Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2008 at 3:26 PM
(Mesh) see no change in bodyshop
I made a new mesh in milkshape, it looked all nice, but I saw no change in bodyshop, after I've exported it and replaced the gmdc file in SimPe.

I wonder if this happens when something goes wrong in the beginning, with SimPE files, or is it something I might have done wrong in Milkshape?

I am making a separate mesh, a top.
I used a maxis top and after going trough the usual things with Simpe, I imported it in milkshape, and then imported another whole body mesh in milkshape to take the top from it. Of course I deleted everything else on that second body. On my first original I left the waist and arms and such. So I only combined the shape of the top, so I would have a wider, and a bit longer separate teen top. It looks good in milkshape, and I really checked everything.

I didn't find any tutorial on how to make separates, so I just played with it, thought it would come out like it should.

Is there a difference in using the SimPE and all this when making a separate mesh?

Thank you very much for your help!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 2:11 AM
A few things you should check on:

One, if you made a clone in SimPE, and you did not specify not to reference the original GMDC, the item will be linked to the game GMDC.

Be sure that the GMDC you put in SimPE has the correct name, or that otherwise you use Fix Integirty to make sure it is properly linked in. Also, if you are not making a replacement item, make sure you have a new GUID for the top.

Last thing to check is that you have deleted the accessory.cache file. I have had trouble in the past with the game reading the old item from the cache instead of the new one. The game will regenerate this file, but as it does so the item will be reread from disk, and your changes will get loaded.

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 1:51 PM
Thank you so much!!!!
I'll start over and be more careful this time! I'll check those things out!!