Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 8:48 AM
Só happy Mod the Sims is not disappearing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 10:35 AM
Woo! Awesome!
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 11:54 AM
First Entry, WOOT!!

Well, here is my entry, I was planning on doing this just for fun, (with no expectation of winning), but it all came out better than expected. I am sure that plenty of you Simmers out there are still going to put me to shame, but ah well, I might as well try.

I have only uploaded the base images, the extras I am working on now. I am also planning on changing the Sims Adult, I am unhappy with it.

Mod the Sims

Sims Wiki

Sims Community 1

Sims Community 2

Sims Adult

I don't know what size I should be posting these..I hope what I have done is not too big. (I know some of them are the wrong sizes, I have the proper sized versions on my pc)
Banned
#54 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 11:56 AM
you should'nt be unhappy with the sims adult, it's the best one!
Top Secret Researcher
#55 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 12:30 PM
Well done! These are great!
Test Subject
#56 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 12:55 PM Last edited by OpheliaNival : 21st Jan 2009 at 12:57 PM. Reason: bad spelling, might have overlooked something though...
First of all, thank you for the great news. A sims community without MTS is not much of a sims community in my opinion. This is the most reliable source for information on how to create CC for The Sims 2 and now to continue this tradition into The Sims 3 is a major point of why I'm getting slightly tempted to buy the game.

However I'm just wondering (and please forgive me if this is a stupid question or asked in the wrong place) I've heard rumours that although one can costumize the textures in The Sims 3 there's currently no way of making new meshes or anything else for that matter (of coarse without the aid of the genious SimPE there would never have been one for this in The Sims 2 either) so do you know of any plans for making this a possibility? Sorry for asking this here, but just hoped you would know something about it since MTS is the site that have always seemed most up to date on these things.

Again thank you so much to the staff and everyone here for keeping the site alive!

(at Xacimo: I think the Sims Adult banner looks very nice indeed!)
Test Subject
#57 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 1:30 PM
awesome im getting the sims 3 and will still be using the sims 2 (i play a lot lol) thank you soooo much for keeping this place alive :D
Stupid people are stupid
#58 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Yup - those previous items are now rare and limited in number since only a few hundred of each where actually sold!

Yay! I have a rare T-shirt...
Maybe i should sell it on Ebay
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#59 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 1:51 PM
Will the site accommodate Sims 1 material if it is offered?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 3:04 PM
Awesome, i was wondering how much modding was going to happen on TS3 if there was no central place for it, im defiantly getting TS3, ive had it pre-ordered for almost 3 months now, cant wait to start modding it lol.
Test Subject
#61 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 3:30 PM
This is great news! Thanks!
Test Subject
#62 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 4:02 PM Last edited by Murphy93 : 21st Jan 2009 at 4:16 PM.
Great news!
I have to say, of all the Sims 2 sites around, MTS2 has to be the best, thanks for all the work. Good luck with your new venture!

http://s476.photobucket.com/albums/...ent=Newlogo.jpg

^
My propasal for a new logo, simple and modern, its not too overpowering, and seems very upfront. Not sure if the plumbob is Trademarked or anything like that(?).

[sm] seemyseems
Scholar
#63 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 4:34 PM
I'm so relieved!! The Sims wouldn't be the same without MTS, hurray for MTSi!!!! :D
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#64 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 4:40 PM
Inge, I guess if it was you offering Sims 1 content then sure...

Ophelia,

Quote:
However I'm just wondering (and please forgive me if this is a stupid question or asked in the wrong place) I've heard rumours that although one can costumize the textures in The Sims 3 there's currently no way of making new meshes or anything else for that matter (of coarse without the aid of the genious SimPE there would never have been one for this in The Sims 2 either) so do you know of any plans for making this a possibility? Sorry for asking this here, but just hoped you would know something about it since MTS is the site that have always seemed most up to date on these things.

