Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 12:45 PM Last edited by VirtualAlex : 22nd Dec 2017 at 9:31 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default SOLVED Sim won't stop looking for a roommate.
I don't play apartments very often. I have built a house with 1 bed in 1 bedroom and made it a rental property (apartment). I moved a Sim in, and all he does is search the paper for a roommate. I DONT WANT A ROOMMATE!

How do i stop him from doing this incessantly?

I'm sure this never used to happen. In fact, I didnt even know you could get a roommate (see, I don't play apartments!). Very frustrating, but the sim is too poor to buy a home and must rent for a while.

[solved - problem with Inteenimater B package. Put all inteen files in a subfolder labelled zzzzzzzz and now he no longer seeks company. Must be a loading order issue.]
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 10:06 AM
Thank you for this. Your fix didn't work for me, and even in an entirely empty game (no mods, just inteen), it's still happening, but now I know what's causing it, so thank you!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 10:35 PM Last edited by VirtualAlex : 18th Dec 2017 at 11:00 PM.
Ah, now I've loaded the game a second time, and its happening again. Very odd. So not solved, as you say.

It's not a hack conflict per se. Even with Inteen alone installed in the DL folder with nothing else at all, package B still causes this problem. With or without flavour packs (I have NoAdultTeens, NoAgeofConsent and BackToSchool).

If Inteen alone causes this, how come everybody isnt having this problem? Going to post on Inteen board.

(I have sims 2 ultimate and the AL inteen, so all good there.)
(Also have the G file installed as per instructions: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with
Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Overrides)
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 11:32 PM
I've encountered the same problem after trying out one of the new AL-versions of inTeen that was updated recently. Other weird bugs include adults being able to homework, being prevented from finding a job due to "low grades", and a sim getting a memory of having cheated on her husband with her own teenage daughter.

I haven't looked up the differences between the two AL/UC versions, but the FreeTime version should still work fine up to AL as far as I'm aware. Any other older version could also be worth a try.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 12:47 AM
I've done as you suggest and used the FT version. This appears to fix the roommate problem but I don't know if it will cause any other problem. My account at Simbology has been deleted and I'm waiting on my new one to be activated. I'll ask there. I can't believe this isnt a huge issue...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 2:28 AM
Well this is no good. With the FT version installed, there is no "find a job" option in the paper, and sims do not age. And that's all I've noticed so far. i think i will do without inteen for the time being.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 3:45 AM
A fair few things clash with Inteen, have you tried running the hack conflict utility?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#8 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 9:24 AM Last edited by flatpack : 6th Jan 2018 at 12:11 PM. Reason: more information added

------------
I found the file within the B package called "untitled tree table" TTAB 0x7F08E23C, and this seems to deal with the newspaper functions. Now, the Autonomy says 0x00000032 for "Search for Roommate", this is also the level for "Read". "Get a Job" (an action that has only happened autonomously for me once since installing inteen, but generally non-autonomous) is 0x00000064. The SimPE page says this about autonomy:

Quote:
This is just a small explanation of the Autonomy and Motive areas of the TTAB. The higher you set the Autonomy, the less a sim will want to do something. The lower the number, the more addictive the object.

Is it just a case of increasing these numbers? I've attached a screenshot of the SimPE screen for you guys to take a look. And I'm going to fiddle with this. (It's a thumbnail).

EDIT: [Removed] is the B package I edited, VirtualAlex, could you give it a test please. It's working for my in a clean game, the sim went to play SS3X, not search for roommate, and the newspaper is apparently the most heinous thing, he won't touch it. I think it should work for you too!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 11:03 AM
I was replying to VirtualAlex. They should troubleshoot by checking for conflicts and/or removing all cc first.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 12:32 PM Last edited by sk8are : 19th Dec 2017 at 2:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by VirtualAlex
Well this is no good. With the FT version installed, there is no "find a job" option in the paper, and sims do not age. And that's all I've noticed so far. i think i will do without inteen for the time being.

