Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 7:22 PM
Default Roads funny in 'edit in game', why?
Ok, I was playing around with the tool to get the feel for it before embarking on the mission to build my world. I have managed to figure majority of things out, however something bugs me.
Whichever way I place the lots and roads(road first and then lot, lot first and then road) i will get this sight when I go into 'edit in game'. It looks ok until you zoom in. I am assuming it would do the same in the actual game, any ideas what am i doing wrong?
ps. i tried smoothing terrain and all sorts of funny business, nothing seems to work.

This is how it looks before I zoom in and below is a picture after I zoom I.

Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 7:23 PM
Check to make sure the ground is flat in that area. You can use the road grading tool to help with that, or just use the Flatten Terrain brush all over that area.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Check to make sure the ground is flat in that area. You can use the road grading tool to help with that, or just use the Flatten Terrain brush all over that area.

Tried this. Made everything flat, still the same problem. Also made me wonder lot of the roads and lots have been placed in Sunset Valley on uneven terrain, why is it not affecting it there?
Scholar
#4 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 8:04 PM
Same has happened to me before. I am hoping it's just a bug in Edit Town.....
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 11:14 PM
I see the same thing every once in a while, it's annoying! I haven't figured out why, yet, but I did notice that it almost looked like one of my lots was overlapping the road and maybe that's why?
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 11:05 AM
I found that often happened if my lot was placed to near the road, and moving it back a little bit got rid of it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 11:25 AM
Thank you all. Will keep all these tips in mind.

Read my sims3 blog -> Phoenix-On-Sea