Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Mar 2024 at 12:55 PM
Default What did you do with The Beginning Hoods characters?
I don't think someone ever created a thread for this, but it'd be cool to have one lol.

So, what did you do with the Beginning Hoods, did you follow the prompts to get to the present Pleasantview/Strangetown/Veronaville/etc. ? How did the premade sims we all know and love turn out in your game? Or did you play them in a completely different way (and how did they end up looking)? Let us know! We'd love to see and hear your stories!
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#2 Old 16th Mar 2024 at 1:23 PM
I'm kinda slow on this lol, so, still very far from present Pleasantview, but all the Gen 2 kids are born now and are either children or teens. I've built their houses completely from scratch, but was still trying to channel their original vibes. So, it's easier to tell which families they belong to.

Here's little Gunther Goth and his teenage sister Frida, as well as their uncle Samuel who came to visit them from Moonlight Falls, lol

Cornelia Crumplebottom (who's also going to be a Goth in the future, lol) and her younger sister Agnes. It's absolutely not true that she's jealous of her baby sister, she was just... not in good mood when they took this picture.

And lastly, Simis Bachelor (Bella's dad) having dinner with his parents Milton and Enriqueta, who are also bonus ancestors from Sims 3.

Screenshots

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#3 Old 16th Mar 2024 at 1:38 PM
I enjoyed playing Bluewater Village!

Some twins popped up - I remember Cheslin and Caroline Gieke well

At no point did I try to have it work out according to what the script said - the point for me was to start over! And I sorted the drama out in some of those hoods

I am tempted to do that again in the future.
Scholar
#4 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 12:18 AM Last edited by sturlington : 17th Mar 2024 at 12:38 AM.
I'm taking a little break from beginning of Strangetown for more casual play, but as of right now, I have everyone born who is a starting adult in Strangetown, although their parentage may be off somewhat.

Vidcund Curious was born the eldest, because his parents are actually Glarn and Glabe. I decided he was Vidcund because he turned out blond. This was after Glarn was abducted and had the twins Chloe and Lola with PT#9 Smith. Glabe took the twins to raise to protect them from the military but got pregnant first by risky woohoo, so Glarn raised Vidcund.

Glarn married Kitty, and they had Jenny, then Pascal. Jenny is brunette, not blond. Then Kitty had a little affair with Glarn's younger brother Clark and got pregnant with Lazlo. I would like to get PT#9 with Jenny later, but right now, he is very much infatuated with Kitty.

Circe was born to Arabel Salamis and Eachann McGork (I had to gender swap, but they didn't get married, so she's still Circe Salamis); she looks a lot like the base-game Circe, except she has brown hair, and she only has 1 nice point. Loki and Erin were born to Bjorn and Gundrun Beaker; they are both brunette, and Loki has 10 nice points. Loki and Circe are best friends, though. Buzz was born to Chip and Missy Grunt, and then they had a second son named Chuck. Lyla Vandermorgan was also born and is a redhead. All of these are children or toddlers right now. Olive, Creon, and Willow are all a little older. Olive is in love with Earl E. De Mise, and Creon and Willow are engaged.

I only don't have Ajay Loner and Kristen Loste because I took their parents in different directions. Vikram Loner was gay, gave birth to twin girls with his first husband Madhu Frehndly, and then Madhu divorced Vikram because he wasn't in love with him. Vikram married someone else and took his name, so all his future children will have the last name Steel. As for Daisy Simnitch, who was supposed to be Kristen's mother, she ended up marrying one of my born-in-game Sims instead of Arty Loste because I loved them so much as a couple.

Beyond the canon Sims, I have a lot of born-in-game Sims. Creon has three sisters, for instance, and Olive has a twin brother. I do want to get back to this neighborhood at some point because I really like it. I made it very integrated; everyone who lives in Strangetown had a role to play in the town. But it is somewhat involved and requires me to keep a spreadsheet, which sometimes I don't want to deal with when I'm playing for fun.

I added a few shots of the kids so you can see how different some of them turned out.
Screenshots
Scholar
#5 Old 6th Apr 2024 at 4:42 PM
Just returning to this thread to make an observation. I still haven't gone back to my beginning of Strangetown hood since I last posted, even though I had come to love some of the Sims in that hood. I think there were two things preventing me from taking it back up again. Once was that it had gotten very complex, with a lot more families than I like to play ordinarily, and some Sims still sitting in the bin, and I had no clear ideas on how I wanted to resolve that. But more important was that I was just about to get to the point where the Strangetown characters' memories began, as teens. And I had a conflict in how to play that. On the one hand, I preferred to follow canon and bring them to the point of Strangetown as Maxis made it, but I also didn't want to violate their personalities and wishes that were created while playing this version. In the meantime, I started playing original Strangetown again, which reinforced how much I wanted Loki to remain Loki (and not be nice!), Vidcund to be Vidcund, etc.

