Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 2:53 PM
I meant no disrespect,and I appologize if my post was against rules here. I re-read what delphy said before I offered a few name ideas thinking that it was ok.
Sorry everyone.
Advertisement
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#27 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 2:57 PM
I was actually refering to Mod_bv. Youd think if you had a post deleted you wouldnt go and start the same thread again...buth ey maybe thats me. I live in a wolrd where you respect people who give you a site for nothing....
Field Researcher
#28 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 3:37 PM
Sorry mod_bv, having trouble with gmax at the moment.
Also, while scanning through SimPE, I found an object called Chips? Maybe you could use this?
Field Researcher
#29 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 3:41 PM
Im not sure I understand? Are you saying that we did something wrong?
Sorry if i did.
Oh, and RCt2, the chips:
Sims2=American
American Chips=Crisps, like walkers etc.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#30 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 3:45 PM
Hmmm...first mcdonalds thread gets closed, so mod opens up the same thread again.... gee i dont think thats wrong at all ....*sarcasm noted*
Field Researcher
#31 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 3:48 PM
You could just say yes. I live in a world where sarcasnm is considered the lowest form of humour...
And dont say
Quote:
from the lot of you

if its only mod_bv who actually opened the thread.
And dont take this as disrespectful, I'm really grateful for MTS2, and if you read my posts, I suggested a solution, but it was ignored. At least some people try to solve the problem rather than just make off hand sarcastic remarks.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#32 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 3:52 PM
If any of you just had the decency to ask permission to set up a development forum then it would be different, but since rockin the road and now this, no one has any respect what so ever. sorry if it annoys me. Im glad to see people utilize the things they learn here, hell thats what everyone does, but you all have just used forum space to talk.... and dont even respect threads being closed over it.... I guess its just a matter of who has manners and hwo doesnt... carry on..not my fight here, but you really should learn how to be more polite and follow rules better. especially when threads of yours have been locked over this before
Field Researcher
#33 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 4:48 PM
A suggestion:

Why don't you continue this on your website Mod_bv?

And I was just wondering Lyric,
What was so wrong about Rockin the road? I'm not insulting, I'm just curious.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#34 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 5:07 PM
I just find it the ethical thing to do, If youd like to set up a development thread on a forum, to ask permission, as these threads are simply chat boards at this point, and not tryuly adding to the community until a finished prodcut is produced. And If you've had a thread closed i think its wrong to repost it again after being told not to.
Inventor
Original Poster
#35 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 5:52 PM
If you look in this forum: http://forums.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8 , you can see that Delphy deleted the thread I reposted there for the reason 'This is not the build forum.' That is why it it here.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#36 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 5:56 PM
and he also stated in this post that you keep making threads and using the forum for development without ever actuallu coming up with a product.
Inventor
Original Poster
#37 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 6:02 PM
...which has a release date of August 2nd.

I really don't want to argue though, so let's forget.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 7:07 PM
Is this moving to digital sims bv? Bacuase I wanna keep ppl posted without having to wage a war at the same time. Lets not waste any more of these friendly peoples valuable time in telling us we're wrong.
I had suggested this before by the way.
Inventor
Original Poster
#39 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 7:12 PM Last edited by mod_bv : 28th Jul 2005 at 7:15 PM.
My problem is that Digital-Sims is broken:

http://d2x.examp.com/forum/

I am trying to install a File Attachment mod for phpBB, but I am not able to. If anyone could do it, I would be grateful .

P.S. Chris, if you install te File Attachment mod, I could host your forum as part of Digital-Sims. You could be a mod there, and so could simmer21, and the other people who helped, if they want to.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#40 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 7:23 PM
Does this thread have anything to do with building lots? the 45 degree cheat? walls, floors? placement of roofs? I see nothing of the sort.
Inventor
Original Poster
#41 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 7:26 PM
daysies, all I know is when I posted it in General modding it was deleted for the reason 'This is not the build forum.'

So I post it here.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#42 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 7:29 PM
Probably because the title was about McDonalds and asking people to help build a McDonald's lot.

Still there is no McDonald's lot in these 2 pages.
Inventor
Original Poster
#43 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 7:33 PM
It is not a lot, it is a developer's pack. As said in the announcement (people DO read announcements, you know), it says that this forum is not to be used for bypassing the lot approval system. I thought you would know that, considering you are a moderator.

Please can we get back on-topic?
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#44 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 7:36 PM
With all these thread closures and deletes, I don't know why you haven't already made your own site and gathered all your people there so you can be more organized and uninterrupted? Yet what you do is post roundtables for ideas that casual passerbys can't follow or foresee a future or a target date. If you have something planned for August, surprise us at that time. Make sure everything is well thought out and organized and presented in an orderly fashion. Submit it to the Downloads section for Mesh Sets.

I am closing this thread. Please take your conversations to PMs or e-mails set up your own IM chat session with your members. If you create another thread just to talk to your members, it will be deleted without warning. I'm sorry that sounds harsh, but this isn't a chat board.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#45 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 7:38 PM Last edited by daysies : 28th Jul 2005 at 7:41 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by mod_bv
It is not a lot, it is a developer's pack. As said in the announcement (people DO read announcements, you know), it says that this forum is not to be used for bypassing the lot approval system. I thought you would know that, considering you are a moderator.

Please can we get back on-topic?

If it is not a lot, then why is this thread in the Build Mode section? You started out asking people if they wanted a McDonalds but there was NO McDonalds for people to download on our Downloads section.

If you want to share a collaboration of efforts, there are many people here who do that quietly without publicly asking for ideas, which is considered advertising (which is not allowed). The fact that we even let this conversation go on in multiple threads is ridiculous.

Discussion is over.
Locked thread
Page 2 of 2