Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 4:49 PM
Default "Make Sim" command not working in Edit-in-Game?
Ok I'm trying to follow the tutorial for pre-populating the Sims 3 world, but when I type "Make Sim" into cheat console, I get the message:
"Unknown Command: make"

I've tried it as one word, with "create" instead of make, and everything I can think of in terms of flagging on other cheats, but still no dice- is this a change that didn't make it into tutorial/wiki or am I overlooking something? I have all of the needed Nraas mods in.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 5:06 PM
The cheat is 'makesim' (all one word) and you need to have testing cheats enabled to access this.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 5:06 PM Last edited by bakafox : 8th Jan 2011 at 5:11 PM. Reason: updating
I entered in "testingcheatsenabled true" and then once I made sure it was on by flagging buydebug on, I tried again with "makesim" and it still says makesim is not a known command.

I've tried makesim with cheats enabled with game clock going, with it paused, and in edit in game mode, in all cases it says it's not a known command. I even turned OFF testingcheatsenabled and then turned it back on, and tried 'on' instead of 'true' for testingcheatsenabled. Still no dice.

Am running latest version of CAW and have my game fully patched up, no CC in other than the Nraas mods and the build stuff I've used for lots.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 5:53 PM
Just on the off chance it was due to my having that world flagged as city, I tried it with a suburbia/normal one, still does not recognize "makesim" even when I know I have testingcheatsenabled set to "true"
Retired
retired moderator
#5 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 6:07 PM
bakafox, this is an EA debugging command, so it requires a mod to unlock those. It's not a normal, work-a-day cheat and EA have locked it away. Awesomemod is capable of unlocking this, but I use twallan's DebugEnabler mod. twallan added the Makesim command on that at my request when I was first looking into pre-population and it works well.

Another piece of advice: EIG seems to have changed in the most recent build. Now objects created using debugging commands don't seem to load their all interactions until the world is reloaded. I'm looking at how best to deal with this, I think awesomemod's debug interactions (setconfig enabledebuginteractions true) might allow you to create a fully-functioning Sim on a lot without reloading the world, which would make it favourable over NRaas DebugEnabler.

I can't test today or tomorrow, so you might need to feel around a bit yourself if things don't work as simply as I've said. I'll check it out as soon as I can myself as well.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 6:28 PM
Hmm. Well I wanted ot use the porter from Nraas to get a bunch of premades in, is that mix and matchable with AM if I'm not using the supercomputer/core bits?

EDited to add:

Also I just doublechecked, I have the debugenabler in... but am not seeing any /sign/ of it in, in terms of there not being any kind of extra menu for objects like the readme says there should be, when in the EIG, it's in the packages directory though. I'll keep poking around.
Retired
retired moderator
#7 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 7:28 PM
Not sure about the missing DebugEnabler. If the package is there then "Makesim" should be working from the console.

NRaas Porter can be used alongside AM without any trouble.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 7:29 PM Last edited by bakafox : 8th Jan 2011 at 7:39 PM.
I have awesome mod in, I have "setconfig enabledebuginteractions true" and even did "Testingcheatsenabled true" to be sure.

"makesim" is still an unknown command according to my EIG

I am scratching my head here. Just to see if it was a problem with that particular world, I've loaded up 3 other maps of mine in EIG, most of which have NOT had the tags futzed with at all to alter ID's or world types.

Cannot get any of the Nraas /or/ Awesome Mod 'hidden EA' stuff to work in any form, in ANY world of mine in EIG. It's boggling.
Retired
retired moderator
#9 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 7:45 PM
First: Try clicking or Shift/Ctrl/clicking on a residential lot in EIG and see if you get a menu.

If not, try typing "makesim" after entering setconfig enabledebugcommands true. Type "help" at that and you'll get a list of all the available EA debugging console commands.

The interactions are all done with the mouse, interacting with objects/sims. The commands are all in the console. There are two sets of debugging codes to unlock with AM.

