Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7201 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
It'd also be nice if a number of other autonomous actions were allowed to be completed rather than instantly stopping once you lined something else up in the queue.

I have to say I wouldn't want this - it was always a (and quickly modded out) feature of bed-making that they wouldn't drop the action from the queue. It was infuriating. Sometimes they just need to stop what they are doing and phone the fire brigade or get in the carpool before time runs out or something. I know what you all mean about the trash can but I don't want them insisting on traipsing right across the lot where I can't stop them (and get someone else to do it) just to dump something in the bin, especially when I have something more important for them to do.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#7202 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
It's not the toddler facing a toy that prompts the extra bottles. The nanny does it when they're in the high chair too. I've watched and she literally keeps getting out bottles until the toddler is finished eating. There's no check to see if the toddler already has food available.

Huh, that's weird. My nannies only (and always) fetch extra bottles when they have route failure, but I almost never buy high chairs.

Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I have to say I wouldn't want this - it was always a (and quickly modded out) feature of bed-making that they wouldn't drop the action from the queue. It was infuriating. Sometimes they just need to stop what they are doing and phone the fire brigade or get in the carpool before time runs out or something. I know what you all mean about the trash can but I don't want them insisting on traipsing right across the lot where I can't stop them (and get someone else to do it) just to dump something in the bin, especially when I have something more important for them to do.

That's why I think the action should still be cancellable, but still queue-enabled. Like eating. You can queue things when a sim is eating and they'll finish the plate before they go do it, but you can also X out "eat" and they'll stop eating right then and go do the next queued thing. I don't know how complex that would be in practice to mod.
Mad Poster
#7203 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 4:58 PM
I made a mod for myself that stops autonomous emptying of trash. I made it because it bugged me when sloppy Sims did cleaning chores autonomously, but it has the added benefit of avoiding the drop trash thing if you line up other interactions, since they only empty trash if you tell them to and then they won't stop if you line up something else afterwards. I can put it on my tumblr if any of you want it. I also have one for cleaning up dishes.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Theorist
#7204 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I made a mod for myself that stops autonomous emptying of trash. I made it because it bugged me when sloppy Sims did cleaning chores autonomously, but it has the added benefit of avoiding the drop trash thing if you line up other interactions, since they only empty trash if you tell them to and then they won't stop if you line up something else afterwards. I can put it on my tumblr if any of you want it. I also have one for cleaning up dishes.

That would be very nice and very helpful!
Mad Poster
#7205 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 7:19 PM
I would like to see a mod that allows the queues of toddlers to be dropped by other actions. Especially when the toddlers are using the activity table. It really bugs me when I try to have an adult or teen or whatever teach the toddler, only to find that the toddler is using the activity table.
Mad Poster
#7206 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 11:46 PM
Can young adults go to class by car? If not, is there a mod that allows them to?
Mad Poster
#7207 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
That would be very nice and very helpful!

Here you go

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#7208 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 1:50 AM
I seconded the one for 'automatic podiums' where the diner would be able to seat themselves. The fact that it takes some acrobatics to get them seated all at the same table is bad enough...perhaps someone would be brave enough to make an override or something for that problem.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#7209 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 7:22 AM
Definitely one that cuts down the obsession with the activity table - especially for toddlers. I want other interactions to be pushed onto the toddler instead of dropping instantly out of queue if the toddler is using the activity table.

Also, a mod that can be used to disconnect newborn children of sims in the Default family from their 'fathers'. Maybe manual would be best, or a dialogue-based one.

My idea for the mod would be that you could use an object to turn it on, and if the game detects a newborn with a father in the Default family while the mod is turned on, a dialogue would ask if you want to disconnect the baby from the father. This way, you won't have alien siblings - even aliens born to the same man would be half-siblings no matter which gene set they came from.

Same thing with artificial insemination - the father could be a random genetic set from the Saved Sims templates in CAS but the donor would be considered anonymous. If a sim is in a same-sex union, then after the baby is born, the mod could be set to change father information after the fact. This way, the AI child would be the child of both mothers. For fathers, they do the same as the two mothers if you want it that way, or they can artificially inseminate a playable adult or young adult woman and then when she gives birth, one of the fathers would arrive in a Taxi and take the baby.

Would a mod like that be possible?
Instructor
#7210 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
@JDacapo yes it will affect certain types of things. We can always hash a guid, but that runs a slight risk of conflicting with another mod (of course , you can always rehash one for your individual use if that happens, or the creator can offer a version with more than one guid)

but new objects will be affected. not clothing, not global mods, not recolors of existing objects. but new objects.

classic non default mods will be affected too, unfortunately.
However, you can still create in a even less risky way if you've already had registered for a list of GUID, just write those GUID manually yourself : if everybody do that, your creation won't conflict with anything. Eventhough it is not eternal there's a very big number of usabe GUIDs. And when you don't have any number anymore, then use the hash method.
If you don't remember your list of GUID, you can still have it on the germanic version of SimPE forum :
- the link : https://sims.ambertation.de/de/guiddb/
- register to your accompt
- click on "Block hinzufügen"
- remember the list of your GUID numbers that are now on the screen, those are already yours... (if you had already one)
- learn how to count in op numbers ! (you have to add a letter from A to F --> for instance 0x00 ; 0x01 ......... ; 0x08 ; 0x09 ; 0x0A ; 0x0B ; 0x0C ; 0x0D ; 0x0E ; 0x0F ; 0x10 ; 0x11 ........ ; 0x18 ; 0x19 ; 0x1A ; 0x1B ; 0x1C ; 0x1D ; 0x1E ; 0x1F ; 0x20 ..........)

