and even then it was too hot so it turned itself off all of the time so I had to put a large floor fan on top of it lying on the side with the side panel open. When I moved the computer I noticed it had burned a mark in the wall behind it. Yep... I think it was time to replace it.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7696 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
I also had to kick it for the fan to start spinning

I have a fan like that on one of my computers at the moment. I'm attached to this computer though, it found several prime numbers and crunched a lot of data for SETI, so I don't want it to die!
Alchemist
#7697 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
I bought a new one when my computer started making beeping noises every time I tried to open it, and it took several hours until I managed to actually open it. I also had to kick it for the fan to start spinning and even then it was too hot so it turned itself off all of the time so I had to put a large floor fan on top of it lying on the side with the side panel open. When I moved the computer I noticed it had burned a mark in the wall behind it. Yep... I think it was time to replace it.

I just replaced the fan when that happened.
Top Secret Researcher
#7698 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 3:31 PM
The problem was that a fan for that particular computer model couldn't be found anywhere.

In any case I couldn't stand the lag that was there even before the fan had problems. I don't regret a second that I bought a new one.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#7699 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 3:47 AM
Similarly to how my cyberpunk lot had me really wishing that if you used SHIFT to place a wall-mounted object, it would place at the same height as the previous, my Intelligence lot has me wishing that the IKEA filing cabinet would duplicate the stack of four when I SHIFT placed multiple iterations, instead of having to stack them all manually.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#7700 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 12:05 PM
As far as fans are concerned - I replace them all the time (and have 15 on hand) - because it is warm here.
Page 308 of 516