Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 5:12 PM
Default Mods and Traits?
Hey all!

Okay, I can't believe I'm asking this; but does anyone know of a mod that allows incest? I want to have two siblings married, similar to what happens in the A Song of Ice and Fire series lol.

And about the legendary trait "Seductive" does it give an aura or a buff to nearby sims in your game? Both the wiki and the trait description itself sort of hint at this (similar to the "Eye Candy" lifetime reward in TS3), but it has never happened in my game...

Thanks in advance for any help.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 9:42 PM
Hi,

From my experience with the " seductive " trait, the description says indeed that your sim has an "aura", but I've never seen any buff on my other sims near the one who got this. It does make romantic socials faster/easier from what I can tell, but that's about it. Maybe my game is to blame though, can't really be sure with that game.

For your other question, I've never heard of a mod that would allow incest in this particular Sims game. Maybe there is one that other simmers will know about ? The only thing that came to my mind for this is more of a work around actually, and would need Grim's core. It would require to delete the blood relation between the two sims you want to pair, so it would not show them as related in the relationship panel and thus allow them to interact romantically. It's not a good solution if it's really important to you that the game recognizes them both as related AND partners though..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 8:56 AM
Ah okay, I'm glad to know this is at least not a bug in my game then. I guess it's probably just how the game works.

Thank you, yeah you're right I could do that, I even do have Grim's core. Otherwise, I guess I'll just have to have a completely normal, incest free game. Ugh, what a drag! XD

Thank you for your help!
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 9:56 AM
No problem

It's kinda easy actually to edit that with Grim's core, but careful to remove first the blood relation. Before I answered you the first time, I actually tried to mess around with two of my sims who are brother and sister. I just ctrl clicked the sister when playing the guy, and chose " make partner ". While it DID show her in the relationship panel as both sister AND romantic interest, there was no romantic interaction possible ( the " Romantic " tab did not show up ). On the other hand, if you begin by Grim's " remove blood relation ", then the romantic interactions are allowed.

In any case, save just before so if you mess up something, it's not too bad !
Field Researcher
#5 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anwnn
No problem

It's kinda easy actually to edit that with Grim's core, but careful to remove first the blood relation. Before I answered you the first time, I actually tried to mess around with two of my sims who are brother and sister. I just ctrl clicked the sister when playing the guy, and chose " make partner ". While it DID show her in the relationship panel as both sister AND romantic interest, there was no romantic interaction possible ( the " Romantic " tab did not show up ). On the other hand, if you begin by Grim's " remove blood relation ", then the romantic interactions are allowed.

In any case, save just before so if you mess up something, it's not too bad !

I have messed about with Grim's Core and many things became possible that are impossible when using the default game, or Grim's default core. I cannot tell it all here, but an incest relationship is possible, without having to pay for mods that claim to do certain things, or else are not compatible with Sims Medieval. I think I shall tell you a bit in a PM.
TC, Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xeny
I have messed about with Grim's Core and many things became possible that are impossible when using the default game, or Grim's default core.

You started coding, Xeny? Nice!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeeDawg
You started coding, Xeny? Nice!

LOL! You are funny, DeeDawg! No, I didn't have to code anything.

Quote:
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 5:52 PM
Aww, too bad :p
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 3:41 PM
Thank you for the replies you all! And thanks for the PM Xeny!

I've been thinking of maybe making this mod myself, but I'm such a noob at modding. I guess it's a tuning mod I should make? I've looked online and at other threads here on TSM forum for some guidance, but the problem is that I don't really know what I'm looking for, again, because I'm such a noob, lmao.

I looked in The Sims Medieval/GameData/Shared/Packages, and there's several packages. Is it maybe one of them? And If I were to allow incest, what would I have to look for in a package?

Thank you for any help in advance. :D
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 11:02 PM
Unfortunately, it won't be possible to allow for incest through a simple tuning mod, as those restrictions are locked inside the gameplay logic.

In general when you're dealing with interactions, you want to look for its ITUN resource. So let's take a look at the woohoo interaction, but it could be any romantic interaction really. If you take a look inside the SASDeltaBuild2 package (the delta packages will contain the most recent files, as opposed to the full packages), you will find a ITUN resource in there named WooHoo_Sim. You can make this search easier by using the filters inside S3PE e.g. to only show ITUN resources. In this file you will see some things that you could change, like disallowing sims who are already pregnant to woohoo. However, as said, you won't find an option here for allowing incest.

At the bottom of the file you will see a reference to Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Beds.WooHoo+Definition, which is a reference to the gameplay logic for this interaction. Now, I know you're not experienced with coding, so let's only take a look at the interesting part. The interaction will do some generic validation for whether the two sims engaged in the interaction are able to get romantic with each other, and one of those validation steps is the following:
Code:
	if (this.Genealogy.IsSufficientlyRelatedToRuleOutRomance(target.Genealogy))

{

return false;

}

This part of the code is pretty verbose, so hopefully it's somewhat clear what's happening here.

So to allow for incest would either require a core mod in which you remove this validation step, or a scripting mod in which you create your own interactions with their own validations and then deregister the original interactions and register your own in their place. The second option is what twallan did with his WooHooer mod for The Sims 3.

Both options are likely too advanced to start off with, however.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 11:22 AM
Hmm, I see. Well I guess if I should ever get more experienced with coding (as if, lol), this would be something I could try.

But I'm super glad you told me a bit about it DeeDawg! It's still very useful to know.

So thank you for your help!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 4:54 PM
No problem.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 1:39 AM
You can still have your incest relationship, Jenna. Did the steps I PM'd you not work for you? My king made it with his daughter some time ago, they had a kid, or two, and I have the pics and a video to prove it. LOL Perhaps you did not find the options I suggested? Let me know, K?

TC Xeny

Quote:
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 11:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Xeny
You can still have your incest relationship, Jenna. Did the steps I PM'd you not work for you? My king made it with his daughter some time ago, they had a kid, or two, and I have the pics and a video to prove it. LOL Perhaps you did not find the options I suggested? Let me know, K?

TC Xeny

I've taken a look at your PM again, and I've replied, but I can't tell if you've recieved it? Look forward to hear from you.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JennaSims<3
I've taken a look at your PM again, and I've replied, but I can't tell if you've recieved it? Look forward to hear from you.

Yes, I saw your reply PM. But your last posts on this thread seem to suggest that you are unable to get your sibling sims together in a relationship. I guess you want a mod preferably so as to make it forever? LMAO!

Xeny

Quote:
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 6:48 PM
Xeny,

Oh nice, and LOL, this last reply was written before I PM'd you. XD So now I've just accepted that there's no mod for this, and I'll make do with using "cheats" (aka Grim's Core). ^^