Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 12:09 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default The Strange Bathtime Glitch of an Elder Sim.
I am experiencing an odd glitch with a sim in one of my households. I've played this particular sim for some time now, but the problem only started when she recently became an Elder.

Every time I have her use a shower or a bath, she does so, but afterwards keeps disappearing and reappearing in the shower or bath again. It's as though she is attached to the thing with an elastic band. I try to get her to do something else like, for example, use the computer, and as she walks to where that is, she will keep disappearing and appearing back in the shower or bath. When she finally reaches the computer she'll start using it and then... zip, she's back in the shower again! She even does it when somebody else is using the shower! None of the other sims in that household seem to have the same problem*. I tried resetting her using Nraas Master Controller, but she still does it. On one occasion, when I reset her, the game went into a very long pause and I thought it had crashed. But after a while it started working again. I've never had that happen when resetting any other sim.

I noticed that the shower or bath sequence is not finishing properly. The shower keeps running, or the water stays in the bath, and she doesn't get dressed. So I figured it might be a problem with her outfits and changed all of them, but that doesn't seem to make any difference. I cleared out her inventory too, just in case there was something there that was causing it, but that didn't fix it either. Whatever could be wrong with her?

(*Although if my grandmother suddenly kept appearing in the shower when I was using it, I would certainly feel that it was a problem that needed addressing at some point. Especially since she's been dead for forty years).

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 4:39 AM
You might first want to try MC Resetting the entire lot instead of just the sim and replacing the shower with a new one.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 7:00 AM
I replaced all the baths and showers and she still kept doing it. The other household members didn't seem to have any problems using them. I did as nitromon suggested and that appears to have worked.
Thanks, both of you.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor