Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 8:59 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Hood suddenly missing
Today I deleted some main hoods but not Veronaville. I don't know if those things are related but since then Veronaville does not show up in my game anymore. All of the files are still there tho! I already reinstalled the neighborhoods I deleted and deleted the neighboorhoodmanager file. It still doesn't show up. I don't know what to do
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 11:12 PM
Try deleting the neighbourhood manager file inside the hood folder.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Try deleting the neighbourhood manager file inside the hood folder.

I already did that. I found out that the neigborhood file had .bkp instead of .package as the file ending. As soon as I changed bkp to .package it showed up again but in the state from like three months ago??
Forum Resident
#4 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 9:15 PM
That file was a backup created with SimPE or some other program, not your actual neighborhood file. Was there no .package file in the folder? That would obviously explain why it didn't show up, but files should not delete themselves.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
That file was a backup created with SimPE or some other program, not your actual neighborhood file. Was there no .package file in the folder? That would obviously explain why it didn't show up, but files should not delete themselves.

yea that's what I thought. No there was no .package file even tho I did not delete it like that would be crazy. I deleted two temp files that were there for some reason, I don't know if that caused it
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shotshotshotshot
yea that's what I thought. No there was no .package file even tho I did not delete it like that would be crazy. I deleted two temp files that were there for some reason, I don't know if that caused it

Check your antivirus and make sure it is set to ignore all Sims 2 files. Anti viruses have been known to corrupt the sims 2 by not recognizing certain files.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#7 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 10:48 PM
Also, if there are stray files around, check if your Documents folder is syncing to OneDrive. Sims 2 doesn't like cloud services.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 22nd Mar 2021 at 7:05 AM
I've had anti-virus programs behave badly and delete my TS3 Mod folder before when my computer was almost new in 2013 and still had the virus program it came with.I switched at that time to AVG which was still fine back then and in recent years had to swtich to MSE and Norton for virus protection after AVG went into the toilet and began blocking my backing files up.I would switch virus programs if you're using AVG as it went bad a few years ago and forced me to stop using it.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 9:03 PM
I don't know if there's a way to get them back (the way you had them) but if you haven't found a reason as to why it happened, maybe the synchronization of your computer to another device screwed up your folder.

A few months back I also saw my neighborhoods disappeared, and it happened right after I had used my old computer, which I didn't really use anymore. However, both of my computers were in sync, and when I turned on my other computer, it automatically synchronized my Documents folder, so my old TS2 files mixed up with my new ones, and because now I had two existing neighborhood data in the same folder, it broke and wouldn't read correctly.

I didn't try it out because I didn't need those neighborhoods anymore, but maybe if you managed to get the old data out of your new one, maybe your neighborhoods would become readable again.