Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 8:30 PM Last edited by bob.awesome : 7th Mar 2012 at 9:20 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Missing files in CD
A while ago I bought The Sims 2 Bon Voyage from a thrift store (I know, not the best of ideas). The disk was horribly scratched, but still readable. Unfortunately, the compressed.zip file was a bit messed up and the installer would not work. I wiped the disk with a cloth, poured water on it, and let it soak, all with no results. I then decided to use a cd repair program. the program spent about a day and left me with a still broken compressed.zip file. I checked the file and found out that a few of the game file were partially destroyed. To install the game, I would need these files. They are:
Sfx1.package
Sfx2.package
Voice2.package
World.package
If anyone happens to have any of these files, it would be a big help if they could post a link. I'm not asking for the whole game, just these files. Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 10:05 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but I think what you're asking is against site rules. It's basicly file-sharing...

Do correct me if I'm wrong.

Hi, I'm Camilla, and I'm a Sims 2 addict!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 10:20 PM
I'm not asking for the whole game or the whole compressed.zip file, just those four files. I wouldn't be able to do anything with just those four files.
Site Helper
#4 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 10:34 PM
It's still against the site rules.
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#5 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 1:08 PM
Your options are to contact EA and see if you can get a replacement disk or just buy a new copy of the disk. File-sharing of game files is against the site rules.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Site Helper
#6 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 4:59 PM
There's one more option: buy and download the game legally, for example from EA or Amazon.