Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 12:57 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Vacation lots turn into beachlots?
Hi!

I'm trying to build an vacation destination for my sims. The thing is, whenever I place a lot (NOT a beachlot) in the new vacation neighborhood, it turns sandy - like a beachlot. Even if I place it far from the beach. I dont understand why, I cant fix it and it really bothers me, because I dont want them to be beachlots and all sandy. Is there anyone who knows how to fix this? It kind of ruins my cosy french restaurants and roman palaces with all the ****** sand

Thank you!
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 1:11 PM
Are they just sandy, or do they also have waves etc? Can you erase the sand terrain paint?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 1:13 PM
Are you placing lots from the house bin or new blank lots? Lots can turn sandy or get water in the basement if the land is too low.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Site Helper
#4 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 3:45 PM
The LotAdjuster now has a fix for this problem. Run the LotAdjuster, choose your neighborhood and lot, and then choose the Advanced options. Click on "Override base terrain paint" to set the lot terrain to the default neighborhood terrain.

This new terrain should remain in effect until you move the lot. At that time, you may have to make the change again.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 11:50 PM
Ohh I didn't know that it could do that. Thanks Mootilda I have a few lots that could help.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Site Helper
#6 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 12:02 AM
It's new.