Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#176 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 10:21 PM
Zexxa I love your lot.
Ok moist of my questions are answered I think through reading what others have posted, but still question as to can Earth go off lot to fish? Also as I started this last night, already I run into a problem. Only Fire is supposed to paint and us guitar, yet how do you keep the other sisters from using and skilling were they are not supposed to? I don't want to turn off free will as that would be boring. Also other sisters us the martial arts dummy.

Fire (Nina) met her first conquist her first night and woohooed in the theater. Next day she invited him over and woohooed in bed and got pregnant. Then she kissed him goodbye forever. LOL
Advertisement
Test Subject
#177 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 12:49 AM
I'm finally calling a quits on this challenge my fire sim was Phoenix Luv, Water was Telayla, Earth was Oasis, and Air was Daphne, after Phoenix's 54 child I think I have finally had enough I have flooded the town with their children and have officially gotten bored so as I retire my millionaire family I would like to say to this challenge
Well Done.
Test Subject
#178 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 2:40 AM
More questions-water is supposed to do cooking, cleaning, and repair, but the only skill she is supposed to learn is cooking. Can't repair and not skill. And if she is supposed to be the main cook, why are the recipe books given to Air? After looking at everyones lots on here and learning what would work better, I want to start over. LOL
Test Subject
#179 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 2:23 PM
Just started the 11th and allready loss. My fire sim had son Luke who is a child now, son Chris who is a toddler, and twin girls, May and Kay. But my earth sim took to long in finding and growing life fruit and only caught one death fish. So the older sister, air ate ambrosia just in the nick of time. But at last could not catch any more death fish in time before the other two aged up to adult. I do like the challenge, it is harder then one might think though. I don't know if I will go on with them or just quit? I think I will keep playing for a while though I have lost.
Test Subject
#180 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 9:22 PM
So since the fire sim can't leave the house when she's pregnant, how come she can't go get a massage when he back hurts? Also, I think the kids should be able to get a job once they become teens and when they become young aduts, they can get a job, start their career, and move out. How come they fire sims kids cant have a job once old enough?
Lab Assistant
#181 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 2:16 AM
I found it tooo hard to read ALL the toddler books to my toddlers. Could it just be like, 3 books maybe?
Test Subject
#182 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 5:17 PM
Hey! Great challenge, but does the lot have to be small?
Test Subject
#183 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 5:23 PM Last edited by katintheholleybush : 12th Jun 2015 at 5:26 PM. Reason: I realised that i had misread something
if you find it a little bit too hard can you send the children to boarding school?
Test Subject
#184 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by justjazzy25
So since the fire sim can't leave the house when she's pregnant, how come she can't go get a massage when he back hurts? Also, I think the kids should be able to get a job once they become teens and when they become young aduts, they can get a job, start their career, and move out. How come they fire sims kids cant have a job once old enough?

I think they can get a job but they have to move out so the sisters don't get the money
Test Subject
#185 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RainbowCupcake
Hey! Great challenge, but does the lot have to be small?

I don't think it has to be the 20 x 30
So what if its bigger? Lot size doesn't really affect gameplay
Test Subject
#186 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 4:35 PM
Okay here are my sims, I've only really started and I'm on the first child which is in it's child stage
Screenshots
Test Subject
#187 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 7:16 PM
Can't wait to try it out, though the challenges seem really hard
P.S. I might be a little late to this party
My sisters:
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#188 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 4:41 PM
Can't wait to read your story ^
Test Subject
#189 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 2:00 AM
I've decided to have a go at this!
My fire sim, Ignis.

My air sim, Aeris.

My earth sim, Terra.

And my water sim, Aqua.

(If you couldn't tell, their names are just their element in Latin
Their last name is Tempore, which is latin for time, which I felt was fitting since they plan to defy time by reversing their aging.)
This is their house from afar.

