Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 7:19 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Is there any way to convert residential lots into a beach house?
Hi there everyone if ever i post a question as a repost i apologize. I already searched about my problem/question but i can't find any answers so my question is what as my title says.

I really want to place a 'house & lot' (example. at Twikii Island) wherein there's a beach but whenever i checked the lot where i placed it on the seaside, it goes the same as a base game lot and there's no beach that my sim can swim on.
So, any way to solve it without having the trouble of building your own beach house on the special lot?

Thanks for taking ur time to read. :/
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 7:30 PM
As far as I know, beach lots must be originally built on beach lots. You could take a look at Mootilda's LotAdjustor to see if it has the ability to change that, but iirc it doesn't.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Site Helper
#3 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 7:48 PM
No. We still don't understand enough about the internals of beach lots to know how to change a normal lot into a proper beach lot.

However, you could extend your lot into the water using the LotAdjuster, then add buyable beach portals which you can download here:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=251392

There may also be mods which allow you to create a sand area for sand castles and sunbathing, etc. You could ask in the WCIF forum about mods which allow specific beach lot functionality.