Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#376 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 2:42 AM
I patched, ran everything through the fixer, game works fine after removing some mods that weren't compatible with patch. What I have noticed in my game is some windows and fireplaces disappeared totally. I probably would not have even noticed except that my favorite window disappeared. There were a few items when rigfixing that gave message they could not be processed and it's possible that these items were the ones, though the actual file names were not given, just the number of them. Has anyone else noticed totally missing items? Oh, and I got purple hair in CAS when it was supposed to be brown. Kinda liked it though.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#377 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 9:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leesester
This mod? http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=432367

Whiterider is aware of the issue with the mod - she posted on the 19th October in big purple letters that it is not working with Pets/1.26 and to remove it for now. I am sure that she is working on a fix and will update the post once it is completed.

You can keep track of the updates to mods which you have downloaded from MTS via the My Downloads feature.

>> User Tools > My Downloaded Items

Sorry bout' that, didn't see it No harm no foul though, wasn't mad at her or anything.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#378 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 10:35 AM
And, fyi, it's updated now .

Esuta - if you scroll back up, it should show the resource keys of all teh resources it scanned through. Any marked with a [ ] or [+] are fine, but if you have any marked with [-], then the program failed to convert them.

Rennara, I imagine that if you try to install a fixed sims3pack without uninstalling the original first, the Launcher will just say "Already installed!" and cancel the installation.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#379 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 10:48 AM
That is one of the advantages of the .package system - you dump a fixed file over the old one of the same name and the game happily picks up the new version next time it loads. Most of the time you don't even have to clear out your caches either.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#380 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 3:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
And, fyi, it's updated now .

Esuta - if you scroll back up, it should show the resource keys of all teh resources it scanned through. Any marked with a [ ] or [+] are fine, but if you have any marked with [-], then the program failed to convert them.

Rennara, I imagine that if you try to install a fixed sims3pack without uninstalling the original first, the Launcher will just say "Already installed!" and cancel the installation.

Aha, well since i'm not close to a PC for a while i'm going to reinstall my sims completely and redownload all CC (which are updated to 1.27/1.26)
But thanks for the help!
Test Subject
#381 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 6:52 PM
I am curious if there has been a post anywhere for manually fixing the bathtubs using S3PE along the lines of Grant Hess' bed fix?

Nothing lasts forever . . . except poetry readings.
b5Studio
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#382 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 7:21 PM
It's probably an identical process.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#383 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 7:54 PM
I have another problem with CC... I have a lot of clothing, makeup and other stuff like that (as sims3pack's), and after 1.26 patch\Pets, I can't install it! I have to convert it to packages to work... pitty.... Thank God, I have s3pe, and I can compress many packages in one file....
Test Subject
#384 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 9:50 PM
Ok I have been watching the thread and I am still a bit lost as to what is and isn't working. I know when I pulled all my mods out the game worked fine. I tried adding some mods like faster skills and such but no items and the game went kerflooey. So right now I am running with just base updated mods (master controller, story prog and all items buyable etc) but I am leery of adding my hairs and skins back because the last couple of times I did it went kerflooey (I like that word ). So I did try to run those items through the fixer thingie but it said there wasn't a rig file in them so I am not sure what is making it go ballistic when I add them. Any suggestions?
Test Subject
#385 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 5:29 AM
I'm about to say screw it and just uninstall and reinstall from scratch. Lol.
Space Pony
#386 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 1:16 AM
So many pages and the search tool hates me... But has teen maternity wear been mentioned? I've had this package of maternity wear for over a year now and when I updated to patch 1.26 it seemed to have stopped working (ie invisible teens).
Instructor
#387 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 11:42 AM
I have teen Maternity clothing, and it works. The only thing is, that I have to dress teen girl before her tummy starts to grow. But I have some graphic problems with teens dressed in those clothes, my English is to poor to explain it, but there seem to be a problem with connecting neck and trunk.
Space Pony
#388 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 3:59 PM
Could be the type I was using. They were made to just be grabbed by the teen whenever they started showing and not something I could put on them in CAS.
Instructor
#389 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 5:34 PM
Any chance for kitchen cupboards to be repaired? I mean graphic problems with corner cupboards, like on the pic below...

Alchemist
#390 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 5:36 PM
I've had that corner cabinet issue with SOME custom counters since 1.24 ...ie, since before the latest patch/Pets.
Instructor
#391 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 5:41 PM Last edited by anie_1981 : 31st Oct 2011 at 7:21 PM.
With my game, cabinets worked fine before pets... Now it looks like this...
Mad Poster
#392 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 8:21 PM
I seem to remember somebody mentioning that animations still don't work properly when a Sim uses the "Poke Fire" interaction on custom fireplaces. I can report that they don't work correctly on content actually shipped with the game! I just had a Sim poke a fire in the fireplace you can see from all sides and he put his arm through his side and the poker never actually reached the fire.
I suppose nothing can be done about this unless EA patch the files again to correct the animations though.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#393 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 9:13 PM
i have one question!! is it safe to download tattoos and peircings?? from here without having them updated, and i have asked a few times but no one has answered, what about the pose playeer??? does it need to be updated and pose packages too before they are installled?? cause i cant use the rig thing so im waiting for ppl to update their stuff before putting it in my game but i know hairs clothes and makeup and patterns are ok so i have already started putting them back in my game!!! someone please answer!
Mad Poster
#394 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 12:30 AM
Tattoos are fine since they are also CAS items. I don't know about the pose player though.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Theorist
#395 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 1:38 AM
anie_1981, installing counters in sims3pack format stops that glitch.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#396 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 6:57 AM
tizerist, converting counters from sims3packs to packages causes texture issues on corner pieces. However, the texture of the main section of counter is also messed up in that pic, so I suspect another cause.

Eminence Grise
#397 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 7:47 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 1st Nov 2011 at 8:06 AM.
I recently installed some CC counters from another site... installed as Sims3Pack, NOT package, that were supposedly pets-compatible... that had exactly that issue. Wasn't just corner pieces; any piece that adjusted to another counter section had its textures go nuts like that. These: http://pysznydesign.blogspot.com/20...lo-kitchen.html

So then I tried Morphead's, from his condo stuff set here http://www.modthesims.info/d/442824, same issue :/ And I could swear they worked fine pre-Pets. (Morphead's haven't been updated by him, but I ran them through rigfix.)

So I gave up and used EA counters
Instructor
#398 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 9:55 AM
Yeah... I also gave up. And about my counters, I have redownloaded it, because the creator fixed it himself. I tried installing it as sims3pack and as package, the same issue, as seen on my pic. Pitty, I liked this counter.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#399 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 10:47 AM
Interesting. I have some counters of my own which I made before Pets but never released due to mapping issues; I ran them through rigfix, then built a kitchen from them with no problems whatsoever. I wonder if perhaps it's tool-dependent - evidently the first ones you downloaded were made with TSRW; I don't remember which tools I used to make mine, but I'll check later.

Maybe you would be able to test mine and see if it's content-dependent or game-dependent?

(Well, I say "no problems whatsoever"... it took me fifteen fracking minutes to force the game to recognise corner pieces properly and involved rebuilding half the damn kitchen. But no texture issues, at least...)

Instructor
#400 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 12:45 PM
If you want me to test some of your counters, I can do it I can install it as sims3packa, or as packages. And one more thing, I am using S3PE to put many packages in one bigger. But I haven't see any difference if I compress counters or not....
Page 16 of 19