Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 8:08 PM
Destiny was hitting them around her with her staff. she saw Ella fall but then saw Nely'na help her so she continued to fight. Nely'na ran off because she couldn't see much. Destiny,Ella and Khaliana took them down then found Nely'na. she didn't look so good so they took her back to the camp. Ella and Destiny tried to find out what was wrong with her. they didn't know a thing because Nely'na couldn't speak. after awhile they just decided to let Nely'na sleep and they went outside. Destiny went to some trees and gathered sticks and vines. she made a little shape frmed of twigs and started to hit 9it with her staff. "training?" asked Ella "yeah." Destiny responded not looking away or stopping. after that the 3 others went to sleep. though day and they were tired from trying to find out what was wrong with Nely'na.

Challenges:
- ISBI (Sylvarlotte)
- Wishacy: (Odette)
- Do It As You Go (Cas)
-Perfect Genetics (Alyssa)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 3:56 PM
The healer slowly blinked, clearing the sleep out of her eyes. Had she passed out?
"Oh, moon," she moaned quietly, holding her aching head. As her vision came into focus, she saw that she was on a bed pallet, and there was a fire. Back at camp...
Ella looked when she saw the healer wake. "Hey, are you alright?" she asked.
"Yes...I think. What happened?" Nely'na asked.
"You healed me...and then passed out. Is that...normal? I mean, you seemed to be fine when you healed Khali," Ella pointed.
"That is because I had not used up my energy beforehand. I knew that that would likely happened when I saw you fall. But simply binding the wound would not work," Nely'na replied.
"Then...this isn't the first time this happened?" Ella asked.
"It is the first time in a very long time. I simply need to conserve my magic more carefully from now on. Did you find anything in the clearing?" she asked.
"We found...something, though I'm sure how much good this would do us," Ella said, handing the healer a stone tablet.
As soon as it touched her hand, it sent a jolt of electricity through her body. It started cackling with weak energy. Nely'na could feel an enchantment on this.
"This," she explained, "is a talisman. When there were more magic-wielders among my people, they made these for protection or to fight with. The three jagged lines and the one straight connecting them all represent a storm...it holds a lightning enchantment. It is weak, however. Who knows how long it has been sitting there?"
"Could we strengthen it, somehow?" Ella asked.
"I am...not sure. There are so few magic-users left, and even less information on those who came before. However, I believe that if we can find enough of these, they may make us a match for the monsters," she said.
"Then we have somewhere to start. We can tell the others in morning and set out to find more. If I'm right, then the monsters are guarding these," Ella guessed.
"Sounds like a plan."
Test Subject
#78 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 10:10 PM
Name:Angelica Hale
Job: Explorer
Weapons: dagger, crossbow
Creature: vampire
Looks: she has blood-red hair and green eyes and is very pale and beautiful.
Bio: Angelica has been a vampire for 7 years and is an expert explorer in the Amazon.
Test Subject
#79 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 10:11 PM
Angelica strolls in, keeping on guard in case someone jumps out behind her.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 4:11 PM
Nely'na heard a twig snap nearby.The healer stiffened, and this didn't go unnoticed by Ella. She sensed dark magic of a different kind, and realized that it wasn't a monster.
"What's wrong?" Ella asked.
"...nothing. It has been a long day. I thought I heard something," Nely'na responded.
Looking beyond her worried companion, she could faintly make out a shadow among the trees. As soon as the shadow became aware of her watching it, it fled.
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 6:19 PM
Destiny looked at Nely'na, she seemed worried. very worried, almost too much. Destiny slowly drew her staff, looking out among the trees. then Destiny heard it, twigs. quietly snapping every few seconds. what was there? Destiny certainly couldn't see it. it might just be some animal for all she knew. no, it cant be or Nely'na wouldn't be so worried. they decided to go to sleep anyways. they all were alert, even when asleep.

Challenges:
- ISBI (Sylvarlotte)
- Do It As You Go (Cas)
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 5:51 PM
Nely'na was greeted by the sight of the mysterious woman when she finally fell asleep.
"Congratulations on forming a plan. From here, it shall be easier," she said in her many voices.
"Why help? Why does it matter to you if we succeed?" Nely'na asked.
The woman was silent for a while, seeming to consider her words. Finally, she began again. "Because...I miss my brother."
What does that mean? Nely'na wondered.
Suddenly, the vision fell away, and Nely'na woke up. Was she losing her mind?
Inventor
#83 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 6:22 PM
Khaliana, however, couldn't sleep. She knew there was something - or someone - out there in the forest. She couldn't see it, but it was there. She could sense it.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 3:40 PM
Destiny was barley asleep. she was half-asleep to be exact. she was spooked by the quietest crack of a stick. she wanted to have her dad back. she wanted her mom here with her, hugging her. but she was convinced that her mother was dead, too. she just wished and hoped that everyone was okay when she fled from school but now she knows her mother's not coming back. she wiped the thought from her mind and tried to get some sleep. but she was too scared. in the morning, Destiny got up, she couldn't sleep, she had layed there all night. but she got up and looked around. she wanted to find it, and then kill it. it was too creepy. it had been there watching the girl's all night. but Destiny knew it was hidden well, too well. she heard a tent start to shake and she whipped her body around about to start bashing the tent. then she saw Ella was just getting up out of her tent . they sat near their fire and talked about some stuff, like their parents.

