Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 7:37 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default toddler had a 'Buy a Tree' want
after i was done playing one of my families and an elder died, i played a different family. that's when i saw that the toddler had wants to earn skills, and then one where he wanted to buy a tree.
i know that weird wants like that could be a sign of corruption in the hood so i'm not even gonna be mad if my hood is completely screwed because ive speculated that my hood is messed up for some time
i bought a tree for the toddler and then he hasn't rolled weird ones like that anymore

also, when i was playing the previous household, one sim had one of those thought bubbles that are a sign of corruption
the thought bubble appeared after his grandfather died (this happened ONE other time when another sim died in the household but i didn't save because i was terrified of that messing up my game)
i would like to know if my hood is already messed up
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 8:10 PM
in base game, Charisma/Creativity/Logic are ok in a toddler's Wants since there are objects to fulfill those.

if you suspect neighborhood corruption, probably run the Hood Checker program. downloadable through Download section of this site.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
in base game, Charisma/Creativity/Logic are ok in a toddler's Wants since there are objects to fulfill those.

if you suspect neighborhood corruption, probably run the Hood Checker program. downloadable through Download section of this site.

yes the skill wants are normal but the buy a tree want probably isnt
i run the HC almost every time i play the game, i just let the program remove whatever it needs to
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 9:11 PM
Buying trees and shrubs is actually normal - a bit weird, but not a sign of corruption.

Squiggly lines in thought bubbles isn't always a sign of corruption - it's just a "I can't parse the thumbnail!" I occasionally get it when Sims are route-blocked by CC.

Run HoodChecker, though. And even if it is corrupt, you might have a good bit of playing left in it.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Buying trees and shrubs is actually normal - a bit weird, but not a sign of corruption.

have you ever gotten a toddler to roll a want such as that before?? lol i want to feel more reassured
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 9:31 PM
Buy a tree is a normal want, even for toddlers, nothing to worry about. Also yes, I have had quite a few toddlers want to buy a tree or a shrub over the many years of playing. The toddler on my calendar entry for September did when I took the shot, probably because I had been putting down a few trees for the leaves.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#7 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 10:32 PM
I've seen those thought bubbles before, but what they have aren't squiggly lines (as least not in my experience). They're instead several icons scrunched up very tightly. I would like to think I used to have a screenshot of it before I deleted the neighborhood (thus the images went bye-bye, too).

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Instructor
#8 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 11:51 PM
What if the toddler wanted to hire a gardener is that like the trees etc since its to do with nature?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 11:53 PM
I've had toddlers want to buy trees too. I was worried about it the first time it happened too, but was reassured that it was normal.

Can't say I've ever seen the gardener one though.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 8:07 AM
I would buy the toddler a tree
Forum Resident
#11 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 8:25 AM
Toddlers can't hire gardeners, so that want would be a bad sign.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 9:17 AM
Unless the parents hiring one fills the want. Might be okay then.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~