Was that with or without other mods? The FT version has been working fine for me if I load it before everything else.

Edit: Nevermind, I must've used some other old version because after trying the FT version again, I get the same issues with aging up and witches not being able to cast spells.
Test Subject
#11 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 7:00 AM
Changing the autonomy levels seems to be the solution. No unexpected townie generation on my end.

Glad it wasnt anything more serious. Wonder how they managed to change it?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 8:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I was replying to VirtualAlex. They should troubleshoot by checking for conflicts and/or removing all cc first.

Yes of course I did that. Spent half a day doing it. The HCDU reported several potential conflicts and i checked them all out. Definitely inteen B the problem.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 8:14 AM Last edited by VirtualAlex : 22nd Dec 2017 at 8:42 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by flatpack

------------
I found the file within the B package called "untitled tree table" TTAB 0x7F08E23C, and this seems to deal with the newspaper functions. Now, the Autonomy says 0x00000032 for "Search for Roommate", this is also the level for "Read". "Get a Job" (an action that has only happened autonomously for me once since installing inteen, but generally non-autonomous) is 0x00000064. The SimPE page says this about autonomy:

Is it just a case of increasing these numbers? I've attached a screenshot of the SimPE screen for you guys to take a look. And I'm going to fiddle with this. (It's a thumbnail).

EDIT: This (click) is the B package I edited, VirtualAlex, could you give it a test please. It's working for my in a clean game, the sim went to play SS3X, not search for roommate, and the newspaper is apparently the most heinous thing, he won't touch it. I think it should work for you too!

I will absolutely try this out! Thank you for your research!!

Will report back shortly!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 8:44 AM Last edited by VirtualAlex : 22nd Dec 2017 at 9:31 AM.
Yep, that did the trick! Got a bit nervous when he went and got the paper autonomously, but he only sat and read it then got up to make lunch by himself. Also could find a job, and he aged normally (how is this associated with newspaper addiction??)

I think you got it. Thank you so much!

I'm still waiting for my authorisation email from Simbology so I can't post yet, but @flatpack, if you would like to bring it to their attention, this might help a lot of people.
Test Subject
#15 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 4:38 PM
Yep, that did the trick! Got a bit nervous when he went and got the paper autonomously, but he only sat and read it then got up to make lunch by himself. Also could find a job, and he aged normally (how is this associated with newspaper addiction??)

I think you got it. Thank you so much!

I'm still waiting for my authorisation email from Simbology so I can't post yet, but @flatpack, if you would like to bring it to their attention, this might help a lot of people.

I made a post on Simbology, and linked them to this thread too. Just need to reread the forum rules to see if I can link the modded file. :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 3:59 AM
Awesome, thank you!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 11:42 AM
There does seem to be some sort of jump issue with this version of inteenB which i am trying to solve, but i am having difficulty isolating the conflict.
Test Subject
#18 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 1:30 PM
There does seem to be some sort of jump issue with this version of inteenB which i am trying to solve, but i am having difficulty isolating the conflict.

When does it happen? I've had no issues in my game so far.

Albeit it I've never nodded anything in my life, save for tweaking age mods. But fiddling with autonomy shouldn't bug it, right? Haha.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 8:11 AM
I can't see a link, but it definitely only started happening yesterday. I added the mod, and went into a family and they were all standing there jerkily. They were fine once I commanded them to move but occasionally got stuck again. I ran HCDU and removed all the listed hacks but when adding them back in couldnt find the culprit.Then I just tried removing 50% etc of the hacks but it was always ok until i added them all back in again. Also ok with just inteen and nothing else but cant find the one that conflicts with it. I'll do better research after Christmas!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 11:31 AM
Ok I think I found the jump. It's got to do with the bunk bed and the "read to sleep" autonomy, apparently a well known jump bug. I downloaded a fix and it seems to have resolved. Probably not related to inteen, it just occurred at a coincidental moment!