Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 2:08 PM
Default Weird catalog names
I assume I am in the right section of the forum, and I also assume someone has probably run into this error before....

The problem I had ALL FREAKING NIGHT (lol) was with catalog names and descriptions showing up all screwy. The catalog name would be a bunch of numbers, and the description didn't show up and it had a few characters in it's place.

I tried recloning, cleaning the cache, re-packing (for 3 hours straight) and re-s3oc'ing and it still would have weird descriptions.

I have a roof pack I would like to get up a.s.a.p. but I can't upload it with these screwed up descriptions, anybody have any ideas?

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 3:10 PM
I managed to fix this by editing the Unique IDS but it seems strange, I couldn't use simple ID names like "Hana_Tan_5", it seems to me, there must not be any files in the game using this ID, obviously, so anybody have any clue as to why these names wouldn't work while other ones did (I had to resort to using browntan5 as a unique ID :p)
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 3:38 PM
I think you may not have the latest version of s3oc, or you made your content in an old version initially and did not check "make unique" was ticked.

What happened in older versions is that if you didn't take your object through the second stage (the make unique, or renumber), the string files would have the same number as the original string files and therefore override them with your custom strings - of which you would only have the ones for your own object. So all the other game content would just have those funny numbers.

Try getting the newest S3OC cloner and then take your package back through the tool to renumber. With any luck that will save you having to start over.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 5:42 PM
Thank you for your help inge, you are right I was using an older version!
Test Subject
#5 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 8:46 PM
There is also an issue if you have named your actual file with a number included, like sag-painting2 instead of sag-paintingtwo that this will happen. It also happens when you use numbers in the description and name section.

For Sims 3 Paintings - SimsArtGallery
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 2:25 AM
Really? I named some of my other packages with numbers and put numbers in the unique ID and it didn't matter...that's strange
Test Subject
#7 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 2:47 AM
Well, I also run it on a 64bit platform. That may be the diff. I really don't know. Some things that work for some don't work for me.

For Sims 3 Paintings - SimsArtGallery
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#8 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 8:52 AM
SimsArtGallery, I think you may be mistaken about the connection between using numbers in your name and the phenomenon reported by Tammy Trauma. Maybe when you thought that was happening, you had also forgotten to do the "make unique" phase and it was just coincidence.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)