Warning ! you have to keep a list of your already used GUIDs, so that you won't use them twice !
^
^
^
^
Now I realise that it's too complex and nobody will do that ...

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Scholar
#7211 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 3:41 PM
an abortion mod?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#7212 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 3:54 PM
There are some miscarriage mods.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
just a girl
#7213 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ankoyume
classic non default mods will be affected too, unfortunately.
However, you can still create in a even less risky way if you've already had registered for a list of GUID, just write those GUID manually yourself : if everybody do that, your creation won't conflict with anything. Eventhough it is not eternal there's a very big number of usabe GUIDs. And when you don't have any number anymore, then use the hash method.
If you don't remember your list of GUID, you can still have it on the germanic version of SimPE forum :
- the link : https://sims.ambertation.de/de/guiddb/
- register to your accompt
- click on "Block hinzufügen"
- remember the list of your GUID numbers that are now on the screen, those are already yours... (if you had already one)
- learn how to count in op numbers ! (you have to add a letter from A to F --> for instance 0x00 ; 0x01 ......... ; 0x08 ; 0x09 ; 0x0A ; 0x0B ; 0x0C ; 0x0D ; 0x0E ; 0x0F ; 0x10 ; 0x11 ........ ; 0x18 ; 0x19 ; 0x1A ; 0x1B ; 0x1C ; 0x1D ; 0x1E ; 0x1F ; 0x20 ..........)

Warning ! you have to keep a list of your already used GUIDs, so that you won't use them twice !
^
^
^
^

It's not too complex, and people actually do that.
Maintaining a list of numbers and letters can't be too hard for a person who wants to create a whole new object for the game.
Lab Assistant
#7214 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Here you go

Thank you! I have a household full of extremely neat sims who insist on emptying the trash every time they put something in it so this will work nicely to fix the annoyances around it. :D
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7215 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ankoyume

I'm doing exactly that with my GUIDs.
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
There are some miscarriage mods.

Does either ACR or the SimBlender allow you to stop a pregnancy?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#7216 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon

Does either ACR or the SimBlender allow you to stop a pregnancy?

simblender does

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#7217 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 11:04 PM
ACR allows you to stop one by taking the morning after pill.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Instructor
#7218 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 1:19 AM
Lamare and Maxon, I'm happy to know that I'm not the only one doing the GUID quest and listing !

Instructor
#7219 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 8:41 AM
Is there any hack to make certain NPCs adult only like hostess, cooks, and cafeteria workers? Elder hostesses walk too slow though sometimes I get an adult one when I start a brand new neighborhood. The cooks seem to be always elder in my experience and it's pitiful to see elder cafeteria worker cook, clean, wash dishes, wash stove, stand and repeat all day.

P.S. I should've posted this on WCIF but I'm not really into creating a thread. Any suggestions would be appreciated
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#7220 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 10:03 PM
@ankoyume I not only am keeping a list of my guids used, I am keeping a backup copy in online storage :P
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#7221 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 10:20 PM
I've had a list in excel of my GUIDs since forever. Started in 2009 because I live in a rural area and did not have fast internet, aka: dial-up.

The one thing I've yet to figure out how to do in excel, is auto number in hex.
Instructor
#7222 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
@ankoyume I not only am keeping a list of my guids used, I am keeping a backup copy in online storage :P

Good idea ! I'll do that

Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
I've had a list in excel of my GUIDs since forever. Started in 2009 because I live in a rural area and did not have fast internet, aka: dial-up.

The one thing I've yet to figure out how to do in excel, is auto number in hex.

I work with .txt for now but excel is better, you're right.
And don't forget to PM me when you get around auto counting in hex number via excel !

Alchemist
#7223 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 12:24 AM
I put my GUID list in a private tumblr post.
Mad Poster
#7224 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 3:09 PM
If there is one already made, please inform and If you can send the link to where I can download it: There really needs to be a mod that allows an interaction or an autonomous behavior "To put [the teddy bear] back from where it sat before". I like that object and the way adults choose to talk through it is cute, but it's annoying and getting old when seems don't put that teddy back to its original place and I don't wanna omit the object and the interaction from the house.
Mad Poster
#7225 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 5:55 PM
I ban the talk-through interaction because it makes me want to punch someone. But, I would like to see them return the scanner and wand and anything else they pick up to its rightful place.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Page 289 of 580