Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 2:12 AM
Default Question about the Teleprompter
Hola, I have a question, and perhaps the more-experienced can help me. I'm currently creating some objects to be used in churches, and I chose to clone the pulpit by Kisa (religiosims). Her pulpit is cloned from the teleprompter, and as I was making my lecturn, I started wondering if what I wanted to do with it was alright (recolorable subsets, changing interactions, etc.)

So, is it safe to continue, or should I clone another object, turn its shape into what I want, add interactions, and thus leave the "teleprompter" out of it?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 1st Dec 2016 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Joselle
Hola, I have a question, and perhaps the more-experienced can help me. I'm currently creating some objects to be used in churches, and I chose to clone the pulpit by Kisa (religiosims). Her pulpit is cloned from the teleprompter, and as I was making my lecturn, I started wondering if what I wanted to do with it was alright (recolorable subsets, changing interactions, etc.)

So, is it safe to continue, or should I clone another object, turn its shape into what I want, add interactions, and thus leave the "teleprompter" out of it?

It depends on which interactions you want. mesh / bhav can be extracted and put in an other object, but you could save time if this object is the nearest thing to the thing you want to create. However, it means giving credits to the original object, if you use it totally or just some parts of it. Just try to ask the creator (if you can).

oh and there can only be two recolorable subsets in an object. See if the object already have two. You'll have to choose.

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2016 at 12:38 AM
Thank you for the response! This object is closest to what I want, but Kisa's pulpit only shows up when you unlock all the career rewards, so I was curious if, due to such a nature, it would be okay to have it be recolorable and remove certain interactions, or if I should go the other way.
Instructor
#4 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Joselle
Thank you for the response! This object is closest to what I want, but Kisa's pulpit only shows up when you unlock all the career rewards, so I was curious if, due to such a nature, it would be okay to have it be recolorable and remove certain interactions, or if I should go the other way.

unless you know how to remove that condition (all career rewards), you'd better off do it all from the start and extract the BHAV you want.
Perhaps that condition are in the OBJF. Have you a link of the original object ?

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 12:37 AM
Yes, I do, it's the Working Pulpit on this page http://www.retailsims.com/Religio/C.../xtianSet1.html

Fourth row, center
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#6 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 8:45 PM
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Dec 2016 at 2:53 AM
Bless you both!!!
Seriously, bless y'all!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 2:54 AM
Okay, I know double-posting is a no-no, but I do have another question: I'd like to remove the interaction that allows children to belch into the mic--how would I go about that? What would I edit?
Alchemist
#9 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 3:35 PM
Is that an interaction on the pie menu or is it autonomous?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 7:06 AM
(Sorry I'm so late in responding!)
I want to say it's both, that kids can access it on the pie menu, but the only times I've truly had issue with it is when kids autonomously head for it while on my church community lot