Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#10851 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 12:16 AM
I realize I finally have use for all those horrible slutty clothes that come with The Sims 3 and expansions--my fashion designer sim....She thinks she is all that but she just looks trashy.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Advertisement
Instructor
#10853 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaiko Espurr Mikkusu
The OL breeding features actually work, in their own way. There's even a chance of mutation of having all 0 sliders in either the head, eyes, nose, or mouth.

I always love seeing your updates on things, your attention to detail is a really cool quality that you have.
Forum Resident
#10854 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 10:07 PM
I have my simself who is a pet owner, a female cat and a male dog. My simself is friend with a fairy who is a dog owner. Both of the dogs knows each others but they aren't friends.
I did a house party at my simself's house. I invited her old friend the dog owner. She brought her dog at the house party.
I didn't know it could be possible. This is a very cute scene.
Scholar
#10855 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 10:42 PM
I discovered that, unlike other sims, students have a habit of hitching rides in cars without being invited. My sim is presently sharing dorm with 7 other sims, and since it was the week end, I sent her off in her car for some fun at a dance club. When she got there I found that 3 of her dorm mates had come along and it had become a group outing. She wasn't even friends with them. When she left she had to sit outside in her car for ages waiting for them to come out.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Alchemist
#10856 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 9:51 AM
When you use the in-game "Move to Other Neighborhood" option (as opposed to saving the family to the bin), the game clock doesn't reset upon moving to the new town. I played for ~39 weeks in Riverview and, after moving to Moonlight Falls, the in-game clock shows 40 weeks

Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
I discovered that, unlike other sims, students have a habit of hitching rides in cars without being invited. My sim is presently sharing dorm with 7 other sims, and since it was the week end, I sent her off in her car for some fun at a dance club. When she got there I found that 3 of her dorm mates had come along and it had become a group outing. She wasn't even friends with them. When she left she had to sit outside in her car for ages waiting for them to come out.

That becomes really annoying when your sim isn't really friends with their dorm mates and when you end the outing everyone says it sucked and your sim gets a negative moodlet. Especially considering it's hard to keep sims' moods up during uni.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Site Helper
#10857 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 1:55 PM
And isn't it nice of the game to force your sim to be polite and to wait for all of the hitchhikers to get back into the car instead of just driving off without them and letting them figure out their own way home since they weren't ready to leave when their ride was?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#10858 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 10:51 PM Last edited by LeeAlee : 23rd Nov 2017 at 9:13 AM.
What I discovered has more to do with downloading CC than actual gameplay, but I'll share it anyway because it kind of blew my mind.

Some creators include both Sims3pack and Package files in their uploads. Normally I would just pay attention to the Package files and delete the Sims3packs if they came in the same zip.
Yesterday I started downloading some objects and noticed a big difference in the size of some of the files - with the Package files sometimes being 2 or more times larger than the Sims3packs.
Now I'm comparing and converting the Sims3packs to package files myself when there is a noticeable difference.

Example of an objects set I downloaded:
The Package files provided by the creator = 14.0 MB
The Package files I converted myself from Sims3packs = 8.34 MB

Another example because my mind is totally blown now with a different set:
The Package files provided by the creator = 35.7 MB
The Package files I converted myself from Sims3packs = 6.25 MB

Lesson learned: Compare and choose the smaller file size, smaller file size means more stuff before the game yells, "Stop it!"

Related: I almost downloaded a nice and simple clothing item, then noticed that the Package file size was bigger than most of my community and residential lots. My loss, and it's okay.
Alchemist
#10859 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LeeAlee
What I discovered has more to do with downloading CC than actual gameplay, but I'll share it anyway because it kind of blew my mind.

Some creators include both Sims3pack and Package files in their uploads. Normally I would just pay attention to the Package files and delete the Sims3packs if they came in the same zip.
Yesterday I started downloading some objects and noticed a big difference in the size of some of the files - with the Package files sometimes being 2 or more times larger than the Sims3packs.
Now I'm comparing and converting the Sims3packs to package files myself when there is a noticeable difference.

Run them through S3RC and they should most definitely reduce in filesize

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Scholar
#10860 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LeeAlee
My Sim's house was just burgled and it was almost as if I just started playing Sims 3 all over again. It's been so long since I played a Sim that doesn't have a burglar alarm outside their house, I forgot what to do...lol!

Once I got over, "what the hell do I do?" I had him call the police. I discovered that when there's a burglar on the lot, and they're talking to the police on the phone, they cover their mouth/the phone mouthpiece and speak in hushed tones.

