Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 6:44 AM
Default Can anyone help me create a sims 3 baseball jersey?
I'd need help with the mesh only and maybe how to open that new mesh into delphy's CTU. I already know the rest. Help appreciated. I found someone had a couple jerseys for sims 2 but there's none for sims 3 users. Sorry if I posted in the wrong forum but I've been surfing trough every option possible without any luck. Thanks.

Hmm, I guess I've figured out the opening into CTU thing. Would it be possible just to throw the mesh into the "casparts" folder inside the application folder?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 6:56 AM
This is the forum you need.

http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=602

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Eminence Grise
#3 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 8:58 AM
THread moved
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 6:20 AM
Ok. In the wake of inactivity on this thread let me rephrase that. If I create a mesh for that object in 3dsmax, can anyone tell me how to put it on sims 3?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 10:12 AM
In CTU there is a tab called 'Meshes'. You just go onto that screen and input your mesh details in the boxes provided. However, this is aimed at people who use Milkshape, for which there is a plugin specifically for TS3 which saves the mesh in .simgeom format. I don't think such a plugin exists for 3dsmax. I'm not a meshing expert, but I guess you'd need to save your 3dsmax mesh in .obj format, import it into Milkshape with the TS3 plugins installed, and export it as a TS3 .simgeom. The plugins for Milkshape are here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=357403 . When you've imported your mesh into Milkshape, you export it via the plugin as, for instance, 'jerseyLOD1.simgeom.' You then need to go back and create two more reduced-poly meshes from your LOD1, the first one consisting of half the polys of the original and the second one a quarter polys of the original, and export them, as jerseyLOD2.simgeom and jerseyLOD3.simgeom. Then input these into the 'Meshes' screen in CTU.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 12:15 AM
Default Thanks
Quote: Originally posted by EsmeraldaF
In CTU there is a tab called 'Meshes'. You just go onto that screen and input your mesh details in the boxes provided. However, this is aimed at people who use Milkshape, for which there is a plugin specifically for TS3 which saves the mesh in .simgeom format. I don't think such a plugin exists for 3dsmax. I'm not a meshing expert, but I guess you'd need to save your 3dsmax mesh in .obj format, import it into Milkshape with the TS3 plugins installed, and export it as a TS3 .simgeom. The plugins for Milkshape are here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=357403 . When you've imported your mesh into Milkshape, you export it via the plugin as, for instance, 'jerseyLOD1.simgeom.' You then need to go back and create two more reduced-poly meshes from your LOD1, the first one consisting of half the polys of the original and the second one a quarter polys of the original, and export them, as jerseyLOD2.simgeom and jerseyLOD3.simgeom. Then input these into the 'Meshes' screen in CTU.

Thank you very much EsmeraldaF I'll try that. I tried once to edit a mesh in Milkshape but it went really wrong. I got the app and the plugin but I'll redownload them in case of any update I could be missing.