Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 8:49 PM
Default Sync Every Music Player With Venue Wall Speakers
So I'm this close to making this work. I've used Sims 4 Studio to make a .package where I import some Tunings regarding what specific Stereos are playing.

Namely, I've succeeded in making DJ Booths (when playing any music genre, practicing or writing a mix tape) and Basic Stereos sync with the music from the Electronica Venue Wall Speaker (randomly picked genre). I've done this by simply copying
<T n="audio" p="InGame\Audio\Music\stereo\electronica\mu_lot_speakers_electronica.propx">39b2aa4a:00000000:80000053640763ce</T>
found in object_state/StereoWall_Channel_Electro, and replacing every other address regarding audio I find with it. For time's sake, let's call this "special line".

Better speaking, in Sims 4 Studio (as an example), import DJBooth_PlayMusic_genre_04_ChillOut and search n="audio". Following this text is some kind of file address. Upon pasting the "special line" over this whole line from DJBooth_PlayMusic_genre_04_Chillout containing n="audio" (whole line 157), you shall see that the ChillOut music genre from the DJBooth now uses Electronica songs and syncs with the Electronica Venue Speaker. I've done this separately for every genre in DJBooth, even the songs played when Practicing DJ Skill. I've also used this method for StereoChannel_Electro, for Basic Stereos.

Now the problem: I've replaced the corresponding line in object/object_Earbuds (should be line 279) with my "special line". Upon starting the game, the Venue Speakers are playing, my Stereo is syncing, my DJBooth is syncing, so far everything is great. I turn on a sim's EarBuds to Electronica and it also synced! (When starting a new "music player", you may find out that it skips to the Next Song, but they will sync). The nightmare started when my sim moved (literally just changed coordinate). Judging by the sound, the sim left in their path invisible music players, each playing (at the same time) a different song. It's a nightmare to my ears. Listening carefully, it's like they left around 3-4 "invisible music players" every step they took. You can notice this by remembering the sim's path and focusing the camera on it.

This would've been my biggest personal achievement, for I really appreciate being able to play Custom Music in my gameplay. Making it so all the Earbuds could sync with all the other music players would've made my whole day. Unfortunately, I've encountered this utterly strange phenomenon.

I am pretty sure the mechanic which skips to the Next Song when another music player is turned on (mentioned above) has something to do with this. Maybe this mechanic gets activated every time a sim changes coordinates. What's even stranger? Upon this "nightmare for my ears" occurring, the Stereos, Venue Speakers and DJ Booths also "sync" with this nightmare. It's like they spawned at their respective locations more music players, each playing their own song, just like the EarBuds did.

I can't stress over how much I would appreciate any help someone can bring here. And yes, I should mention the generic "i'm a beginner modder", although I wouldn't call myself that (a modder) for doing such childish changes. Is there something as simple as all I did that I can do in order to solve this issue? If you are wondering, no, I don't intend to publish this on MTS as a Mod. All I want is to use it in my gameplay. Thanks for reading
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 11:23 AM
there actually is a mod that does just that i beleave.. MTS_RevyRei_1751705_Revy_DJBoothCustomMusic is the file i downlloaded and since then my community speakers play custom music and if a booth is entered they shutup or sync one of the two not sure now lol!

anyway glad to see other modders joining i suck at it and cant get arounds with it... seems so many modders left or dont have interest restaurant vet shop mods all are broken
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JEvans
there actually is a mod that does just that i beleave.. MTS_RevyRei_1751705_Revy_DJBoothCustomMusic is the file i downlloaded and since then my community speakers play custom music and if a booth is entered they shutup or sync one of the two not sure now lol!

anyway glad to see other modders joining i suck at it and cant get arounds with it... seems so many modders left or dont have interest restaurant vet shop mods all are broken

Wow. That's really surprising. Although mine does more than just the DjBooth songs haha. Mine syncs the DjBooth songs, DjBooth Practice Songs, DjBooth Written Songs, Wall Stereos and Floor Stereos to the Community Electronica Stereo. The earbuds are the only one left...
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 18th Apr 2019 at 6:29 PM
Did anyone ever figure this out?