Earth section

Air section

Fire section

And the water section

I haven't actually started the run yet (I spent pretty much the entire day setting up), but I can already tell it's gonna be fun!
Test Subject
#190 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 6:44 AM Last edited by Don Babilon : 27th Dec 2015 at 9:05 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 4936186, 4936187, 4936188
this challenge is awesome

i love this idea

this whole thing is sooo cool
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#191 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 9:06 AM
@noahthedancer, please do not triple post. Look at my comment in your other thread.
Test Subject
#192 Old 1st Jan 2016 at 6:55 PM Last edited by salem2014 : 1st Jan 2016 at 10:25 PM.
I like the challenge, never before had none. Just I start it I made 4 sisters I have called fire= Atenea; Earth= Gaia; wind=Eolia y water= Xana.
As home I used a lot done Ofelia villa family, section view this is the download link http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=567298
I have restored following the rules. The sister fire still has no children, he is learning hablilidades, all learners have bought almost every book.
¿They can be raised or coffin bonehilda? ¿ they can learn several instruments? :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc
Screenshots
Test Subject
#193 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 2:08 AM
Just curious before i begin playing, is it okay to add any extra things? Like a rocking chair for the toddlers for instance?
Test Subject
#194 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 7:31 AM
I actually gave this one a try years ago but never did it and kept restarting, so this is my real play through

This was one of my favorite challenges because it always was so interesting and hard but still fun and enjoyable

I made my sims and named them after mythological people, their last name is Theos

My fire sister, Freya Theos, born with the power of fertility and represents fire, fertility and passion.

My water sister, Scylla Theos, born with the power of swiftness and represents water, family, and patience.

My air sister, Nox Theos, born with the power of wisdom and represents air, wisdom and knowledge (and common sense but sims don't have that :/)

My earth sister, Terra Theos, born with the power of endurance and represents earth, power and nature.

I made the house look apartment like and they're all connected even at the second floor through the small passage way.
Entire house

Rooftop (Cuz I didn't have room for some of the stuff that was supposed to be put):

Fire:

I made hers have that small hipster, bar, coffee house type aesthetic cuz it fits her.
Air:

I made hers look a bit greek and sleek and clean to represent what her personality is and where they come from.
Earth:

Her first floor is like a gym to some extent but her bedroom has a nature, tropical, rain forest type feel to it.
Water:

I got lazy :/ I spent three days in prep work so don't judge me. She has a small normal house feel which is mostly empty since I decorate according to personality, the top floor is a nursery and the basement is a bunch of empty rooms for the kids. She's the only one with a room that't not an entire floor. Poor her.

I bent the rules a bit and gave the earth sister a TV cuz sims get really board easily. I also added stereos to the earth house gym along with a backyard with lots of kid stuff.

The story is basically that they are descendants of the Sunset Valley Sisters, they all have god like qualities and their main goal is to rule over the sim world with their legacy.

I have two goals:
- To have a set of sisters in every world
- To populate the entire area of Riverview

I changed the rules like the boy/girlfriend rule and changed it to be optional and give an extra point, BFF deadline is second week (I'll change the lifespan), air sister teaches talking and walking and water potty trains, I also changed the sister's traits a bit. Water got nurturing, air got artistic and photographers eye, and earth got loves the heat, also teens can get part time jobs.
Lab Assistant
#195 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 8:35 PM
I had started this challenge some time back, on a previous machine. I've been eager to try it again with the new installation, and finally found time for some experiments.

I am fascinated by the genetics in the game, and love to play around with them -- when will they mimic real life and when will they clearly not? I wondered if I could use CAS to create four Sims that looked like siblings but were not simply clones with different hair. Then I had my original Four Sisters concepts, much of which I wanted to recreate (like, Fire Sister has dark auburn hair and special orange eyes, and Water Sister has wavy black hair etc). So made two parent Sims in CAS, who would only be used to generate the four sisters. Gave them distinctly different faces (although both attractive to my eye), and made "Mom" extremely pale-skinned and -haired, and "Dad" extremely dark-skinned and -haired. And when CAS started randomly generating my intended characters, only requiring slight tweaks of hair or eye color, I figured it was a good sign. So were born the four Eterne sisters.

The fact that I belatedly realized they're not actually sisters, they just play such in game, is not really relevant at the moment. Their backstory to be revealed later, as I can get it written up.

Fire: Apollonia Eterne

Water: Tethys Eterne, pondering the fact that the sink got broken while she was fixing the dishwasher!

