Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th May 2013 at 10:10 PM Last edited by LaurellKH : 2nd Jun 2013 at 4:01 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [Solved :D] How do I make playable character in game born into vacation townie?
I know there is hundred guides for make townies for your hood. Nothing makes sense to me or what I want to do. I just want to make one person and only one person in my one hood a resident of the vacation area. Is there quick and easy way I can do this? It must be my born in game sim and not a CAS created. It must be to the vacation area.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th May 2013 at 10:20 PM
I think the simlogical teleporter would make vacation townies. I know it has a number of townie options anyway. You just click on what you want and that's it.
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...Teleporters.htm

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th May 2013 at 3:58 PM
Okay. I think teleporters are to brings sims to you not away from you. I am trying to get a sim in my house to become member of the vacation Townies. I know teleport because I have SimBlender. SimBlender can make townie but it does not give option for you to choose what town??? If I went on vacation with sim and used SimBlender to make her townie would she appear in that vacation Twikkii zone or would she port back to Riverblossom and be a townie there where she was born?
Site Helper
#4 Old 28th May 2013 at 4:32 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 28th May 2013 at 4:48 PM.
I don't know the answer to your question.

However, joandsarah77 suggestion was at least partially correct. Inge's teleporter can also turn your sim into a townie. I seem to remember that there's only one of the objects which does vacation locals properly, and that's the townie brick from MATY:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,11060.0.html

You might want to do a bit of goggling yourself on this issue. I'm going from memory. My memory is that most of the various methods work for most of the different kinds of townies, but there's one kind of townie which is not done well by any of them except the townie brick.

There are a number of threads on this issue which should be able to help you. For example, here's a thread about creating vacation locals:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=456739

My suggestion is that you backup your save game and start trying things to see what works the best. Then, report back here with what you've learned. Even better, consider writing a tutorial for MTS.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th May 2013 at 6:17 PM
I tried. The townie brick does not work. It makes the sims do that funny dance where they turn and turn and turn and turn for no reason. I have not tried simlogical teleporter but I cannot see as it does anything different from SimBlender for the write up on it. I guess I give up. Is to complicated. Thx for trying to help.
Site Helper
#6 Old 28th May 2013 at 6:27 PM
I'm really sorry that I can't help. I think that this is something that people do very rarely, so it may be difficult to find a tutorial. However, I would definitely try the SimLogical thread before giving up.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 28th May 2013 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LaurellKH
I tried. The townie brick does not work. It makes the sims do that funny dance where they turn and turn and turn and turn for no reason. I have not tried simlogical teleporter but I cannot see as it does anything different from SimBlender for the write up on it. I guess I give up. Is to complicated. Thx for trying to help.

Which one did you try the one in the closet-v2 or Argon Tokens YAY, the one in Argon Tokens YAY works just fine for me.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Jun 2013 at 4:23 AM Last edited by LaurellKH : 2nd Jun 2013 at 4:57 AM.
I tried YAY. Does not matter which vers I use my sims even in CAS will spin in circles fast non stop if I have the brick package.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 2nd Jun 2013 at 5:31 AM
Mootilda, what do you mean by
Quote:
only one of the objects does vacation locals properly
Do the other methods such as Inge's transporter leave problems? Are those problems likely to cause corruption of the sim? I've made plenty of regular townies with it, but I've never tried a vacation townie.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Jun 2013 at 7:19 AM Last edited by LaurellKH : 2nd Jun 2013 at 4:39 PM.
I am not responsible anything bad happens I am new at this myself. I do not think Inge's could make vacation townie it did not say that it could so I believe it will not. SimBlender is more up to date (?) I was led to believe and it cannot make vacation townies. But yet I found a way how. I cannot say if this will corrupt.

0) Always back up your game.

1) Very IMPORTANT you must give sim a stupid crazy first name that cannot be common. Do not name sim Joe or Sarah or the like. You will not find sim on the menu of many names. If the sim you want to make vacation townie already has a common name you can change this with SimBlender. First name is all that matters.

2) You must have a house with at least two sims. One must stay behind with the house. Do not make this one leave.

3) It does not matter if you make sims in CAS or is born but will loose his/her memories most likely know they will not be the same after this. May rob them of who knows what of their personality and memories.

4) Have SimBlender.

5) Type in cheat - boolprop testingcheatsenabled true

6) Shift-Click on any sim does not matter. Find through menu (I think second page) the townie gun. It will appear on ground next to that sim an independent item looks like a child's noisy laser toy gun.

7) Have selected the sim you are wanting to make into Vacation Townie. That is being playing as that sim.

8) Click the SimBlender and go through menu till you get to "make me townie" and click. Sim will stand there but not be selectable part of your household anymore.

9) You must log out to Neighborhood and save progress at this point. This is because townie is not fully developed until you do this.

10) Log back into the house. Sim you made townie will have vanished. That is good.

11) Now with any sim on lot chosen click on the gun and go through menu until you find one that says something about make a sim a vacation person. Click that and it will go to next menu asking which local (most have all three up so three will appear - give or take depends on how many vacation neighborhoods you made).

12) Pick local and next menu will be so many many many first names. You must keep looking for your person's first name. They were townie made after all those so usually find far down the list. Not alphabetized but I think in order of created.

13) Click your townie made sim's name when you find and there you are done. He/she is now there at the vacation site.

14) Almost forgot do not be alarmed when it says, "YOUR SIMS NAME is now a member of SOMEBODY'S FAMILY." This has a picture of the leader of that family pop up. It is because game sorts the townies by family sometimes.

Warnings - Your person will not know the local gestures of that spot for that must be a token mod and I find "the brick" does not work with all EP/SP's for me. Also, I read somewhere if you put in many new townie people it can lag your vacation destination.
Site Helper
#11 Old 2nd Jun 2013 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Mootilda, what do you mean by Do the other methods such as Inge's transporter leave problems? Are those problems likely to cause corruption of the sim? I've made plenty of regular townies with it, but I've never tried a vacation townie.
To be honest, I have a terrible memory so you should take this with a grain of salt. That's why I suggested that the OP google to try to find the problem and solution.

As I remember it, vacation sims don't get the skills expected (for example, the special greetings, dances and other vacation skills). This means that your sims won't be able to learn those skills when they go on vacation (unless you still have some of the EA vacation locals). There are probably ways to give the vacation locals the correct skills later, but I've never converted sims to vacation locals, so I'm not the right person to ask.

Otherwise, there are no problems... it definitely doesn't cause corruption (unless you consider vacation locals with no skills to be corruption).

LaurellKH, if you're having jump bugs, then there may be a conflict between the townie brick or other conversion mod and some of your other CC. In that case, you might be able to solve the problem by removing some of your CC temporarily (while avoiding houses that use that CC).

Also, if my memory about the vacation skills is correct, then converting one sim isn't going to be too much of a problem. The problem occurs when you have no locals with the correct skills.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Jun 2013 at 4:47 PM
I forgot to say I think you can add children, teenagers, and adults as vacation townies. But do not add young adult (University), toddler, babies, animals (Pets), or other NPC's especially Mrs. Crumplebottom, the Reaper, etc. I do not know if you can add zombies, werewolves, witches, and vampires. I would say do not because they would lag if they retain their supernatural.