Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 8:20 AM
Problem with sims 4 package editor
Hi!

So I am using content from missparaply (http://missparaply.com/index.html), which often requires you to download a separate mesh. As I don't want the mesh to show up in the game, I am using the sims 4 package editor. This has worked fine until a couple of weeks ago. Now the cc hair that I have downloaded suddenly doesn't work as it is supposed to (the sims gets the red question mark plus the black areas in the face). Do you know what could cause this?

What I do in S4PE is that I remove the CASP and RLE2 files from the mesh. As I said, this has worked before, so what could the problem be?

Thank you in advance!
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 10:05 AM
@CmarNYC ?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#3 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 6:43 PM
Most likely you've removed something that's needed by the missparaply recolor. The first thing to try is removing only the CASPs from the package you downloaded for meshes - that's all you need do to prevent those hairs from showing up. Some of the rle2 files, perhaps the shadows, may be needed.

It's unlikely to be s4pe IMO.

If that doesn't help, I'd need to see the missparaply package and your modified meshes package to tell what's going on.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Most likely you've removed something that's needed by the missparaply recolor. The first thing to try is removing only the CASPs from the package you downloaded for meshes - that's all you need do to prevent those hairs from showing up. Some of the rle2 files, perhaps the shadows, may be needed.

It's unlikely to be s4pe IMO.

If that doesn't help, I'd need to see the missparaply package and your modified meshes package to tell what's going on.

I tried downloading the mesh again now and only remove the CASPs, and it worked perfectly fine!! I don't know why the guide I found asked me to also remove the rle2 files when that apparently isn't necessary but oh well

Thank you for the help!