Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 12:22 AM Last edited by Nouk : 11th Sep 2006 at 9:54 AM.
Default .smd export/import causes extreme shading
Hi guys!

I usually use the .smd exporter and importer for bodymeshes made with Unimesh, with no trouble at all. I do that to add bumpmapping.
But this time, some extreme shading and lighting effects occur after this is done.

I've tried exporting it in Bodyshop, since it might snap it back, but it did not work.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Big kis from Nouk

*edit* Added picture.

Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 3:54 PM
Nouk, did you replace the bumpmap texture? I had the same exact issue happen, as well as a darker tone with weird reflections on the body only, due to wrong texture formats for the normal map (it should be RAW8bits if I remember well). The issue won't show as long as the mesh isn't bumpmap-enabled.

Marvine and Beosboxboy at InSIMenator.net and Gay Sims Club 2
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 11:09 PM
Holy wow! That fixes it! Thank you very much! *huggle*

Is there a way for you to have the same quality as DXT, though? 8bitRaw really breaks down the quality... but beggars can't be choosers, can't they?

Please visit WickedNoukFamily Forum for my creations.
Can't take requests, I'm completely swamped with unfinished projects! :O
Instructor
#4 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 7:46 AM
Glad I could help!

You can still use DXT for the main texture, the bumpmap one doesn't need the same level of detail anyway.

Marvine and Beosboxboy at InSIMenator.net and Gay Sims Club 2