Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2009 at 5:44 AM
Default Daylight Saving...
...is a gonner in WA!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_i...ght_saving_time

Quote:
Western Australia has had a particularly involved debate over daylight saving time, with the issue being put to a plebiscite four times: in 1975, 1984, 1992, and 2009. All were defeated with a "no" vote polling roughly 55%. During the 2009 referendum the premier of Western Australia commented: "If the vote is yes, we will have daylight saving and that probably will be the end of it, we'll stay in line with Australia for a long time, if the vote is no, I suspect we'll have another call for a vote in 10 years time for another referendum."

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nat...90517-b6xs.html

Quote:
When polls closed with 71 per cent of the vote counted, the "No" vote has maintained a 55.5 per cent to 44.5 cent lead over the "Yes" vote - a lead which could translate into the biggest "No" result in WA history.

:banana: Finally, after three years, WA SAID NO!

So what do you think?

Identity Crisis - "Reveal your real identity, Mr. Icognita."
♦Call me Mark, or Mr Invincible Volleyball Player :P♦
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 17th May 2009 at 8:00 AM
Haha. I think we'll have DST in Victoria as long as the state will exist. I dunno, I like it when we set the clocks back so that we get another hour of sleep, also, I like it getting darker early, because I physically cannot sleep with light rifting in through my windows, my eyes can't relax x__x. I'm not fond of when the clock turns the other way though xP.

Yay I'm back~!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 21st Sep 2011 at 7:27 AM
Yeah I'm not looking forward to when Queensland starts that great debate. I'm okay with the lower parts of Queensland having daylight savings (it makes sense to them) but I'm not okay with North or Far North Queensland having to follow the same time. It just doesn't work for me. I like waking up with the sunlight and I like going to bed in the dark, if it changes then I'll be going to bed in the light and waking up in the dark.... *sigh* at least I know I'll be saying no.

Oh Noes Not Another Blog! - where you can see my awful custom content and horrible attempts at challenges, storytelling and picture taking.
Not much up there right now, this is only the beginning! :D