Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 4:11 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Changing a normal neighborhood to a vacation spot?
I don't know if this was posted elsewhere, but I couldn't find it, I'm sorry if it's out there! But I was wondering if there was a way to convert a normal neighborhood (ex. Pleasantview) into a vacation sub-hood. I downloaded one called Pirripirri (I think, I can't remember its exact name) and I like it a lot, I would just prefer it as a vacation neighborhood. Is this possible?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 4:42 PM
Yes, I believe that it should be fairly simple, especially if the neighborhood is empty of sims and does not have any subhoods (which appear to be true for Pirripirri). However, I don't know of a tutorial which explains the steps exactly. This is the closest tutorial that we have, but it may have additional steps that you don't need:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=420196

I believe that you just need the steps in post #5 and #6 (Change the neighborhood to the appropriate subhood type). Then, install the neighborhood into the correct NeighborhoodTemplate folder (post #7) and test it with a test neighborhood to ensure that it is working correctly.

You'll probably want to add the secret vacation lot. If you want to edit the template, then you'll have to follow most of that tutorial, especially the part about creating an empty environment. The only steps that should be different are step 1F (create a new neighborhood) and post #4 (Give the new neighborhood a unique name). Instead, you'll want to copy Pirripirri into the Neighborhoods folder for your empty environment. You'll want to do change the template if you intend to use the subhood with multiple neighborhoods.

An alternative is to create the secret vacation lot after attaching the subhood to your neighborhood. This is the simplest option if you intend to use this subhood with only one neighborhood, since you won't have to worry about creating an empty environment.