Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#1601 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 9:53 PM
Object Renders, The Sims 2: Apartment Life and The Sims 2: Freetime

https://simnostalgia.tumblr.com/pos...nt-life-and-the
Advertisement
Alchemist
#1602 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 9:02 PM
From here at MTS, Honeywell's light imposter window lights.
https://www.modthesims.info/d/...dow-lights.html
Mad Poster
#1603 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 9:38 PM
Off the subject at hand, but still sorta related: an article in the LA Times about how Sim City (the greatgrandpa of Sims 1) led people who played it to become actual city planners:
From video game to day job: How ‘SimCity’ inspired a generation of city planners

Who says games are useless?

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#1604 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 10:10 PM
Oh, Midgethetree - we LOVE you.

The death by childbirth is something my handmaid hood really needs! And the confess cheating mod.....SQUEE!

Also the fairy mods, I can't tell you how excited I am. I've pretended fairies for a long time. I'm SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!

**has quick, nonlethal heart attack, but jumps right back up to playing the game**

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Theorist
#1605 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
From here at MTS, Honeywell's light imposter window lights.
http://www.modthesims.info/d/624485...dow-lights.html

:lovestruc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1606 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 12:58 AM
@Honeywell I tried them on one house but they are not showing up.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#1607 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@Honeywell I tried them on one house but they are not showing up.

Try them in two houses - preferably an unoccupied lot and see how you make out.

P.S. If you don't want the unoccupied house lit up you can add them to a solid wall and you won't see them. If you have 20ish minutes the how to video might help.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1608 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 1:33 AM
I did watch your video the day I downloaded them. Thank you for that. Now I don't know if this is connected but it is a shrunk lot (and yes occupied), but the front and back where I placed the film isn't shrunk. I can't place them on the side where there is only 1 tile of room, they need the grid to place. Just thought I would mention that. I will try on an unshrunk unoccupied lot.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#1609 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 1:49 AM
I did watch your video the day I downloaded them. Thank you for that. Now I don't know if this is connected but it is a shrunk lot (and yes occupied), but the front and back where I placed the film isn't shrunk. I can't place them on the side where there is only 1 tile of room, they need the grid to place. Just thought I would mention that. I will try on an unshrunk unoccupied lot.

Jo, I'm positive it doesn't matter if the lots are shrunk or not as to whether they'll light up or not. Well, it obviously matters for placing them -- you do need 2 tiles around the lot edge to place them on the grid. It's not random the way the game generates the lot imposter textures - I can reproduce which lots light and don't light every single time - but how is a mystery to me. The only thing I didn't mention in my video was that which walls you have the lights on in a lot might matter as well. For example, with the tower if I put them on all 4 walls they don't light (without that second unoccupied lot being lit like I show) but if I only put lights on two sides of the tower (the front and the back) they will light.

It's a matter of trial and error, I'm afraid.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1610 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 3:07 AM
I can kind of see it flickering at the front windows, but only just barely. I am going in to try the unoccupied lot next door.

Nope, just a flickering hint. I might go watch the video again to check that I am placing them correctly.
Moving around makes the first house show up a little more.
Screenshots

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#1611 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 4:15 AM
I can kind of see it flickering at the front windows, but only just barely. I am going in to try the unoccupied lot next door.

Nope, just a flickering hint. I might go watch the video again to check that I am placing them correctly.
Moving around makes the first house show up a little more.

That flickering looks like overlapping textures but w/ the lot imposter textures that shouldn't be a thing - you can't really place these "wrong" so to speak. Do you have any LOD mods in or anything like that could be changing it? This is how the double hung maxis window renders in my game from neighborhood view:
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1612 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 4:41 AM
LOD? Is that lighting? Because yes I use a lighting mod, Spookymuffins with tweaks by Dicreasy.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#1613 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 4:55 AM
LOD stands for level of detail. The lot imposter windows are flat (see my pic) but your windows are not - they have a 3d model (that looks really good!). That has to be modded in some way (maybe Lee's improved windows? I never looked at them but if you have those they could be the reason). Try placing these with snapobjectstogrid off and pulling them away from the window so the window overlay isn't touching your windows at all and see if the glow shows up without the flickering. But they may not be compatible with your mod.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1614 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 5:09 AM
Oh I wonder if that's the new lot imposter window mod? It says it's by Klaarti and Leefish.
Okay, I'll try that, thanks.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#1615 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 5:14 AM
Oh I wonder if that's the new lot imposter window mod? I downloaded something recently to improve windows. I didn't think it was by Lee though, I thought HL. I could be wrong though. Okay, I'll try that, thanks.

Jo, I'm always the last to know anything. There very well could be a mod by Lunie too -- I just know Lee did something cool with the windows years ago and recently shared it. And by recent I think I mean months ago.

ETA: I see your edit. If you let me know how you make out I'll update my post w/ the info. Not many have downloaded the lot imposter lights but I'd bet a lot of the same people who'd be interested in my mod would have Lee's & Klaarti's window mod too and would appreciate the info.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1616 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 5:21 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 6th Mar 2019 at 5:55 AM.
I edited my post (You are super fast at that reply as I edited it before the site even caught up to my post. ) after finding it in my download folder. It was Lee and Klaari.

That is done 1/4 in front of the window. I will have to try with some CC windows or decide which mod I want more. Rats, I hate it when this happens. *wants all the mods all the time!*

I tried with your bespoke window and another CC window and still not showing properly. Now they are. I will test tomorrow in my testing folder with just your mod and the window imposter files to make sure it is that mod clashing.
Screenshots

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#1617 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 5:47 AM
lol Jo, I meant to try them on the inside of the house just pulled away from the window a bit! They probably won't work that way either but they might.

ETA: I'm not in Australia -- I need to get off here but I'll check this thread later or we can stop hijacking it and post on the upload thread. G'night.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1618 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 5:53 AM
hsha Okay! I am going to post on your upload thread once I know something for sure. I added more to my post above.

Pictures show bespoke left, some old CC window right.
Screenshots

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#1619 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 3:01 PM
I'm sure this has been mention before, but Nopke's No Hobby Stalkers, http://www.modthesims.info/d/622669...y-stalkers.html is a must.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#1620 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 5:29 PM
I have that one. It's one of my how-did-I-ever-live-without-you mods.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Theorist
#1621 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 6:47 PM
The anti-hobby stalkers and anti-"Humble" mods are pretty much required to keep the game playable.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Alchemist
#1622 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
The anti-hobby stalkers and anti-"Humble" mods are pretty much required to keep the game playable.

Noooo, I love Humble! I think I'm the only one, but I do. <3

Mad Poster
#1623 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Noooo, I love Humble! I think I'm the only one, but I do. <3

Make it two, I like him also.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#1624 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 2:34 AM
I don't mind the guy.
Certainty don't hate him, though I have the option to decline his gift.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1625 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 3:21 AM
I didn't mind him until his arrival onto my lot borked a move into an apartment. After that I got rid of him.

~Call me Jo~
Page 65 of 119