Challenges:
- ISBI (Sylvarlotte)
- Do It As You Go (Cas)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#85 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 4:41 PM
Ella slide out of her tent making her way to the fire. She watched as the flames danced in the air. She saw Destiny. Ella smiled, then she got up. She looked up at the full moon. Maybe she could get some answers. Did her sister just send them on a wild goose chase for nothing? Ella pulled up her hair into a ponytail. "I'll be back soon.." She assured them. "Wait Ella where are you go-" Ella dashed back to her sister's grave before Destiny could ask her where she was going. Ella sat down near the grave. Surely Scarlet would come.. right? Ella questioned her self but still waited for a spirit. When Scarlet showed up... 4 shadows engulfed her sorrow looking spirit. "Scarlet!" Ella cried. She grabbed the handles of her katanas trying to defeat them. "Nely'na! Destiny!" She cried for help. She could see a cold blue light shining in the middle of her fight. It was the spirit of Scarlet now trapped unable to give her the answers she needed. She could see Nely'na and Destiny, Khali too. More shadows came but then formed them selves into the beast they were going to have to defeat. "Oh no." Ella readied her self for the upcoming battle and her possible death.
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 3:29 PM
Nely'na pushed herself up at her friend's worried cry, grabbing her staff. She was not too far away.
As she drew nearer, she was almost knocked down by the dark energy that the beast was emitting. Then she remembered. The talisman!
The healer fished the worn stone out of her pouch. An incantation formed on her lips, even before she realized that she was saying the words. When she was done, the previously weak talisman came alive.
Her companions looked at her, then the talisman, then back at her again.
Nely'na snapped the talisman into her staff, bolts of lightning weaving their way around the carved wood.
And so began another fight for their lives.
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 1:37 AM
Destiny grabbed her staff running up next to Nely'na. the girls saw the shadows and the ghost girl trapped inside. then they saw Ella. was she, no she cant be.. crying? Destiny was more worried about Ella than the Shadows. Destiny began to run faster. she went straight up to a shadow and bashed it in the head. it fell and the other Shadows turned and looked at Destiny. then they saw Khaliana and Nely'na too. the girls fought and hoped not to die.

(sorry for not posting for a bit, family Drama n' stuff :l )

Challenges:
- ISBI (Sylvarlotte)
- Do It As You Go (Cas)
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 3:32 PM
(understood...we all post at our own pace, here...and can't dedicate 24/7 to this place, anyways)

Nely'na, seeing the ghost, and Ella's crying, knew that this would be a delicate matter. Ice doesn't work on shadows; lightning may not, either. However, judging by Destiny's own use of the staff, blunt force worked just fine. The healer climbed into a tree, hoping to pounce on top of them. She dived into the fray, spinning around like a top, bringing her staff around with her. One of the shadows finally disappeared.
"How nice of you to join us," Destiny called over the din of battle.
"It is not like I can just freeze them all, you know," Nely'na remarked, bringing her staff around to hit another one.
"Seriously, though, if we get out of this alive, you'll have to show me how to do that little spinny trick of yours," Destiny replied, whacking one of them near her over what they assumed was their heads.
"We will get out; we always do," Nely'na pointed out, dodging one of the shadow's clawed hands.
"Uh, guys? I think we'd be killing more of these things if there was less talking, more fighting?" Khali called, giving one of the shadows a roundhouse-style kick.
Suddenly, all of the shadows disappeared at once, leaving only the ghost girl.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#89 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 8:59 PM
Ella looked at her sister, who had fallen to her knees, like she was real. She stood up her ghostly eyes staring at the girls. "I'm sorry." Scarlet whispered. She stood. "No...no...no no no." Ella fell to her own knees. "Scarlet what are you talking about!!!!!" Ella placing her hands on her head. The girls looked at Ella & Scarlet confused. "Ella, what's going on?" Scarlet looked towards them. "Listen..... It's been 5 years since Ella had seen me alive... it may have been my fault all this happened." Ella looked at her sister. "And now I'm dead, now i'm talking to you. I can't help you fight, or help with anything else." Ella stood up walking towards her sister. "Though it's not my time, to really be dead. This was not my fate. There was a purpose I'm a spirit talking to you." The girls stared in question. Scarlet soon left, not wanting to speak any more. Ella stared at the pond, placing her boots in the water. fish spun around her shoes while she was thinking. "Ella who was that?" Destiny questioned. Ella kicked small rocks in the water... "It was Scarlet.. m-m-my sister."
Inventor
#90 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 8:20 AM
Khaliana asked Ella, "Your sister...what did she say? I saw an image of my sister earlier as well, but it turned out to just be another of those creatures. I don't want to discourage you, but..."