Has anyone else playing the beginning of hoods gotten to this point where you were playing the original Sims as children? What did you do when they didn't match their original characters--did you keep playing? Make them go in the direction of the original story? Or create an alternate-universe version where they do different things? Just curious if anyone has taken one of these hoods past the third generation.
Scholar
#6 Old 7th Apr 2024 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
I'm taking a little break from beginning of Strangetown for more casual play, but as of right now, I have everyone born who is a starting adult in Strangetown, although their parentage may be off somewhat.

Vidcund Curious was born the eldest, because his parents are actually Glarn and Glabe. I decided he was Vidcund because he turned out blond. This was after Glarn was abducted and had the twins Chloe and Lola with PT#9 Smith. Glabe took the twins to raise to protect them from the military but got pregnant first by risky woohoo, so Glarn raised Vidcund.

Glarn married Kitty, and they had Jenny, then Pascal. Jenny is brunette, not blond. Then Kitty had a little affair with Glarn's younger brother Clark and got pregnant with Lazlo. I would like to get PT#9 with Jenny later, but right now, he is very much infatuated with Kitty.

Circe was born to Arabel Salamis and Eachann McGork (I had to gender swap, but they didn't get married, so she's still Circe Salamis); she looks a lot like the base-game Circe, except she has brown hair, and she only has 1 nice point. Loki and Erin were born to Bjorn and Gundrun Beaker; they are both brunette, and Loki has 10 nice points. Loki and Circe are best friends, though. Buzz was born to Chip and Missy Grunt, and then they had a second son named Chuck. Lyla Vandermorgan was also born and is a redhead. All of these are children or toddlers right now. Olive, Creon, and Willow are all a little older. Olive is in love with Earl E. De Mise, and Creon and Willow are engaged.

I only don't have Ajay Loner and Kristen Loste because I took their parents in different directions. Vikram Loner was gay, gave birth to twin girls with his first husband Madhu Frehndly, and then Madhu divorced Vikram because he wasn't in love with him. Vikram married someone else and took his name, so all his future children will have the last name Steel. As for Daisy Simnitch, who was supposed to be Kristen's mother, she ended up marrying one of my born-in-game Sims instead of Arty Loste because I loved them so much as a couple.

Beyond the canon Sims, I have a lot of born-in-game Sims. Creon has three sisters, for instance, and Olive has a twin brother. I do want to get back to this neighborhood at some point because I really like it. I made it very integrated; everyone who lives in Strangetown had a role to play in the town. But it is somewhat involved and requires me to keep a spreadsheet, which sometimes I don't want to deal with when I'm playing for fun.

I added a few shots of the kids so you can see how different some of them turned out.

Oh, I love the alien skin in the last photo.
Was it a default alien skin, and if so, which one please ?
Loved that hair style, too.
Thanks in advance.

I'll include a photo of the one I'm referring to.
Screenshots

" Inama Nushif "
Scholar
#7 Old 7th Apr 2024 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tleilaxu3
Oh, I love the alien skin in the last photo.
Was it a default alien skin, and if so, which one please ?
Loved that hair style, too.
Thanks in advance.

I'll include a photo of the one I'm referring to.

Yes, it's a default skin replacement. I got it from here. This is the one: https://modthesims.info/d/249964/hp...e-defaults.html
Mad Poster
#8 Old 7th Apr 2024 at 2:30 AM Last edited by grammapat : 16th Apr 2024 at 8:21 PM.
Default thought there was another thread
What about the recent "The new Beginning of Pleasantview PLUS" NBPV by the new Hood Bldg Group?
All my first generation Sims have had their kids, who are now children (beginning to turn teen). Most of them live in group homes; like, Dreamer & Darong -whose children will marry. So I will add pictures:

Here are my first set of teens, Bob Newby and Betty Semorvitch. They've been friends since they were toddlers, so when they both became teens on the same day they had their first kiss. The other toddlers will follow the same story.

And these couples will remain faithful for life (in spite of ACR!)
Screenshots

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Scholar
#9 Old 7th Apr 2024 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
Yes, it's a default skin replacement. I got it from here. This is the one: https://modthesims.info/d/249964/hp...e-defaults.html

Thanks !
I put it into my current Strangetown and Lola and Chloe look so much better !

" Inama Nushif "