You have to remember that neither the Sims 1 nor the Sims 2 came with any kind of mesh editor (or, indeed, any tool except Body Shop) at first. This is most likely to be the case with the Sims 3, in which case we'll just have to make our own (again).

Murphy93, sorry but that plumbob looks like it's taken straight from the Sims 3. Please see the first post for restrictions.

comcal, etc.

There are good starts but I'd like to clarify some things about what I want.

The current MTS2 site has 2 logos:

The first image was used on the cafepress mugs, but in this format:

The second also had a square format too:

So what I'd like is for the "Logo" pare to be mostly graphical with perhaps the text overlaid on the bottom. The banners should be the logo + the name to the right.

Additionally, all MTS logos and/or banners should have the text "Create it. Share it. Play it." on them somewhere.

Regards
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 5:00 PM
Well, since my banner-making abilities are currently being used elsewhere (and I'm not good enough to do two at once), I'll refrain from submitting a banner. I'm glad to hear that mts2 stuff will not change (or at least not much). I undoubtedly will not be getting Sims3 at all (first of all, because my comp probably can't even run it; second of all, because of the $$$ needed to get it). If I even did get it, I'd get it used, for a lot less $$$. And I would need to pay $$$ to get a better comp, which I'm not really interested in doing.

Regardless, what sort of plans for the Sims3 do you guys have? Considering how different it is from Sims2, that will make custom content much harder to produce, right?

Atra esterní ono thelduin/Mor'ranr lífa unin hjarta onr/Un du evarínya ono varda.
Atra gülai un ilian taught ono un atra ono waíse sköliro frá rauthr.
Wiki Wizard
#66 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 5:16 PM
This is such great news!! I cannot wait to get into paint.net and get working on some graphics!!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Instructor
#67 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 5:22 PM
Yeah! That takes a lot of fear from me. It's amazing that I won't lose this great community. Thanks so much !

I'll see if Paint.NET is too hobnailed to do such a sophisticated work but if not I'll certainly have a try!
Field Researcher
#68 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 5:31 PM Last edited by fanseelamb : 21st Jan 2009 at 7:17 PM. Reason: please don't quote an entire post that way :)
Default good news!
thats very good!i love mts so lets go!!
Field Researcher
#69 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 5:52 PM
yay! I was so worried that MTS2 was going to disappear. So glad that it's just getting a name and logo change!
Test Subject
#70 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 6:04 PM
Thank you! I love you guys!

*hugs the Mod the Sims team"
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 6:13 PM
Great news Delphy!!
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 6:37 PM
Yay! I'm glad you and the MTS team has decided to also do TS3! :D
Test Subject
#73 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 7:01 PM
So the new adress for this website will be www.modthesims.info?

Josette

p.s. I'm glad the site is staying.
Instructor
#74 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 7:25 PM
Yes! I can't wait to see the cool custom content for Sims3 and thanks for actually making a site that will incldue it!
Thanks Mod the Sims. Keep up the good work.
Test Subject
#75 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 8:43 PM
Default Minimalistic Logo Sets
After a couple of hours last night tossing around ideas here are my very minimalistic logo set designs. Not sure if it's what you guys are looking for but oh well.

Display size logo designs for all sites

Icon, tab, and button designs for modthesims

I have icon, tab, and button designs for the other 3 sites complete as well which can be found at http://mavrev.com/dev/design/concep...thesimsnetwork/.

Please, critique all you want - I'm open to suggestions or changes on these if anyone really thinks they're a good fit for the site. All the colors are changeable, I used the background color of the title bar (#6699cc) for the blue, and then chose corresponding red/pink, green, and grey shades. The icons are fairly uninspired I'll admit, but I couldn't think of any real good representations. The font used in all of these is Reznor Broken from dafont.com. The font is under public domain (at least as far as I know) because the author is unknown. All the images are alpha-transparent png's so if you're still using IE6 you'll see a grey block. I have layered, vector files of all of the logos, and their derivatives which I will provide if chosen.

Thanks for reading, and hope some of you like it.
Page 3 of 17