Khali couldn't finish the sentence. She just couldn't tell Ella not to trust the image of her sister. Even though Khaliana and her own sister were estranged, she did not know if the same was true about Ella...and she could not in good conscience tell her not to trust family.

Lab Assistant
#91 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 12:32 PM
Destiny just stood there in shock. she stared at Ella with her mouth wide open. she soon realized her mouth was open and shut it quickly. then Destiny remembered her father. tears began to swell up in her eyes. then Khaliana spoke. Destiny thought that couldn't be Ella's sister, it was a shadow. or was it? Destiny didn't care , all the memories of her father fled back into her mind. she broke down. Destiny curled up into a ball and began to weep. the girls were looking at Ella and Destiny hoped they wouldn't see her cry. but Nely'na noticed. "Destiny, what's wrong?" she asked then the girls all looked at her. "I-I-I remembered my father. I don't know why but I just did , he died before all this happened." the girl's took Ella back to camp and hoped to get more answers to what had just happened.

Challenges:
- ISBI (Sylvarlotte)
- Do It As You Go (Cas)
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 3:39 PM
Nely'na pondered the words of each girl as they walked. They had all seen a dead relative--or at least, an illusion of one, yet she had not. There was that strange spirit woman that visited her dreams from time to time, but Nely'na could say for certain that she had never met her before they embarked on this quest. Did the spirits of the dead not visit elves? Or was it simply because she could wield magic? What made her different?
She was puzzling this long after they started a fire, long after everybody else had gone to bed. Maybe it was better that she didn't see the dead...but a part of her felt jealous. They had all lost loved ones to this conflict, what made them so special? Was this a sign that she should have stayed with her tribe?
It always came back to that. She knows that what they are attempting to do is for the betterment of the world, including the tribe...but every time she thinks of home, she feels as though she abandoned her people.
All of these thoughts were extreme selfish, she knew; but she couldn't help but think them.
Eventually, Nely'na slipped into a troubled sleep.
Inventor
#93 Old 30th Jul 2013 at 9:12 PM
((Does Nely'na have any deceased family members to see spirits of? If so, what happened to them?))

Lab Assistant
#94 Old 31st Jul 2013 at 10:57 PM
((I try to elude to the fact that Nely'na is technically an orphan...heh, I should probably blame that one on myself. I knew if it were me, like, physically ME in this situation, though, I'd be whiny and jealous, too, because i have a hard time remembering that the world doesn't revolve around me :P))
Inventor
#95 Old 1st Aug 2013 at 1:34 AM
((All right. I was going to have a dream sequence where Khali sees what happened to her sister. I was wondering what happened to Nely'na's family because it might be the same thing...))

Lab Assistant
#96 Old 2nd Aug 2013 at 4:19 PM
((We'll see, won't we?))
Inventor
#97 Old 3rd Aug 2013 at 2:11 AM
Khaliana had a troubled night. She could not shake the feeling that maybe the monster she slew that had taken the guise of her sister...maybe it was her sister? Even though they had fought many times in her own adopted homeworld...she couldn't have killed her sister, could she?

Finally, she fell asleep. But her sleep was no less troubled than wakefulness was. She dreamt of the last hours of her world...of the time the shadowy creatures came in force.

Quote: Originally posted by Khaliana's dream
Khaliana and her sister fought together, for the first time in years. Every time one fell, two more appeared. It was hopeless.

All of Khaliana's friends had died. It was just her and her sister against millions of creatures.

Suddenly, a creature broke through the sisters' defenses. It went straight for Khali's sister...and struck.

"No...Sis...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

The last person that Khaliana truly cared about was now dead. She was now truly alone.