Have you checked for mod conflicts? I'm sure you have, I just can't think what might be going on.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 7:50 PM
I've triplechecked with dashboard for conflicts, but the ONLY mods I have in are either AM+Porter or Nraas Master Controller + Porter + Debug Enabler

The lack of menu when shift or ctrl clicking is what I meant earlier by not seeing any sign of a debug mod in for Nraas, and I'm also not getting the menus for AM. Am re-re-re-reloading to check again, but I did run a "help" after the AM setconfig, and also when I had Nraas in, and there was nothing like a makesim command in either help list. I'll run the help list again, but it really didn't show any more choices with AM last time that I could see with setconfig enabledebugcommands true than without it
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 8:01 PM Last edited by bakafox : 8th Jan 2011 at 8:36 PM. Reason: further update
Yeah, no debug menus when I shift, ctrl or shift+ctrl click anything, when with AM or Nraas debug-enabler other than a "What's This?" option that's new when I am using AM and have setconfig to enable debug, and also a 'delete object' option sometimes (but not always, even on the SAME OBJECT)

I am well and truly baffled.

I loaded up the game for TS3, once with just Nraas stuff, once with Awesome +porter. All debug menus SEEM to work as they should in my straight-up game. But 'makesim' is still an unknown command.

I'm trying to decide if I care enough to try a full uninstall/reinstall just backing up and saving my user settings/saves for the Sims I made. Ugh.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 1:32 PM
Complete uninstall and reinstall of TS3 and expansions, and the debug commands are all working like they should with the Nraas or Awesome mods in. WOO!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 1:58 AM
Well done for fixing it!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 6:59 PM Last edited by bakafox : 10th Jan 2011 at 7:31 PM. Reason: adding more detail of what happened
OK, so apparently, I accidentally left NRaas debugenabler in when I put AM in, it was in a wrong subdirectory.

As a result, Makesim worked, but then when I shift-clicked the sim, I got a flagrant error message. So I shut everything down without saving, took out debugenabler, made sure only AM and porter were in, and restarted.

With AwesomeMod in alone, I got "Unknown command" errors when I tried using Makesim, even after making sure I had done setconfig enabledebugcommands true and even testingcheatsenabled true as a check after it failed the first time.

I shut it all down without saving, took out AM, and just put in Nraas MasterController, DebugEnabler, and Porter in

I got "unknown command" when I tried makesim

I exited without saving anything, and cleared all cache files both in CAW and in Sims 3, and restarted, with just Nraas in.

Still 'unknown command' so far =/

Update:
Ok, apparently the problem with the second attempt at just Nraas was that I accidentally had NraasCAF in. Seems to be what borks Nraas working for "Makesim" in EIG. Without that Nraas is working, but still can't get a sim created using just AM.
Test Subject
#15 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 5:25 PM Last edited by Lil Mami : 3rd Apr 2013 at 5:27 PM. Reason: misspelled words
Default make sim command not working
I have read through all of the post for this question, I have tried everything that is posted. I am unable to use the setconfig command and the make sim command and I keep getting unknown command, as I have said I have tried everything that has been said and nothing works. I am hoping you or anyone might be able to help me to get it to work.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 12:23 AM
Had this problem, solved this for my setup.
I couldn't use NRaas porter because the initial makesim command didn't work.
Turn's out I had an outdated errortrap and it was messing things up.

Make sure to update all the NRaas components that need to work together.
Test Subject
#17 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 4:15 AM
Default makesim command not working
Quote: Originally posted by PWN9483
Had this problem, solved this for my setup.
I couldn't use NRaas porter because the initial makesim command didn't work.
Turn's out I had an outdated errortrap and it was messing things up.

Make sure to update all the NRaas components that need to work together.

i have all of the lates versions of the nraas mods, but it is still not working. I am at a loss, i have spent so much time on this world and want to be able to share it with the community. I'm not understanding why it's not working.