Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 4:43 PM
The Viking guy is my new favorite sim ! Fantastic hood btw!

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 5:08 PM
Wow xD
Your neighborhood sound like a place Soralo would fit into xD

I build small houses *^*
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 7:32 PM
Thank you all for the lovely comments! :lovestruc
Yes, I love my eccentric sims- some of the bizarre outfits that Maxis made have come in handy for this hood! I think though that the neighbourhood only looks good because of all of the mods I use.

Notable events in Lacuna D today:

Allura Midlock went on a date with Floyd Pink.

Audrey Hepburn had to squeeze past the huge date gift Floyd left, so that she could deliver the newspaper!

It's a good job Allura has a lot of space, but her first attempt at the electrono-dance sphere didn't go well.

Benton Gumpenfeldt got lucky with his girlfriend in the elevator...

I'm loving this group so far- lots of pictures and stories to look at every day! :lovestruc
Forum Resident
#29 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 7:46 PM
Hfhskdhs I should remember showing Monkin's story. Your sims are really unique and most of my defaults has replaced so all sims is beautiful xD

I build small houses *^*
Link Ninja
#30 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 8:22 PM
Woah an elevator plummet! I've never had that happen to my sims either. Is it just as rare as death by crashing satellite? Spontaneous public Woohoo can make anyone's day better, Gump included. He's so jazzed on dopamine a demotion won't ruin his day!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 10:32 PM
It was strange though as Gump ended up on the ground floor when the elevator plummeted, but his woohoo-ee Belle stayed on the second floor. Now that could only happen with EAxian physics!
Test Subject
#32 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 11:17 PM
My last legacy family before one of my cats stepped on my laptop and deleted my sims 2 folder lived in a huge 4 story mansion with both stairs and an elevator and for some reason their elevator LOVED to break, causing them to plummet constantly. Before that elevator plummeting was rare for me, but this elevator seemed to really hate that family lol.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 11:26 PM
Wow @queeninthenorth I've played apartments with elevators a lot, but never had it happen before! Maybe it will happen again in this building?

Sorry to hear that your cat deleted your Sims 2 folder! Once, when I was a moderator on this site, my cat managed to ban someone and flag three downloads for removal, all because he lay on the keyboard whilst I made a cup of tea!
Link Ninja
#34 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 11:35 PM
queeninthenorth, I would chalk that up to a haunted elevator. So many ways to justify (story-wise) oddities or random happenings in this game.

Forum Resident
#35 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 11:44 PM
And just explaining the team here that it was your cat must have been fun xD

I build small houses *^*
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
And just explaining the team here that it was your cat must have been fun xD

That's my story and I stick with it.
Forum Resident
#37 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 1:20 AM
Mehehehe
All you are making me wonder is why one of my houses was a 41/45 when usually it's 115 xD
I have it like the moderator forgot to do rest xD

I build small houses *^*
Theorist
#38 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 9:12 PM
@simsample
I absolutely love the picture of Allura's first attempt at using the electrono-dance sphere.
I never got an elevator plummet and I had a community lot with two in my previous hood.
Do you remember what Simsample bought at Emmet's toys store? I think I saw him in one of your pictures.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Wow @queeninthenorth I've played apartments with elevators a lot, but never had it happen before! Maybe it will happen again in this building?

Sorry to hear that your cat deleted your Sims 2 folder! Once, when I was a moderator on this site, my cat managed to ban someone and flag three downloads for removal, all because he lay on the keyboard whilst I made a cup of tea!

Mine knocked a heavy end table over on my poor old laptop and killed it.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#40 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 11:21 PM
Mehehehe
All you are making me wonder is why one of my houses was a 41/45 when usually it's 115 xD
I have it like the moderator forgot to do rest xD

Oh no, the other moderators are good. They don't ever leave the cats in control! :cylon:

@Essa
Thanks for the nice words! Sim Sample purchased this:

I think the Yeti was from the charity shop, as the toy shop doesn't sell those. I wonder why he wanted a xylophone? He's not one bit musical, and as a romance sim he has no desire to have children!

@smorbie1 Nooooo! Naughty cat. We still love them though, don't we? :lovestruc

Today in Lacuna D I caught up with the resident beautician, Femme Fatale. She's romantic and has so far managed to woo one handsome chap, so today she was calling up the eligible males in the town in pursuit of her second target. She has the 20 woohoo LTW so she has a way to go!

But, no-one was available! Not even Nigel Farage, Huw Edwards or Leonardo DiCaprio. I swear, she called every male in her phone book, and not one was home.

So, with nothing to do she reluctantly went to work at her somewhat dingy beauty salon.

Femme is on my side in the desire to have a neighbourhood full of silly hats!

Thanks for reading! :lovestruc
Link Ninja
#41 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 11:36 PM
So what about the other guys she met at the salon? Steampunk Dreadlocks and Spin-beany man, were they not ringing her bell? I am wondering if in Lacuna Delta you aren't anyone important until you have a silly hat. I bet if you had a mayor (or if you do) they would have been elected on a silly hat alone.

Theorist
#42 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 11:38 PM
In my game, I'd take Mr Sim Sample's purchases as a hint.
Love your pictures, they're funny. I hope Femme Fatale will be luckier later.

Quote:
Uh, sorry love- there's nothing I can do for you!

Love that line.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#43 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
So what about the other guys she met at the salon? Steampunk Dreadlocks and Spin-beany man, were they not ringing her bell? I am wondering if in Lacuna Delta you aren't anyone important until you have a silly hat. I bet if you had a mayor (or if you do) they would have been elected on a silly hat alone.

Definitely, the Mayor would have the silliest hat! Anyway, Femme totally has the number of all the guys who set foot in her shop!

@Essa Oh no, under no circumstances do we want a baby Sim Sample!

Although once I had him procreate with Ivy Copur (adult one, not the teen!) and he had quite a decent daughter:

She was totally the opposite from him, and seemed shocked by anything risque!

Theorist
#44 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 12:27 AM
It seems that Mr Sim Sample has good genes. I love his daughter's features. She's pretty.
Romance sims are good parents IMO, better than those pesky Family sims.
Forum Resident
#45 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 10:45 AM
Sim butt

I build small houses *^*
Instructor
#46 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 3:54 AM
Wow Mr.Sample! Gosh! Thanks for the awesome update (and for making me laugh )

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Top Secret Researcher
#47 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 9:08 PM
Very Nice Neighborhood and great pictures, I enjoyed viewing.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#48 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 4:50 PM
Sim butt

Thank you all for the great comments! I have so many to show you this time- first some townies!

So this is my favourite one- he's pure Maxis, how the game generated him as regards to the genetics, hat and outfit. He first appeared in my original version of Lacuna Delta, and I loved him so much that I carried him over to the remake. The facepaint was from a makeover accident from Femme Fatale in the original hood, and the 2007 glasses are from a makeover by Femme in the new hood.

This by the way is the photo that made me love Nery in the original hood:

It's like something out of a Gary Numan song!

My sims love Myshuno! :lovestruc

Okay, so let's meet another family- this time I was playing the Sample family! Oh yes, I know you've all been waiting to meet them! (What do you mean, you haven't?) Why do I hear distant groans?

Thanks for reading!
Forum Resident
#49 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 5:16 PM
Well good for sim sample then I guess? XD

I build small houses *^*
Top Secret Researcher
#50 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 5:44 PM
@simsample

I loved your Sample family and the adventures of Sim. Loved the Aliens. You take good pictures.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.

Page 2 of 3