Lab Assistant
#98 Old 3rd Aug 2013 at 4:59 PM
Nely'na hid in the trees, watching her clansmen from a distance. She was never big on socializing, which made her a bit of an oddity within the camp.
Suddenly, there was a noise from behind her, like the rustling of the wind in the trees, though not quite. She turned around abruptly, almost falling from the high branch before a hand caught hers.
Her mother's eyes were kind, and she brought her girl to her chest.
"Now, what's my moon child doing all the way up here? Why aren't you playing with the other children?" she asked warmly.
The sun warmed her exposed arms as big eyes looked up to the woman the small elf child admired most.
"I don't want to, Mother. It looks boring," Nely'na answered honestly.
"And watching them from this tree is more fun?" her mother asked.
"Here I can feel the sun beyond the leaves in the trees. I like it," she explained avidly.
Suddenly, the sun lost its brilliance and slowly began dimming. Nely'na's mother tightened her arms around her young daughter. Then, beasts, the likes off which nobody in the tribe had ever seen before, emerged in the small clearing. The young girl started shaking.
"Mother?"
"Yes, dear?"
"What are those?" the young elf asked, barely above a whisper.
"I have no clue. Go and find your father. Hurry," the woman bade, taking her bow from her back.
Nely'na didn't want to leave her mother alone. What was happening?
"Nely'na, go. Run!" she ordered.
The small child hugged her mother fiercely, then jumped from limb to limb, searching for her father. When she found him, he was in the middle of a battle. Nely'na dropped from the trees, trying to help in some way. However, someone grabbed her from behind, one hand around her small torso, one covering her mouth.
The small child wriggled and squirmed, trying to get out of the stranger's grasp. She reached for her father as the beasts took him. The girl started crying, even after her father was well out of sight.
Nely'na woke with a start, half expecting to be back with her tribe as a little girl again. However, when she looked around, she was greeted by her small group's campsite. She really hated that dream.
"You were thrashing rather hard in your sleep," came a voice from beside her, "Are you alright?"
Nely'na jumped nearly ten feet in the air, and grabbed her staff when see saw the figure before her.
"I know your tricks, beast," she whispered, careful not to wake the others.
"Come now, my moon child, is that any way to greet your mother?"
"No...no, you're gone. This...this is a trick...or an illusion...or both. Go away!" Nely'na commanded the spirit.
The spirit of her mother seemed to exude an aura of sadness, but did eventually fade. The wind rustled around her as it happened.
What was the world coming to?
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 4th Aug 2013 at 12:40 PM
Destiny was next to Nely'na, they all were. Nely'na had been screaming,crying and trashing in her sleep. then Nely'na woke up and was still acting wired. the girls stayed by her the rest of the night and when Nely'na woke up they were right next to her. "w-what happened?" she questioned them. "you had a bad dream." Ella answered. the girls got up and looked saw that there was light in the distance. "umm, Ella? w-what is that?" Destiny asked. "i think that's a a f-flashlight." the girls got up drew there weapons and hid in the creek behind their camp. they saw a group of people walking by and they didn't seem mean. "Hello?" the leader called. Destiny made a bird noise and two little girls ran down to the creek. "Daddy! Daddy! we found them!" the little girls called. they looked about 4 or so. the 6 crawled out of the muddy creek and examined each other. the group looked nice, but you cant trust everyone now. the girls sat down at the fire and stared at the others. the group refused to leave and so did our group. so we decide to share for a little since there would be much more protection. the girls set up a tent for most of the new group and all crammed themselves in one tent. then Ella and Destiny went to help out while Nely'na and Khaliana went to learn about all the others. it took all day and they stayed up watching for any movement if it be from the forest or from one of the tents. they wanted to keep the others safe now, it was their job. or it was for now. so they kept watch and made sure everyone was safe.

Challenges:
- ISBI (Sylvarlotte)
- Do It As You Go (Cas)
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 4th Aug 2013 at 4:58 PM
Many of the newcomers had an illness or injury to take care of. Nely'na's work was cut out for her, and it was a distraction from the past couple of days. A few of them eyed her warily, perhaps because she was an elf, but she did not mind.
She fell into the role naturally, almost feeling like she was back at home, tending to her tribesmen. The change wasn't lost on the other girls.
"You seem to be much happier now. Why the sudden change?" Ella asked her one day.
"Have you ever longed for stability since starting this quest?"
"I guess I never really thought about it. I was too busy trying to survive."
Nely'na gave her a small smile, then looked out onto the darkened horizon. It was their watch time, after all.
Suddenly, a freezing tendril of magic caressed her spine, sending goosebumps across her body.
"What? Do you see something?" Ella asked.
"Feel it. Something is not right here..." Nely'na trailed, scanning her surroundings for anything out of place.
Suddenly, shades emerged from the trees.
Nely'na sent a flare of fire into the night, signalling that they were under attack.
Page 4 of 5