Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 3:56 PM
Default object id
Hi,

I was wondering how to figure out an object's object id. I'm not sure which numbers I should be looking for, or where I should be looking for them.

Any help would be appreciated.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 12:42 AM
Do you mean the unique name the object has? If so you can find that using s3oc. Just open the object and hit the clone or fix button on the right hand near the bottom. On the left you should see something like this:

Then you just hit the cancel button since you just want the id and don't want to change anything.

If this isn't what you mean could you be more specific about what you're looking for?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 2:38 AM
I was reading something that referred to an object id or objectId and was baffled as to whether it was the name, similar to what you suggested, or one of the endless lines of numbers I see in s3oc.

I'll have to find the reference again since my pc spontaneously restarted itself and took the site I was browsing with it, but thank you, that will be a good start!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 8:06 AM
I think that will be the Instance ID of the OBJD resource.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)