Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 3:33 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Strange Texture problem in CAS?
Hi there! I am having a weird texture problem in my CAS...when I select certain tops in combination with a specific pair of pants then this weird texture quality reduction happens...it doesn't happen when i change either the top or the pants to something else. I am playing on Windows 10

Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 7:30 AM
Check that you didn't install 2 default skins (downloads and Saved sims) because it looks like a cc skin issue.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 8:41 AM
Thanks joandsarah77! Do you think the problem is because i have both the default skin in game as well as the townified version?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 8:50 AM
Also check if there's a normal on the pants. If so try deleting it, as that looks quite a lot like some clothes where the normal is borked.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 9:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Also check if there's a normal on the pants. If so try deleting it, as that looks quite a lot like some clothes where the normal is borked.

What is a normal?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 11:26 AM
Bump maps
They frequently cause this problem if they have the wrong settings, or if they try to apply to a smaller texture. If the bump map is the problem, you can delete the texture and the 4 lines in the TXMT (I think all have "normal" in the name) that reference the bump/normal map.

If you can find those two outfits in your downloads, check that one of them don't have the reduced quality issue from Bodyshop (reduced in size to 512x512).
Mad Poster
#7 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 12:15 PM
^^ What she said. XD Have you got a link to these pants?
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 7:21 PM
I don't have the pants because this was an old download...can i upload it for you and would that help?

Why doesnt the pants/top bug out when i swap to a different pants/top? It only happens when i pair them together...
Mad Poster
#9 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 8:49 PM
But is that top also buggy when paired with any other bottoms, or just with those pants?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
But is that top also buggy when paired with any other bottoms, or just with those pants?

The top doesn't bug out when paired with any other pants except the one. The pants will bug out with 80% of my wardrobe....so i really think it is the pants and not the top.

Edit: I think i got it figured out, It was a pair of pants that I recolored in bodyshop, i guess when i moved my downloads folder around the recolors got deleted or the recolor was corrupted. The pair of pants showed in the default color so i didn't know why it was bugging until i found the actual pants in the 5th page of the catalogue. The actual pants did not glitch with any of the tops. Hope this helps any future players...