Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 11:22 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons
I have a problem with some necklaces. When I click on mirror and choose "change appearance" and put on sim necklace, everything is fine. But when I click "ok" and order sim to do sth, the necklace is gone, and is replace by the weird looking blue square. I have installed base, university and pets. What causes necklace freak out??

Don't take no time unless there's a crime to be committed
I guess we lost our faith while we stand and wait until nothing ever happens...
I know... I know... I know it's not that easy...
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#2 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 11:36 AM
I split your post separate from the other thread because it was off topic for a thread dealing with crashes caused by objects.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 11:38 AM
This is happening immediately after you change appearance... or after you come back into the lot? It sounds like the former, but if it's the latter (or you're getting it in that situation too) that's, err, well, normal - a known issue with Pets and accessories that we sincerely hoped they would have fixed in the patch, but apparently not...

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 10:28 PM
I am having that problem, too. I was wondering if somehow something in the Pets EP overwrote the mesh file for the necklaces, but it sounds like it's just the game, itself.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Feb 2007 at 6:59 AM
Well, it happens after I change appearance, and after I leave the lot. Now I describe the example (which really happened yesterday): I put on my sim the necklace. Fine. Then, she went into a community lot, AND, she no longer had her necklace, but only the blue square. After a little shoping, whe went into other community lot, and necklace looked normal again! After she spent some time in this lot, she moved to another community lot, and problem with blue square returned. Finally, she got home and everything was normal again.... well... I never thought the game wolud behave so fiddly!
And final question: is there any way to work out this problem?

world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#6 Old 7th Feb 2007 at 7:26 AM
Basically, no, not really. Changing appearance after it's flashing generally fixes it, but this is just a Pets thing - Maxis and custom accessories both will do this (mostly the Maxis vampire fangs - haven't heard of their glasses doing it). There's no known permanent fix. Change appearance will just do it temporarily - and unpredictably, as you have seen in your experience, but... that's the one temporary fix option at this point.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Feb 2007 at 9:40 AM
Ok, anyway thank you for help in any way you could, HP