Air: Urania Eterne

Earth: Demetra Eterne

I hadn't played Moonlight Falls for a while, and the theme of that town fit nicely with the challenge concept. Had trouble finding a 20 x 30 lot. Nothing empty was the right size. Finally razed the house on an unoccupied lot. Which was right next to the cemetery. Demetra finds that convenient when it's time to stock up on deathfish.

Front:

Back, with Demetra's garden:

Apollonia's rooms are red, Tethys' are blue, Urania's are yellow and Demetra's are green. Given the different amount of "stuff" that each sister has, I didn't bother giving them the same amount of space. Even now, I think I may remodel and have Urania give up some space to Apollonia.

First floor:

Second floor:

I love seeing the tweaks to a challenge that other people make. Here are some of mine.

First, I use the NRaas story progression mods, which I feel do a better job of running NPCs than EA's. So once, say, an offspring's traits and LTW are set, they often will get an appropriate job and logical mate and family after they've moved out. I pretty much threw out the friend and girlfriend/boyfriend requirements on the kids.

The sisters' various roles are fairly close to the original specification. But as noted, if Tethys of Water is going to be doing the repairs, she will skill up in Handiness. Fine, let her master it. Late Night came out after this challenge was first posted, so there are now more musical instruments available. I've been adding them to Apollonia of Fire's repertoire. I let Urania of Air and Demetra of Earth help out with the very young children also -- Urania will teach them to talk and Demetra will teach them to walk, if Tethys is pressed for time (like if there are twins!).

I made the largest adjustments to Urania. To me, Air is the element of the mind, the intellect. She is already the keeper of knowledge and their librarian. Let her be a scientist too. She loves chess, and plays often with the kids. She studies astronomy -- see the telescope on the deck in her section. She also studies geology, and goes out to collect rocks and minerals.

Also found some fixes for the Stir Crazy moodlet that are harmonious to the story and don't need that Mood Manager thingie. Urania gets out and about on her rock-hunting trips. Tethys goes swimming -- the house is easy walking distance from the river and from the ocean beach. I also have Generations, so if there's tiny children in the house, Tethys will take them for a stroll.
Lab Assistant
#196 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 12:04 AM
@Colinial: I love the urban, geometric style of your sisters' place. I hesitate to call it a "house". It does have the feel of an apartment complex. Good job!
Test Subject
#197 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 8:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Suncat
@Colinial: I love the urban, geometric style of your sisters' place. I hesitate to call it a "house". It does have the feel of an apartment complex. Good job!

Thanks! I've actually made several houses for the sisters but this one is my favorite. I've tried different styles and concepts from individual unique houses to boxes connected by bridges in both TS3 and 4 before settling with the apartment complex feel that I have now.

I too like your house, I actually never thought of the idea of having a single house and separate it.

I love your sims also btw , though I always make the joke "Why the long face everytime I see your air sister"
Test Subject
#198 Old 11th May 2017 at 5:20 AM
Hi! I have a question for you. I'm a writter (or I'm trying to) and I actually love the challenge plot... So I was thinking if you don't mind to give me the opportunity to make a story (I mean, a book) based on your challenge...

I hope you let me, and I'll wait for your answer
Test Subject
#199 Old 19th May 2017 at 11:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tigger89
@tairourou - You can randomize the LTWs by going into the trait selection window and going out again. With the trait build I gave above, she has 2-3 that stay the same, and the rest are random. I just randomized them until she rolled one I could do(renneisance(sp?) sim). It would be a bit difficult for her to write novels, because a computer isn't allowed on the lot(I hate my sims becoming loser couch/desk potatos, so I like to make houses without computers or tvs).

I think you can choose a LTW freely,no idea if it requires a specific EP though (I got them all and SPs too, lol).

Happy Simming none the less!!
Test Subject
#200 Old 19th May 2017 at 8:01 PM Last edited by TaikaJamppa : 19th May 2017 at 8:01 PM. Reason: no reason
About to start this... Currently loading Moonlight Falls. Can hardly wait!!!!

Disclaimer: I do own every EP and SP, but personally HATE World Adventures, so I will play without it... I suppose the sisters can be witches as well as any other supernatural sim? I got a plantsim in store for one...
Page 8 of 9