Off topic: The burglar stole the shower my active recently could afford to buy, the police woman came and kicked the burglar's ass, and the shower was returned to the family inventory. Awesome!

My burglars kept stealing toddler potties...

Wait, are you actually supposed to put burglar alarms outside of the house? Does that work?

Quote:
Run them through S3RC and they should most definitely reduce in filesize

S3RC?
Mad Poster
#10861 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 2:38 PM
Alarms detect burglars in the room they are in.
Most people, I think as I know I do, put the alarm panel inside by the front door. Due to how the game works though, if you place them outside then they will go off when a burglar gets close enough before they even manage to enter the actual Lot. In the days of TS2 I know of players who would build a single tile piece of wall at either end of the Lot with an alarm on each so the police arrive before the burglar gets to the building.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Site Helper
#10862 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 3:57 PM
S3RC : http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,15129.0.html

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#10863 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 6:02 PM
[QUOTE=CatMuto]My burglars kept stealing toddler potties...

Wait, are you actually supposed to put burglar alarms outside of the house? Does that work?

Oh, poor toddlers. Hoping the potties hadn't been emptied

We can put the burglar alarms indoors or out. I prefer outdoors, that way the burglar never enters the house. One alarm is all it takes, once the burglar gets close enough, the alarm is tripped.
Test Subject
#10864 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 12:28 AM
Yes, that's the simple way it is. Put one alarm on the outside, contiguous, wall and this prevents any burglary on the entire estate - even if you have multiple entrances. I have never ever had a burglary after employing this practice. In an LN apartment - with just one possible entrance - it will do with one single alarm on the inside of the entry door. Sadly my burglars are utterly unsuccesful, so my sims need to befriend them otherwise. They often have very a high kama simtra skill which is useful to aquire through mind melding.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#10865 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 10:43 AM
It does seem though that it won't go off if the alarm is too far away from where the burglar enters the lot. At least that was my explanation when I had it on the outside wall of a car stand/garage and the burglar din't trigger it. This happened for me on the lot in Sunset Valley that is opposite the Alvi home; the car stand is to the left and on a foundation while the burglar came from the right.
Top Secret Researcher
#10866 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 6:12 PM
I discovered that it's easy to make basements! (They were a real pain in Sims 2, and I was afraid of them.)

ETA: About the burglar alarms: I believe that's how they have always worked. I certainly remember putting them on the outside of the house in Sims 2, and I believe also in Sims 1.
Scholar
#10867 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
I discovered that it's easy to make basements! (They were a real pain in Sims 2, and I was afraid of them.)

ETA: About the burglar alarms: I believe that's how they have always worked. I certainly remember putting them on the outside of the house in Sims 2, and I believe also in Sims 1.

I do recall building 1-tile walls at the corners of a lot in Sims 1 and putting burglar alarms there. By the time the burglar got to the entry door, the police was there.
Alchemist
#10868 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 10:10 PM
You can use the Jar of Potent Friendship elixir on yourself:

...and you get a "Brightened Day" moodlet out of it too

Forum Resident
#10869 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 12:14 AM
Make the pets not playable and that cannot be selected thanks Nrass Master Controller. Just add them as roommate.
Field Researcher
#10870 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 4:44 PM
In Generations if your child goes on a field trip to the Bistro, they will learn the cooking skill that goes with the toy oven. I knew teens got the actual cooking skill but I hadn't noticed what the children got (probably because toy oven is one of the first things I make my children learn).
Scholar
#10871 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 2:23 PM
This is not a discovery of world shattering importance - unless, like me, you like to keep things orderly - but I discovered that if you make a gap in your Screenshots folder, by removing some images, the game will normally fill in the gap with the next screenshots you take. But, if you change graphics settings, the next shot will be stored after the highest numbered image.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Mad Poster
#10872 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
This is not a discovery of world shattering importance - unless, like me, you like to keep things orderly - but I discovered that if you make a gap in your Screenshots folder, by removing some images, the game will normally fill in the gap with the next screenshots you take. But, if you change graphics settings, the next shot will be stored after the highest numbered image.

Really? That's very odd. I knew it'd fill in the gaps, but why would changing graphics do anything?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Theorist
#10873 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 6:06 PM
Appaloosa Plains is a beautiful town!!! Just picked up Pets cheap the other day and I'm loving that neighborhood!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Scholar
#10874 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Really? That's very odd. I knew it'd fill in the gaps, but why would changing graphics do anything?

I'm not sure what would cause it, I just noticed it seems to happen whenever I change the settings.

Instructor
#10875 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 10:13 PM
That your Sims will sing songs in the shower that they learned from locals in the different travel locations! :0
Page 435 of 490