Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 12:14 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 11th Apr 2019 at 6:25 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default BrineyFjord terrain error? Does it need to be fixed? - Fixed. Thank you!
Does anyone recognize this glitch and know if there's something wrong somewhere that I should fix?
This was just a quick test hood but I chose this BrineyFjord terrain and got this. They also existed in two other small areas on the opposite side of the map. They are many overlayed hood deco ponds.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 1:16 PM
The hood deco pond is wrongly categorised as a tree, so it can be put in stacks to make a 'forest'. I could have sworn that someone had fixed it, but I can't find anything. DX
Inventor
#3 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
The hood deco pond is wrongly categorised as a tree, so it can be put in stacks to make a 'forest'. I could have sworn that someone had fixed it, but I can't find anything. DX

http://lowedeus.tumblr.com/post/168...noticed-that-in
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 1:42 PM
That's the one, thanks!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 3:17 AM
I didn't know that when you create a new hood the GAME will add random trees. Really?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I didn't know that when you create a new hood the GAME will add random trees. Really?

Apparently so. And, at times, it will add random ponds in place of trees. The mod above fixed it.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 7:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat

It's good for lazy people like me who can't be bothered sticking their own hood deco down. XD
Mad Poster
#8 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 1:09 PM
In SC4 you can add trees to the map, and when imported into Sims 2, these are replaced by random trees from the neighborhood deco.
This is why you sometimes open a neighborhood and find that it has palm trees and pines right next to each other.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 7:34 PM
This is why I make my SC4 terrains without trees- it's easier to add the ones you want then delete the ones you don't.